Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[PLANNING] BronyCon 2013 Shut-In Edition

~Scootaloo

8 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate (only vote if you can't make it to the real thing)?

• Yes
    • No

This thread is for those of you who want to celebrate BronyCon, but for whatever reason will not be able to make it to the real thing. I was thinking that for those of you on the forum we should do something like maybe a live stream or something?

Post ideas here - it's not fair that we don't get to have fun just because of circumstances!

If you would like to participate just put in your post "I want to participate :)" and I'll add you to the list

Participating

~Scootaloo

WhiteLightning

MelancholicMemory

Eragonrde12

Edited by ~Scootaloo

This only makes me regret not being able to visit Bronycon 2013 more, but what the hay, I kinda need a topic to post in regularly and at least the people I'll find here will have similar issues.

My issue being distance. Living a few thousand miles away (The Netherlands, Europe) isn't exactly ideal. And yes there's conventions closer to me (BUCK for instance) but those don't even come close to Bronycon and even those are largely unreachable for me. (Once I have money and I live on my own... conventions will be attended. If the fandom is still active enough by then...)

So yeah. I want to participate.

Edited by WhiteLightning

Well do you have any idea what you would want to do (again you have to remember this will be online). I was thinking that maybe a bunch of us could watch a movie via live stream (assuming that its legal). Thoughts?

I wasn't going to go, but I recently heard that one of my favorite musicians might be playing there, so I've reconsidered. I'm already going to one con this year, so I don't know if I really can make it though. Put me on the list please, and I'll post if I end up actually going.

I want to participate!

my parents wont let me go :(

Do you know what time it is though? I know it's August 2nd, just I have school, and I don't know if I can watch the whole livestream or not.

I'd like to participate!

Living on mainland Britain and not earning my own income would make it pretty damn hard for me to attend Bronycon, so I'd love to participate in this.

idea: Someone (going to bronycon, of course) can host this and then learn how to livestream with a camcorder or something, then brings it to bronycon, then livestreams it. 

Edited by Eragonrde12

Idk maybe like a giant skype conversation or something and we could have like games or something? Like our own little so you think you're a brony and maybe trivia stuff like that. although we'd have to convince everypony not to talk during games which could be difficult  :huh:

Suggestions? Well here's mine:

- Skype group call. IMO it will feel a lot more personal and all if we are all talking to each other directly instead of typing all the time.

- Open a Synchtube, It'll allow us to synchronize YouTube videos, we could even watch episodes that have been uploaded to Youtube together. I have an account already so I could do this.

Suggestions? Well here's mine:

- Skype group call. IMO it will feel a lot more personal and all if we are all talking to each other directly instead of typing all the time.

- Open a Synchtube, It'll allow us to synchronize YouTube videos, we could even watch episodes that have been uploaded to Youtube together. I have an account already so I could do this.

Actually the Skype idea is a good idea, now I'm going to make a Skype account (don't yell at me for not having a skype account, I'm just 13)

EDIT: I now have a skype account :D

Edited by Eragonrde12

i would go to the real thing, but i have no idea where it is. plus if i did it will most likely be far away from me. if it was close, i still wouldnt be able to go since i have no one to go with. i hate going places on my own

Leaving away from USA sucks for brony cons... Add lack of money and late summer exams and you have a pretty good anticon formula.

Going to bronycon is one of my dream, and I swear I will save up money for next year to starvation if I have to!