Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Steam Powered Adventure RP

Fire Runner

@,

"Ya lets hope they stay that way!" Striker said hopeful, he was blushing, and couldn't really help it, he was very glad that he had met Autumn, she was one of his only friends, and probably the only person who ever understood him, he cared for her greatly and would be devistated if anything happened to her. "Well i think it's getting late, we should all probably rest up for tomorrows journey." Strikr couldn't help looking at Autumn before he left to go to his room. when he got to his room, their was a nice bed in the center, instead of jumping on the bed he found a nice spot on the wooden floor and got into a meditation postion, Striker rarely slept anymore, instead he would always meditate focusing on every sound he heard, thats why he always made a good body guard, he was always ready for a fight.

@,

Asteron noticed the others seemed to be talking about Autumn's wings. He walked over and decided he might as well throw in his two cents.

"I saw a lot of prosthetics when I was in the military, and I can tell those are real high quality hardware. Did you make them yourself?"

@,

Asteron noticed the others seemed to be talking about Autumn's wings. He walked over and decided he might as well throw in his two cents.

"I saw a lot of prosthetics when I was in the military, and I can tell those are real high quality hardware. Did you make them yourself?"

Autumn turned to Star.

"Yeah... i did. its taken me two years to get them just right." Autumn said with a smile.

"my leg still needs a little bit of work though... it doesn't handle pressure very well, so it seizes up a lot." Autumn added, twitching her leg a back and forth.

@,

Star nodded.

"It's very impressive; you must be a brilliant engineer. I can understand why doing your own leg might be difficult, though. Maybe I can talk to some of my friends in the military, see if I can't call in a few favors to have a top engineer help you with it."

@,

Star nodded.

"It's very impressive; you must be a brilliant engineer. I can understand why doing your own leg might be difficult, though. Maybe I can talk to some of my friends in the military, see if I can't call in a few favors to have a top engineer help you with it."

"that would be great! i do need a lot of help with it. thank you." Autumn said, giving Star a friendly nod.

"hey, can i get a drink? something strong to calm my nerves." Autumn Bell asked her hoof tapping on the counter nervously.

this mission... its going to be hopeless... but at least we have to try...

@,

Star nodded and headed back behind the bar to pour her a drink.

"Of course, just be careful with it. Minotaurs like a strong drink, and this stuff is more than ponyfolk, especially a little thing like you, are used to. It can be overwhelming, and you don't want to start off the expedition with a hangover."

He chuckled a bit as he passed her the glass. 

@,

Star nodded and headed back behind the bar to pour her a drink.

"Of course, just be careful with it. Minotaurs like a strong drink, and this stuff is more than ponyfolk, especially a little thing like you, are used to. It can be overwhelming, and you don't want to start off the expedition with a hangover."

He chuckled a bit as he passed her the glass. 

Autumn caught the glass and chuckled.

"you'll be surprised, i use to spend all day drinking at this bar called the Prancing Pony. i can hold down almost any drink." Autumn said before taking a swig of the drink.

"mmmm, this is mighty good. whats in it?" she asked.

@,

Star poured himself a glass and sat down next to her.

"It's a very delicate brew, easy to mess up, and downright dangerous if it isn't made properly. It's got seven different kinds of liquor, cloves, cinnamon, and just a tiny dash of poison joke. That's what makes it so dangerous if you screw it up, but it's just not the same without it." 

Amber's eyes lit up at at the mention of seven different types of liquor. "Mmm, that almost sounds like something I could drink, these pony malts are making my stomach go soft. I've gotta keep up appearances, ya know what I mean?" Amber said to the Minotaur. "I hope you left a little extra for me."

@

@

Striker was in his zen state, he heard everything around him, the birds, the chattering downstairs and how someponies were going on about a drink of some sort, and the hammering of the gunsmith, probably making his bullets, suddenly the hammering that Striker had grown accustomed to stopped, Striker opened his eyes, "Bullets must be done..." Striker grabbed his staff and walked downstairs, their he saw Amber and Autumn drinking some sort of Super drink, as Striker understood it, looking at Amber he simply said "I suggest you don't drink something strong captain... we can't have a hungover ship driver now can we?" Striker said smiling, looking at Autumn he gave a small chuckle. Striker was right about the bullets being done as he paid the gunsmith, and so many bullets did they make him, Striker carried a large crate back to the inn and dropped it on a table close to everypony.

@@jdor11

"Oi! My ship, my rules okay? If I wanna drink myself to death I'm gonna do it. Besides, I'll be fine by morning... Well I mean fine as in sober, but it's not like it would be the first time that I've flown with an hangover" Amber said, waving away Striker's concerns with one hoof. "Besides, it's always good to fly with a little alcohol on your breath, it keeps the stress at bay."

@,

@,

"I will have you know we are not on your ship captain, but if your willing to drink your self blind then go ahead, i wont stop you..."

Striker put the box of bullets away and started getting out empty magazines which he had to craft himself, looking at star he asked, "So i heard your a military man am i right? Well in all your time in the army have you ever seen such a bullet?" Striker pulled one out of the crate, it was huge! as long as half a ponies leg and almost as wide, it was covered in a special shiny substance made of different metals, "This bullet is probably the most dangerous in the entire land, i have not met a pony yet who can beat this bullet..." Striker said admiring his work.

Edited by jdor11

@@jdor11,

Amber eyed the bullet, unimpressed. "Why the hay would you use somethin' like that to take out a pony? It looks like it weighs about a ton on it's own. If that's not overkill I don't know what is!" she said as she pulled a small sawn-off shotgun out of her vest. "Now this here is a real, practical weapon. No fancy bullets or nuthin', but she sure hasn't let me down yet."

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

@,

Striker looked at the captain, "The work i do requires me to go to extreme measures... most of the time at least. Now if you want to see a real weapon then i will show you one." Striker pulled the staff from off his back and showed it to the captain, it looked like a large metal staff with large pieces of metal hanging on the side, "This is more then you might think it is, to you it's just a staff but you haven't seen it when it's angry!" Striker said laughing.

@,@@jdor11,

Star shrugged, unimpressed.

"If you know what you're doing, you shouldn't need weapons like those. The best warriors use something simpler."

He reached underneath the bar and pulled out his greataxe.

"Like this. All I need is a few feet of metal, preferably with something sharp at the end." 

@,

"You mean like this?" Striker said pushing a button on the staff, the blade poped out into the scythe, Striker then took a small ice cube and through it in the air above Star, a blur of movement and sound later snow started falling over the bartender, "Hey look i made it snow!" Striker said laughing, he popped the blade back in place and put it back on his back, "Know any good drinks that use snow?" Striker said trying not to laugh.

@@jdor11,

Star chuckled a bit as the sliced up former ice cube drifted down around him.

"I know quite a few actually, but most of them either taste foul or don't have any flavor at all. And I'm sure I could show you something just as impressive with this, but I don't feel like showing off, and besides, I'd rather not wreck my own building."

• Brohoof 1

@@jdor11,@,

((OP much?))

Amber growled and brushed some ice off of her muzzle. "Yeah go right ahead and show off why dontcha?" she grumbled at Striker, "I swear you nearly took my head off with that thing. Hey Star can you make more one of your special minotaur drinks? You know, to celebrate that I wasn't just decapitated by a madstallion with a scythe."

(I don't think it's very OP, it's not like i killed anyone, and besides, everyone is good at something... haven't you seen the master swordsman brake a b-b before?)

@,

Striker laughed, "Well captain sounds like you don't trust me enough! You don't just go to any weapons shop and buy one of these!" Striker motioned to his scythe, "In fact you don't go anywhere and buy these, I hoof made this from scratch, and know every inch of this weapon without even looking. Besides i wouldn't be swinging this thing around if i hadn't gotten training first." Striker said joyfully. 

@@jdor11,

((There is a difference between being good at something and good at everything)) 

"None of that actually changes the fact that it's sharp and too close to my face" Amber retorted. "Your 'trainer' must have neglected to to teach you modesty, haven't you read those old foals tales about how too much boasting always ends up bad for the perpetrator" she said as she walked over to the bar and hopped up onto one of the stools, tapping her hoof on the counter.

@,

Star nodded.

"Of course. I've got just the thing. Give me a minute and I'll mix it up for you."

He turned to the shelf of bottles behind him and started mixing what seemed like the entire collection into a single bizzare concoction. After a few minutes he poured it into a shaker and shook it furiously, then poured it into a large glass and handed it to her.

"There you go, that's the strongest drink I've got. Which is saying something."

(who said Striker was good at everything? He is a blade master yes, but i did not say he was perfect about anything else, not once!)

@

"Didn't you hear the old foals tales about how to much drink will also end badly? And what makes me the Perpetrator? I harmed noone and i plan to keep it that way until i really have to use this beauty!" Striker said a little annoyed, "i am going to go out back and train." Striker said annoyed walking out back he opened his blade up and got into his normal stance.

@

Amber ignored Striker and took a deep swig, immediately regretting it. It took all her will power not to spit it out again as she forced herself to swallow. She whistled, "woah, that is strong. Good, but strong" she said fighting back tears. Amber lifted the glass to her mouth and took a second (albeit much smaller) drink. She could feel the alcohol warming her whole body as it ran down her throat. "Tha's really good" she said, her voice already starting to slur slightly as she took another sip.

@

Striker looked at the fighting dumby's and started training, the speed and agility he had was not normal for most ponies, cutting through the dumby's like a knife through water, he accidentally used the gun, realizing what he did, he could only watch as the bullet hit the target... two seconds later a huge bang, Striker put his scythe back and walked back into the inn, "Sorry about the mess outside... I... um kinda got carried away..." Striker said trying not to hide from the damage he caused.

@,

Star couldn't help but laugh at her reaction to taking such large swig of the drink.

"I told you it was strong. We minotaurs don't take drinking lightly. You might not want to finish the whole thing, it's even more alcohol than it seems like."

@

Striker looked at the fighting dumby's and started training, the speed and agility he had was not normal for most ponies, cutting through the dumby's like a knife through water, he accidentally used the gun, realizing what he did, he could only watch as the bullet hit the target... two seconds later a huge bang, Striker put his scythe back and walked back into the inn, "Sorry about the mess outside... I... um kinda got carried away..." Striker said trying not to hide from the damage he caused.

He sighed, and walked outside to survey the damage.

"Ah well, it's still better than the time my axe slipped out of my hands and broke through the wall. Don't worry about it, lad."