Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like to put on tacos?

Thundershock

Just what the title says.What kind of stuff do you like to put on tacos? What i put on my tacos is just meat and cheese.Im kinda a plain flavor person for some reason :/.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like to put that much on my tacos. really the only thing I like on them is taco sauce/hot sauce (the shpiecay kind), and occasionally lettuce. Other than that, nothing.

Depends on where I go and what kind of taco we're talking about here. Typically i love putting freaking everything mexican food related on my tacos. So like, my taco will be ten percent meat ninety percent cheese, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, onions etc

Now that being said, if I'm in Taco Bell I like eating my whole meal together. It makes Taco Bell somehow more unhealthy if you mix it all up together and that just makes it more fun!

By the way anyone who says that Taco Bell is Mexican food is lying and needs to go try some real Mexican food.

Edited by Lord Bababa

I don't really put all that much on taco's when I am going out it is lettuce and cheese, I don't think the lettuce really adds anything to it but it dosen't take anything away from it either so I just don't mind it. If I am making them at home though it is just meat, cheese and of course hot sauce usually either Cholula or Tapatio or sometimes some salsa usualy either chipotle or salse verde.

EVERYTHING

img-1267173-1-DW7Zz.png

-------

if i could only put that as a response for comedic effect, it would be funny. but i can't so let's elaborate!!! it really depends what kind of taco it is. on the standard taco, i like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, meat, avacado/guacamole and maybe a small touch of sour cream. on certain other kinds of tacos such as fajita with a soft corn tortilla, i might like some chopped cilantro, lime juice and onions, and for barbacoa, cilantro and onions with no lime. on breakfast tacos, i like salsa. so many tacos, so little time......

Edited by crazitaco

Definitely Cholula: original for beef, lime for chicken tacos.  Guac and/or sour cream is a nice addition.  I really don't like putting lettuce on tacos, but tomatoes aren't too objectionable if they're fresh.  If fancier stuff isn't available, just some jar-salsa is enough to at least make them interesting versus dry meat/cheese tacos.

I really don't like the taco seasoning packets you can buy in the store, and I've been meaning to use this recipe I found for making your own.  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/Detail.aspx

Though there lies a soft spot in my stomach for Taco Bell, I definitely like home-made tacos/burritos. The sauce my mom makes is fantastic. @_@

Regardless, with me, it has to be spicy. No exceptions. If that means meat and cheese drenched in hot sauce? Bring it on. As for type, definitely Cholula, RedHot, Texas Pete, or all three combined. Otherwise, definitely the usual fixings. But it has to have SOME KIND of hot sauce.

My ultimate taco is:

Hard shell

Seasoned beef cooked with onions

Sharp cheddar cheese

Lettuce

Occasionally I like some sauce too, like if I go to Taco Bell. However, the above is how I like my tacos. Layered in that order, too. I like it simple. I don't like there to be too many flavors, or they clash to me.

By the way, tacos are the most amazing food evarz, and I loves themsssss laugh.png

Edited by Clover Heart

I'm a pretty plain person myself, just meat and cheese is really all I ever put on them. And I really don't eat tacos very much in the first place.

Most of the other stuff you can put on taco's I don't really like, or it doesn't taste good to me on tacos.

I put on meat and cheese. Lettuce never really appealed to me taco-wise. I think I'm having tacos tonight, though :)

It will be delicioussssssssssss

I tend to be a very plain person . Just meat and cheese in it for me please maybe a little lettuce in there too. I normally don't do Taco Bell though.  I have quite a few "REAL" Mexian food places near my area. SO most of the time If I really am in the mood for Mexican I'll eat at a real Mexican place. It's kinda like Pizza here.... I mean I love Pizza Hut, and Domino's just fine. But where I am from in NJ, there are a lot of great local pizza places near by that are a bit better.

I think it depends on who and what tacos they are or are from, so like something homeade (thrown together) Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and plenty of tomatoes and cilantro, or (with a nice recipe) something more than that. Or at a place, maybe some guac or avocado or something.

I put chili, lime or guacamole on them. Oh wait, what kind of tacos are we talking about here? Real tacos or fake tacos?

tumblr_lfjn77xNvL1qdzyojo1_500.jpg

Hey how about taquitos? I personaly, like putting sour cream and chese on top of them.

chefmom-baked-taquitos-recipe.jpg

Edited by Neighvana666

Not to much, actually. First the meat, followed by lettuce, the hottest of hot sauce, and to finish a bunch of shredded cheese. For the shell I enjoy hard shell, especially the Doritos hard shell.

FISH!! FISH TACOS!! Or whatever ingredients are readily available. Like the ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions. All that normal shit. PLUS THE SPICIEST HOT SAUCE I CAN FIND. I need my tongue to fall off when I eat that mess.

...I do like burritos better however.

There are two things that go extremely well on tacos that everyone I know thinks me odd for enjoying.

1: Jamaican jerk sauce

2: Thai sweet chili sauce.

Seriously. I try to get either one or the other on any taco (or burrito, for that matter!) that I eat. o3o

In addition, boring stuff like ground beef, lettuce, cheese, and jalapenos.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...