Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What cant you do body wise?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I mean this as in...snapping fingers, whistling, swim, cook, etc. Anything else, body wise, that everyone else can do, but you cant? What cant you do? Is it embarrassing? Or not?

I cannot swim, cook, or snap my fingers. I cannot make my fingers make the snap noise if my life depended on it. I dunno, I just cant and its hard. I never have been able to swim or be able to go under water and that is kind of embarrassing. Like, all my friends can swim and experience under water. I never have experienced it and afraid to even try. I cant cook. One because im scared of the heat from the oven and I just suck at it! I can bake better, but still cannot go near the oven.

I really wish I could swim though, I can barely doggy paddle! I have had some people taunt me about it and try to say "its not hard". It is for me.

• Brohoof 3

I really wish I could swim though, I can barely doggy paddle! 

Lol I can't really swim either. At least I can doggy paddle though xP

Actually I take that back, I can swim decently well, except I can't float.

I can't really whistle either, but sometimes I can kind of whistle but not really lol

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

One weird talent I have, is I can wiggle my ears. Once I was at a camp, and my little brother and a friend where going to do an act, but my brothers friend was nowhere to be seen. So, I ended up doing a over dramatic lead up to buy time for my brothers friend to return. I basically trolled the whole audience. Wouldn't trade anything for that moment when they figured out I was just wiggling my ears. xD

Edited by Pixel Mouse
  • Brohoof 1

Due to Injury:

I have difficulty running as I had to have my knee reconstructed a few years ago.

Sometimes my right hand locks shut, as the tendons were severed at one point, and when reconnected the doctors didn't quite get the paths right.

Due to me being weird:

I can't float... well, technically I can, but I float a several feet below the surface of the water. Just far enough down that takes effort to keep my head above water.

I can't jump very well. This has nothing to do with the knee, I've never been able to jump very well. I've got short legs and a very long torso, so even though I'm 6'2" or so, I've only got a 30" inseam at most. I just don't get enough 'spring' with that to get my mass very elevated. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have had some people taunt me about it and try to say "its not hard". It is for me.

I can definitely relate to that. There have been so many things that people try to convince me aren't really hard, but it's just not going to happen for me. Weird stuff, too. Juggling (although not everyone can do that anyway, but I can't even after a lot of practice), drawing (I can barely manage stick figures), and jumping rope are the three examples that stand out. I really get frustrated when people say that  something isn't that hard, because they clearly don't understand that it for some people it really is.

• Brohoof 1

For some bizarre reason, I can do even numbers of dance movements easily with the time, but I get all weird and uncoordinated if you ask me to do three of something. huh.png

Can't snap or whistle. People have tried to teach me how to snap. Many people.

Breastroke and butterfly strokes in swimming are impossible. Well, I can do them, I just end up swallowing a ton of water in the process. Freestyle or backstroke any day.

Edited by Stellafera

I can't whistle properly. I've tried really hard many times over the years, but I just can't do it. I can snap my fingers, but sometimes my fingers just won't snap for whatever reason.

Oh, and I can't sleep.

• Brohoof 2

I can't swim to save my life.tongue.png  Whistling isn't a problem for me and neither is snapping my fingers. One thing I terrify all my friends with is my hands, well I guess the way to word this is my fingers are double jointed on both my hands. I also can't cook worth a damn but I can grill and smoke foods better than anyone I know. It's quite sad indeed.

I can't snap.

I can't touch my toes when stretching because I never stretch :/.

I can't cook because I never bothered to learn.

I can roll my tongue but I can't do that cloverleaf shape; that's just beyond me. 

Occasionally I have a hard time keeping my legs from fidgeting because of RLS.  

None of these are particularly embarrassing except maybe the stretching but I don't work out with company that often. I have gotten a lot of attention because of RLS though, mostly because of squeaky desks during tests laugh.png.

• Brohoof 1

I can't jump to save my life, tying ties and shoes is neaerly impossible for me I can run fairly fast but not for any longer than short bursts.

Wow, I'm seem to not be the only one who can't whistle properly...because I can't as well. I never really learned how. I try to and all it comes out is air. xD

That, and I can't run very fast either. Not that I don't like it, though. 

I, like many a pony here, can't whistle to save my life. I wish I could though.  I mean, how else am I supposed to tell passing women I find them attractive?

Edited by CamRad18
  • Brohoof 1

I can't touch my tongue to my nose...so yeah I guess you could say that have a pretty rough life. ;)

But really, it's not embarrassing, and it's not like that would ever come in handy anyways. 

I'm one of the people in the "can't whistle" boat, but another thing that evades me to a lesser extent is the "ch" sound.  I can make it just find if I focus on pushing air out of my mouth quickly, but in casual conversation it always either sounds like "ksh" or some saliva gets in there and it becomes "ksdkbyusafjk3."

Edited by Pony Joe

I can whistle, but not on command. Whenever I try to whistle it comes out all airy. I whistle all the time on accident though, I don't even know how it happens.

I also cannot snap... With my middle finger. I actually can only use my pinkie to snap, I don't know anyone else who can. If there is anyone else out there please let me know, I'm lonely.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

I can't snap and never have been able to. Dozens of people have tried to teach me and nothing has worked :(. I used to not be able to whistle but I'm learning :). Soon :). I hope to be able to make awkward silences even more awkward.

I also can't roll my tongue, but that's actually genetic. My sister can and she teased me for a long time once she found out I couldn't :(. It was sad. 

If drawing counts then put me down for that too. One day I was extremely bored during a slightly off topic lecture on Romantic Poetry and I started doodling drawings of Rainbow Dash. If she were real I would have probably apologized to her for just how bad they were. I destroyed the evidence :(.

Reach my toes without bending my knees! It's as if I have little T-rex arms! It isn't embarassing now, but my lack of flexibility was rather embarassing during the high school days. Push-ups, fine. Sit-ups, no problem! Reach your toes, lol nope...

Also I still can't do an owl call with my hands. I've been trying on and off for a few years, but I guess I'll just stick to whistling.

Edited by Celtore

Uh, i guess i'm pretty well equipped. There isn't much i can't do in terms of the basics. Except cooking, i have all these great ideas that will make for a delicious meal and then something goes wrong and it tastes like absolute crap. 

I burnt a damn pancake yesterday, I didn't even know that was possible. 

This is a little strange. I can snap my fingers, but only with my right hand. For whatever reason, the fingers of my left hand don't seem to have enough muscular strength to do it. Right hand though, I can snap exceptionally loud! My eyesight is very poor, but I do have the ability to roll my eyes very fast. I can freak people out doing that!

blink.png

I can't roll my tongue (I have a mild tongue-tie which I think I'm going to fix eventually). I am a shitty swimmer. I have horrendous upper-body strength (though oddly I have large triceps).

Though I do have hypermobile fingers, and of all things, knees. That's always a good way to freak people out. :P

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I can't do the touch your nose with your tongue thing, as well as being flexible enough to touch my toes without my knees popping up. Though I have a nice 27" jump, I'm just not flexible :/