Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Live Concerts

Moog the Kvlt

I've been to three concerts, all with the same headlining band. Skillet. The first one with Skillet opened with The Letter Black, then had Hawk Nelson (I wasn't there for them, their music was okay, but they were kind of funny), Decyfer Down, then of course Skillet. At this concert me and my two cousins had good seats, 2nd row back, on the side, close to the stage. Not in front, but still close.

The second one with Skillet opened again with The Letter Black (Me and my cousin got our picture with them), RED, and of course Skillet. The location were they played this time had a balcony, which is where me and my cousin had our seats, so we a had good view looking down on the stage.

The last one was just Skillet. They played at my local fair. So it was only them. The seats here were first come first serve, we managed to get fairly close. Since this was at the fair around Halloween, my cousin dressed as Napoleon Dynamite (He looks like him, and has similar hair, and does a good impression of him), his girlfriend went as Debs, and I went as Pedro. I had a wig for it, and it helped that I had a mustache too back then.

All good concerts, and the best part about Skillet Concerts is they are cheap. Avg of about $25.

I actually did see Grouplove on a school night... Yeah the next day SUCKED! The concert was fun though, and I have pics of the tickets lol. It was at the Newport since I live in Columbus Ohio.

Wait, I forgot you shouldn't upload pics directly... Ill get a photobucket soon.post-13125-0-27226600-1363309073_thumb.jpg

Edited by MMPony

I saw this one guy who used to be in Bush who's name I can't remember live at a hotel once. I still have an autographed album of his somewhere. I'll have to dig that out.

I saw this one guy who used to be in Bush who's name I can't remember live at a hotel once. I still have an autographed album of his somewhere. I'll have to dig that out.

The lead singer from Bush?

That would be Gavin Rossdale

Bush were an amazing band

Though I do like his solo works

I kind of prefer his works in Bush

I might be going to see Styx on April 6, I'm so excited about it, and it will strangely be my first concert, but I've always wanted to go to one.  Other bands I'd like to see live are Aerosmith, Rush, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, REO Speedwagon, pretty much any 70's and 80's band.

I went to a Jeff Mangum concert a month or two ago. I'm not a fan of his music, but I went with one of my best friends, so it was totally awesome. It was my first time ever going to a concert. It was a pretty good experience, I just wish we had sat in chairs instead of standing on the stage the whole time, though. My legs got pretty stiff, and it was really crowded. Overall, though, it was great.

Seeing live music/performances is the only way to truly experience music and self expression. So much sweat and tears go into making an album but if the artist is not able to preform well I typically loose interest in them. There is the exception of the artists who do not do live shows and are typically one man bands. I can still enjoy and appreciate them just like any other artist. However not being able to see them in their, natural habitat if you will; then I can not truly appreciate the art that they are creating.

I've seen Streetlight Manifesto and Chicago live. I could probably die happy with that, as Chicago is my favorite band, and Streetlight Manifesto is my favorite modern band. Now SM is going to stop touring, I was lucky that they came to my state and city. At this point, the only band other than those two that I'd go see is probably The Eagles.

Funny thing is that I saw both bands in the same year. I had never been to a concert before. SM came in March, and the tickets were only $15. I couldn't believe it, so I had to go. Of course it was totally worth it. They played the majority of the songs I really like. And I loved the lead singer's snarky comment at one point "You guys have freedom of religion down here... Right?" LOL. Even though I was still a Christian at that point, I found it amusing.

Chicago was also completely worth it. Although I went with my parents as a birthday present. I didn't know what to expect, as the band today is not the band I listen to from the late 60s/70s. However, I guess they knew what their listeners listen to and the majority of their concert was old stuff. Which was amazing. They still can play it, too! Although the lead guitarist is long gone (as in not in this world anymore...yeah.) and the main bassist is gone (good riddance anyway, he was the one that wanted to get rid of the brass/saxophone section, jazz influence, and turn the band into the sappy pop that many know the band as today) they still had it. So it was very enjoyable.

Josh groban. I think that's about it. My mom is OBSESSED with josh. She doesn't have the shirts or posters of him, or that would be creepy. I like josh groban. We got the albums as soon as they come out. (My first one,and favorite is live at the Greek. SO AMAZING! But ,y favorite song will always be rainbow factory and awoken.). So when mom got us tickets, I was HYPED! It was amazing! We drove to Orlando to see him preform. That was my first concert. At least the first one I remember.

Edited by Bearsie

• 6 months later...

Oh man where to start:

Pretty much in Chronological order

-Matchbox Twenty & Sugar Ray

-The Offspring, Auf Der Maur & The Start

-Music As A Weapon 3 Feat. Disturbed, Stone Sour, Flyleaf & Non-Point

-Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin & Red

-Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether & Neverset

-Story Of The Year, Madina Lake & Josiphine Collective

-Bullet For My Valentine, Bleeding Through & Cancer Bats

105th Harley Davidson Festival Feat. The Foo Fighters & Three Days Grace

-Metallica, Machine Head & The Sword

-Disturbed, Skindred & Distrophy

-Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin & Flyleaf (Got to meet 3DG backstage too)

-Bullet For My Valentine, Chidios, Airborn & Arcanium (Got to meet BFMV after the show)

- Demon Hunter, Sleeping Giant, Bullet For Pretty Boy, Inhale Exhale & Kobra And The Lotus (Got to meet Demon Hunter after the show)

-Story Of The Year & Flyleaf

-Avalanche Tour 2011 Feat. Stone Sour, Theory Of A Deadman, Skillet, Halestorm & Art Of Dying

-Cold, Egypt Central, Kopek, Oceans Divide, & Loosing Scarlet

-The Gas Rats, Amor Emarta, Bam Bam And The Gigolos, Bradley (ft. Micheal T. Grace), Fat Element, Odd Man Out, Number 9 Hard, Scorpio 67, Ocellus, Loup-Garou, Eighty-D

-Machine Head, Suicide Silence & The Darkest Hour

-Gigantour 2012 Feat. Megadeth, Motorhead, Volbeat & Lacuna Coil

-Avalanche Tour 2012 Feat. Shinedown & Adalitas Way

-Tresspass America Festival Feat. 5 Finger Death Punch, Killswitch Engage, Pop Evil, Trivium, Emmure, Battlecross & God Forbid

-Stone Sour, Papa Roach and Otherwise

-Shinedown, Three Days Grace and P.O.D.

-Gigantour 2013 Feat. Megadeth, Black Label Society, Device, Hellyeah, Newstead & Death Division

-Bronypalooza 2013

-Scream It Like You Mean It 2013 Feat. Story Of The Year, Silverstein, Like Moths To Flames, Hawthorne Heights, Capture The Crown, Set It Off & I Am King (got VIP pass to meet everyone backstage and attend an acoustic performance by SOTY)

-Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Testament & Huntress (got VIP pass to meet Testament, got to meet Huntress' lead singer and at the last minute got a discount VIP pass to meet Lamb Of God)

Been to a couple of concerts now.

My first one back in 2007 I saw Breaking Benjamin', 3 Days Grace, Red, & Seether.

In 2009 saw the Answer & AC/DC which was awesome.

2010 saw Bullet for My Valentine & Airbourne

The most recent concert I went to was Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden concert in 2012 last summer.

I saw pretty much the exact same show back in 2007. Except it didn't have Seether. No 3DG, BB & Seether would return around 2008.

Also saw BFMV & Airbourne, except my show also had Chidios and Arcanium on the bill.

I really wanted to go to that Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden show. Did Alice bring out Eddie?

Edited by Denim&Venom