Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Eat at chick-fil-a

Michael DeSanta

I know they supported family first I get it. But why do i like their chicken sandwhichs so much. Not to mention their waffle fries too. I know they are against gay marriage but still what should I do. I mean their food is a lil pricy,they are not open on sundays which I understand they want to give their workers sunday off since they are a christan company you have a right to freedom of religion. But still what should I do?

Should I boycott them for their honest belifs? Should I not eat there because it is fast food. Or should I just forgive them and stop worrying about their politics and go to a place for its food and stop makeing this thing Bucking political. I feel a little odd posting this on here please i am just curious about this.

• Brohoof 1

Actually I have gone out of my way to not eat there since long before the whole gay-rights controversy. I have never liked fast food, but Chick-Fil-A holds it own among McDonalds and Burger King on the list of places I will not eat. When the CEO started spitting out all that stupidity against gay marriage it only solidified the fact that I will never step foot inside that place until I die.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Oh my God, not this again...

Okay, first, Chick-Fil-A doesn't support Family First. It's owner does. Those are two very different things. Boycotting it isn't going to change his mind, or bankrupt him, or anything towards the goal of marriage equality. He owns a major goddamn business, so you know he's probably good with money, so he either has a lot of money saved in various accounts, or a lot invested in various things (probably both). If Chick-Fil-A went out of business, he could survive on his money for awhile until he could find a new source of income.

What a mass boycott would do is result in a lot of people who have nothing to do with this losing their jobs. So I guess if you think it's okay to make a bunch of random people lose their jobs because you don't agree with something their bosses bosses bosses bosses boss said, go right ahead.

Second, opinions on gay marriage have nothing to do with chicken. Abso-fucking-lutely nothing. It doesn't change the seasoning or breading recipe. It doesn't change how it's cooked. It doesn't change how the company is structured. It doesn't change anything regarding the company, or it's service, or it's product at all. All it changes is where some of the money that a private citizen got from his private business goes.

I don't agree with some of the opinions of the Girl Scouts, but I bought 7 boxes of Thin Mints because they are damn good.

All that being said, I don't eat there because I don't like the food very much.

EDIT: apparently this thread is still around, so I'd just like to say that my opinions on this have changed in recent years. I used to be one of those dudes who pretends to be all about personal freedom letting people do whatever they want, but really they just don't want to acknowledge that they might have some shitty beliefs and should reconsider some of their values. By life happened and I've reconsidered a lot of my beliefs and values. I still support personal freedom and and all that, but have also come to realize that for some people, freedom to do and say what they want means freedom to make other people's lives worse, to take away their rights, etc. That's not me anymore.

I still don't like their chicken, but even if I did, I wouldn't eat there. There are plenty of unethical companies I have to give money to because there isn't really any more ethical alternatives, so I figure I'll be picky about the ones where I do have such a choice. 

Edited by Evilshy
My opinions on the matter have changed
  • Brohoof 22
  • Leaves 1

I have never eaten there, but due to the whole controversy I never will now. As someone who is bi who took forever to find the courage to come out of the closet, I refuse to support a company with such a strong, hateful, old-fashioned mind-set that could spend the money I gave them to spread such hate. Such a mind-set belongs back in the segregation era, not in 2013.

And if you really want waffle fires, Carl's Jr has them.

Edited by SailorCardKnight
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have never eaten there, but due to the whole controversy I never will now. As someone who is bi who took forever to find the courage to come out of the closet, I refuse to support a company with such a strong, hateful, old-fashioned mind-set that could spend the money I gave them to spread such hate. Such a mind-set belongs back in the segregation era, not in 2013.

Meh the carls jrs arent to populous out where i live in north texas im closer to a chick fil-a had the fries there too chick fil-a was a little better. The whole dilemma is because I am bi sexual by the way so that is my dillema.

I do not want to hurt people who work there and have jobs there. Aslo they have dones some good I mean i dunno so much confusion still.

Edited by ThePoliticalBrony

They're fighting a losing battle anyways. I don't care what a person who works at a company feels. I have gay and bi friends.. But we all agree that boycotting a company because you don't like what one if the CEOs has to say is juvenile. A lot of people manage Chik-fil-a. It's a big company and a lot of people rely on it as a source of revenue to their families. Yes I disagree with what he said. Dragging him by a chain in a public square so the peasants can hurl tomatoes at him makes you no better. Tolerance isn't "Picking the side you feel is most enlightened and aggressively demonizing those who you don't agree with". Fighting intolerance with intolerance isn't right.

There's a great South Park episode where Big Gay Al is kicked out of Scouts which sums it up perfectly. Saying "You filthy homophobe" is the other extreme.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 1

Actually I have gone out of my way to not eat there since long before the whole gay-rights controversy. I have never liked fast food, but Chick-Fil-A holds it own among McDonalds and Burger King on the list of places I will not eat. When the CEO started spitting out all that stupidity against gay marriage it only solidified the fact that I will never step foot inside that place until I die.

...  You guys realize that Chick Fil A doesn't directly own any of these restaurants, right?  Just a tiny percentage of sales goes to Corporate, 95% of the financial damage of a boycott goes to restaurant owners and managers who have nothing to do with this. 

Hell, some of them even *support* gay rights:

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/08/01/chick-fil-a-franchise-owner-gay-pride-festival/#

They're fighting a losing battle anyways. I don't care what a person who works at a company feels. I have gay and bi friends.. But we all agree that boycotting a company because you don't like what one if the CEOs has to say is juvenile. A lot of people manage Chik-fil-a. It's a big company and a lot of people rely on it as a source of revenue to their families. Yes I disagree with what he said. Dragging him by a chain in a public square so the peasants can hurl tomatoes at him makes you no better. Tolerance isn't "Picking the side you feel is most enlightened and aggressively demonizing those who you don't agree with". Fighting intolerance with intolerance isn't right.

There's a great South Park episode where Big Gay Al is kicked out of south which sums it up perfectly. Saying "You filthy homophobe" is the other extreme.

Thanks I have made up my mind now. that has to be the smartest quote I have ever heard from anyone in my life. Thank you yeah i will still eat there. Not as often however but I am not going to punish my neighbor for working there I mean he has a job too. But thanks for the quote.

...  You guys realize that Chick Fil A doesn't directly own any of these restaurants, right?  Just a tiny percentage of sales goes to Corporate, 95% of the financial damage of a boycott goes to restaurant owners and managers who have nothing to do with this. 

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/08/01/chick-fil-a-franchise-owner-gay-pride-festival/#

Holy dogshit someone else watchs the Blaze besides me? Danm I am surprised at that statement thanks for the insight on this *hugs*

chick-fil-a is tasty as hell. my favorite thing there is the strawberry milkshake *-*

and sorry, but that isn't going to change because gay rights activists don't like their opinion. chick-fil-a has the right to believe in whatever they want, and to donate their money to whatever they want. no offense, but even though i support gay marriage, i support freedom of speech even more so.

Edited by crazitaco

Thanks I have made up my mind now. that has to be the smartest quote I have ever heard from anyone in my life. Thank you yeah i will still eat there. Not as often however but I am not going to punish my neighbor for working there I mean he has a job too. But thanks for the quote.

Holy dogshit someone else watchs the Blaze besides me? Danm I am surprised at that statement thanks for the insight on this *hugs*

No, I just heard the story a while ago and did a google search to confirm it.  I had no idea what the Blaze was until five minutes ago.

Meh the carls jrs arent to populous out where i live in north texas im closer to a chick fil-a had the fries there too chick fil-a was a little better. The whole dilemma is because I am bi sexual by the way so that is my dillema.

I do not want to hurt people who work there and have jobs there. Aslo they have dones some good I mean i dunno so much confusion still.

Harde's maybe? They are technically Carl's Jr with a different name afteral. (Carl's Jr is fairly common out here in AZ).

I understand your delima though. A place you like to eat it doing things that you are so strongly against, and at the same you you would like to support those who are caught in the crossfire who only want a paycheck to support their own family.

I say its up to you really. But for me its an easy choice, as the only Chick-fil-a's around me are in the major cities far away and I'd much rather spend my money at fast food places that are closer to home.

...and a brohoof for you being bi as well buddy. /)

Huh, I didn't realize such a small percentage goes back to the main company. Learn something new everyday.

If McDonald's' CEO came to my house, kicked me in the balls, and screamed "YOU DISGUSTING FUCKING TRANSGENDER CREEP, YOU SHOULD GO DIE, THE WORLD DOESN'T NEED FUCKS LIKE YOU!!!!" at the top of his/her lungs, I'd still eat there. It doesn't matter to me what the views of the company are. If the food is good, I eat there. Simple as that.

• Brohoof 5

Huh, I didn't realize such a small percentage goes back to the main company. Learn something new everyday.

A company that allows franchising like Chic Fil A (Or McDonald's or Wendy's or whatever) makes the vast majority of its money in a franchisee's initial startup investment, or fees that are independent of sales receipts.  like training or equipment fees.  A very small portion of it comes from sales revenue- most of that goes towards running the store itself, paying employee salaries, etc. 

To me it doesn't make much sense to take 10 bucks away from people who need the money just so I could take a dollar out of the pocket of a multimillionaire. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to eat there all the fucking time, but I haven't as much lately. Their chicken is amazing. I also I love their fries and their barbecue sauce.

I thought the whole controversy stopped being news-relevant months ago.

I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian.

According to my ma, the actual chicken at Chik-Fil-A is disgusting and unnatural-like. This makes me consider it to be precisely like the sort of "abomination" the CEO opposes. (I had their fries once, I don't really remember much)

I actively boycott anything from the Kraft Foods company when I can help it. (and sometimes even General Mills) specifically because of their self-righteous social media campaigns that pander to people's beliefs totally unrelated to food, when that stuff shouldn't be invading our dang cookies. (I refer to a Facebook campaign with an image of a six-cream-layered LGBT-striped Oreo cookie around June 25, 2012) That and their food is mostly junk food. It's mostly out of principle, really. Plus it is junk food, there's also that emphasis.

So, the food sucks for all of these companies anyway.

@@Evilshy,

Thank you...

Worked at Chick-Fil-A for at least 6 months then had to move but during my time there I really enjoyed it and their food. Beforehand I worked at McDonalds for 2+years and I would never want to work at one again. Firstly one goes to a place to eat food who gives about opinions everyone has one I do and you do too. Plus Chick-Fil-A has some really really good chicken sandwiches. 

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

My honest opinion is just to love an tolerate them.  If you like their food, then i say eat there, if not, then don't. I don't hold them against their beliefs. I eat their because i like their food, and they are the few restaurants that still give a military discount. Some of them will actually pay out of their pockets for Service members meals. I still argue about them doing that, i don't know why, but i don't like it when someone else pays for my meal. But they refuse to stand down and pay my meal. I like getting the discount because of how much everything else costs though. So when i do eat out, i go to them

They did a lot more than espouse a position against legalizing same-sex marriage. They have donated lots of money to organizations that are not only doing that, but one of them, Exodus International, has even supported a bill in Uganda which would would make homosexuality an executable crime in certain cases (we're not talking rape here, we're still talking consensual).

These groups aren't satisfied with just keeping same-sex marriage illegal, they want to go even further. I know, that may not be too big of a surprise, but the point is that Chick-Fil-A is endorsing, with money they make, such things.

So screw Chick-Fil-A. To put it lightly. There is one on my campus, and even though that's the kind of food I like, I have never even once thought of eating there.

Even if it were only about legalizing same-sex marriage, and even if they weren't giving money away to organizations, I would still boycott them. They're not "pro-family", they're "pro discrimination with no real reasoning", and that discrimination happens to effect some of my friends and I.

• Brohoof 2

I don't eat at Chic Fil A and not because of the CEO's views as much as I may disagree with them but because I don't have one near me and I am not really a fan of fast food. If you research what they actually put in fast food it will make you want to vomit, seriously. Burger King has been sneaking horse meat into their burgers as filler, some companies have even treated their "meat" with ammonia Mc Donalds has used things like styrofoam, silicone and Celestia knows what else in their so called food. Yes I may eat a bit too much and have a sweet tooth but if I am going to pig out it is going to be on actual food.

I have never really eaten at a Chick Fill a. But, here's the way I see it, if the food's good you should eat there. Just because one CEO of a company or whatever says something like that doesn't reflect what the company stands for. There not trying to push their beliefs down your throat. Granted. it's not something he should of said and is completely horrible, it's not gonna stop me from going there and eating more of the food. Let's put it this way, what if one day we learned some person from Hasbro, (Maybe a CEO or something) didn't support gay marriage or something? Would that stop you from liking FIM and would you boycott it? Frankly, I don't see any differance between that and this.

The last time I ate at Chik-Fil-A was long, long before it came out that they were against gay rights. (At least, long before I found out about it, though I do think I knew about it before this whole thing blew up last year.) I refuse to eat there now, but at the same time, it's not like I live around them, and they don't really exist in my hometown either. All around, no real big loss. If I had the opportunity, though, I wouldn't, cuz I no longer wish to support them in light of their position.

Edited by Clover Heart