Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HUB

Welcome to the Luna fanclub!

img-1267761-1-princess_luna_by_celebi_yo

EDIT: I would like to thank ~Scootaloo for making this signature for the fanclub.

img-1267761-2-Cq4N28G.png

Luna is the co ruler of Equestria along with her sister Celestia, as the princess of the night she is responsible for raising the moon every night and also has jurisdiction over ponies dreams. After being banished to the moon for 1000 years for becoming Nightmare Moon and threatening to plunge Equestria into eternal night and being reformed thanks to the mane 6 and the elements of harmony Luna has had some trouble re adjusting to modern society as some ponies still fear and mistrust her.

A few rules

-No spamming post to become biggest fans

-This is a children’s show, and believe it or not there are younger people who go on these forums, please limit content to suggestive only. For example you may post a picture of two ponies kissing, but they cannot be doing anything inappropriate, or showing things inappropriate.

-Do not post a picture of Applejack in the Luna forum, because Applejack belongs in the Applejack forum unless of course Luna is also in the picture.

-Do not hate on another fan club

-All of MLP Forums rules still apply.

-Fan art is encouraged but all images with the exception of the cover image in this first post must have the proper spoiler tags. Large amounts of unspoilered images on a single page can often cause lag and nobody likes to deal with lag.

Here is some fanart to start things off

img-1267761-2-luna_by_cuteskitty-d4e0qom

img-1267761-3-princess_luna_by_malliya-d

img-1267761-4-2bc53030b2bcb339553c9c72c5

• Brohoof 66

count me in luna is  best princess and pony wub.png

so is human luna ok cause i love their tumblr 

and im ganna keep my good stuff for a later post

w8bZfqq.png

j5LJIJR.jpg

xzYjHc7.png

Edited by Azure Flames
  • Brohoof 10

(edited)

@@~Scootaloo, Yep and I am also thinking of starting one for Zecora as she is my favorite non pony character aside from Discord, I am a bit surprised that a Luna fanclub wasn't started sooner with how popular she is. Alot of people have named her as their favorite pony, for me she is tied with Applejack and Twilight Sparkle for my favorite pony. If you or anyone else would like to make signatures for this club you are welcome to do so.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3

Yea go Luna she is so cute and awesome i wish their were more episodes with her in the show but you cant always get what you want am i right or what. But any way go Luna! 

True you can't, I would like a Derpy episode myself but the odds of that happening are practically zero. Luckily for us Luna fans the odds of Luna getting more attention are actually pretty good as much as I have criticized alicorn Twilight one good thing that may likely come out of it is more character development for both Luna and Celestia.

Time for some more fanart

princess_luna_by_thedracojayproduct-d579

princess_luna_by_buddy2soul-d55vqs6.png

princess_luna__protector_of_ponyland__by

• Brohoof 5

Luna is best princess! Hooray for Luna! I too wish for more Luna episodes, but we will wait and see what season 4 brings. For the time being, have some pictures!

My-names-Luna-princess-luna-26395923-600

Filly-Luna-my-little-pony-friendship-is-

4201.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_5F00_by_5F00_kurok

• Brohoof 5

I am joining this. Luna is best pony :)

E9FA6788-8019-4594-9408-4F3B7E995567-269

This is a drawing of her from a while back. I really like it ;)

I wish we knew more about her. That would be nice.

• Brohoof 12

I feel a poem coming on!

"The Night"

The middle of the night

Nopony is in sight

And you're the only one here

The pitch black night

There is no fright

When you are near

You will find that

The day is so overrated

When  you've experienced 

Luna's moonlit night

The dark clouds rolling

The sounds of crickets chirping

The frogs croaking

In the Night

You'll never have nightmares,

When the dark Princess appears

She'll conquer whatever fear 

Anywhere

Once you're dreaming

Alone

In the night

• Brohoof 6

HUZZAH! a luna fanclub is amazing 

i'm very happy that this is here now. it made me sad when the last threat of luna fanclub died out. 

as for me joining this fan club, i RP a lot as luna in my private RP's and i also have my ask luna threat. (currently the biggest one SQUEE! http://mlpforums.com/topic/4927-ask-luna/page-180#entry1267412)

also, for ones that like a sad/dark tone to her banishment http://mlpforums.com/topic/34228-crazy-luna/

i hope that we can have a lot of luna fun here! biggrin.png

also, i have about 1000+ good lunapics, send me your mail if you want an invite to my luna dropbox.  

Edited by Lunatic
  • Brohoof 2

Best princess thread?

Kv4ulNs.png

It's more than a year ago since the first unofficial Luna fanclub was made, time flies really fast in this side of the internet.

So... What do we discuss here anyway? :wacko:

• Brohoof 7

So... What do we discuss here anyway? wacko.png

Pretty much anything to do with Luna maybe why you like her how you started to like her or maybe your favorite scene involving Luna and maybe post some fanart, fanfics ect... I like Luna because she is many ways not your typical princess, she is a character struggling to find acceptance among her subjects many of whom hate and fear her for her past as Nightmare Moon which has been made worse in large part thanks to myths about her many of which are based on half truths and misconceptions.

And I find redemption stories and redeemed characters to be very interesting and relate able, who here hasn't screwed up at least once or twice? My favorite Luna moment was at the end of the Nightmare Moon two parter when she was redeemed, I found it very touching and moving how despite all she has done Celestia forgave her and welcomed her back as a sister and co ruler.

mlp_fim___princess_luna_magic_by_joakaha

princess_luna_1_by_mrawgirl09-d3dfcpu.jp

princess_luna_by_atryl-d58llav.png

• Brohoof 7

I love Luna too. One of the reasons I love her is because she's associated with outer space. Plus as it has been stated before not everyone likes her. Plus as Sweetie Belle once said: "I really love her mane!"

• Brohoof 1

I have a poem, that sort of applies to Luna.

"Luna"

An eerie glow
Through the drifting fog,
Above the meadow and the bog.
The enchanting guardian of the night 
Which brings to many quite a fright.
A howling fills the chilly air
from beasts and creatures everywhere,
Praising the glory of the goddess Luna;
The entrancing stare of the moon.

• Brohoof 8

Yaaaaaaay!!! Wooooooonaaaaa!!!!

She is my favorite pony, next to Fluttershy, of course. I do want to see her more often in season 4. Maybe she'll have a more active role in the events of the story. :D

• Brohoof 4

DID SOMEPONY SAY LUNA FAN CLUB?!

Ahem, excuse me. I tend to get a little overzealous when best princess (best pony, really) is involved.

Because of Luna, Diana is my favorite champion in League of Legends.

Because of Luna, I'm getting together the materials to make Bloodmoon, Reborn in World of Warcraft (the axe is literally made of crescent moon shapes)

People say loving Luna is overrated, and Celestia doesn't get enough attention. I say, "DUN CARE, LUNA BEST!"

I'd link you guys my 20+ Luna wallpapers, but I'm currently too lazy to upload them to imgur. Later then!....Maybe! Probably...?

EDIT: I forgot I can just attach non-gifs straight from my computer's hard disk. Silly me! Let the deluge begin!

post-11300-0-27089600-1363320274_thumb.png

post-11300-0-22231100-1363320295_thumb.jpg

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

People say loving Luna is overrated, and Celestia doesn't get enough attention. I say, "DUN CARE, LUNA BEST!"

I haven't heard many people say that Luna is overrated, a few Celestia fans have said that though. There was actually a poll on this forum a while back on best princess and Luna won by a fairly impressive margin I think it was around 20 or 30 votes if I remember correctly. I think much of the reason for Luna's popularity is because we got to see something we haven't really seen much of for Celestia and that is Luna as a pony. We got to see plenty of Celestia in her roles as ruler and mentor to Twlight but not so much about just her if you know what I mean. One trend I haven't really liked in episodes where they both appear is that Celestia does most of the talking, it is a trend I hope is reversed in season 4 because it is likely we will see more of both Celestia and Luna in season 4.

EDIT: it is very interesting that right after I first responded to you I found a topic asking why Luna is so popular.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/31826-why-the-hype-with-princess-luna/page-3

I suppose if anyone who hasn't already wants to respond to this feel free as I already gave my two cents.

Time for some more fanart

img-1278111-1-luna_by_semehammer-d4omgy2

img-1278111-2-princess_luna__s_aurora_by

img-1278111-3-princess_luna_by_rebecka_c

And I thought I would share one of my favorite fanfics too, it is called Understudy. Celestia goes on vacation and leaves Luna in charge, I don't Luna would screw up as bad as she did in this fic but is still an entertaining read.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/58075/understudy

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

Love Luna! I've always like her the most when everyone is ranking the Princess tier but Twilicorn situation may or may not change that. But depends on the total result of S4 to be the judge of that; however, I do really love Luna for the fannon's depection of her being flawed. Her character has faced being overtaken by jeliousy and wanted to consume the world in eternal night. While a very harsh act and the ramifications from that would be catastrophic, which it was understandable though from a symaphetic view. 

But still Luna is great and all hail the Princess of The Night!