Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Luna fan club? Count me in! No one can beat the bestest and the poniest of them all! I heard a while back, deep within the Great Pony Drought of 2013, that some fan favorites were getting songs this season. It specifically mentioned Discord and best princess. Everyone is hyped about Discord's song, as am I, but no one seems to remember that Luna's supposed to get one too. That's the song I can't wait for!

• Brohoof 3

Consider yourself signed up! Who started this anyways? Who ever started this thread deserves a cookie.

That would be me, any Luna fanart or other fanworks you have either found or created are welcome here as well as maybe a few words as to why you like Luna or maybe some Luna moments that stand out. There are some other fanclubs as well which are also worth checking out too, I also created a Zecora fanclub. 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/4722-pony-fan-clubs/

It has been a while since I have posted anything here and I think it is time to change that.

luna_by_up1ter-d4p21ve.pngluna_watercolour_by_luna_gamer_pony-d63z

luna_by_shilokh-d4yjdxl.png

• Brohoof 2

That would be me, any Luna fanart or other fanworks you have either found or created are welcome here as well as maybe a few words as to why you like Luna or maybe some Luna moments that stand out. There are some other fanclubs as well which are also worth checking out too, I also created a Zecora fanclub. 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/4722-pony-fan-clubs/

It has been a while since I have posted anything here and I think it is time to change that.

img-2124063-1-luna_by_up1ter-d4p21ve.pngimg-2124063-2-luna_watercolour_by_luna_g

img-2124063-3-luna_by_shilokh-d4yjdxl.pn

SO COOL!! Luna approves :comeatus:

Anyways I think it's about time Luna gets an episode. Not sure when it will happen but it better :okiedokielokie: I just want to see more of best princess this season.

• Brohoof 3

SO COOL!! Luna approves :comeatus:

Anyways I think it's about time Luna gets an episode. Not sure when it will happen but it better :okiedokielokie: I just want to see more of best princess this season.

She needs a good episode or two she doesn't get the attention she deserves :3

She needs a good episode or two she doesn't get the attention she deserves :3

Of course. Thankfully the fandom gives her all the respect and attention she deserves :lol: But the show needs to put more effort in that :( She's too ignored

• Brohoof 2

My question is this: Where the hay are all the teen age to young adult ponies? Everyone knows the steryotype for human teens is to stay up late and love the night time. If ponies are anything like us (and the seem to share a few commonalities in personalities and otherwise) then there would be teen age ponies that would love Luna and night time, and would probably be vocal about it. Don't you think that teen age stallions and mares could've made Luna feel better? Maybe even helped avert the whole Nightmare incident...

Maybe even helped avert the whole Nightmare incident...

Maybe, but all this did go down 1000 years ago and things were likely different back then. If the ponies were anything like humans back then then teenagers were probably expected to work and raise families as people simply didn't live as long back then so teens are forced to grow up much faster. Teens and young adults could have a more active nightlife now though than back then thanks to increases in technology and lifespan, one of the most popular background ponies Vinyl Scratch seems to hint slightly at this. At the end of Luna Eclipsed it is clear that many of the children started to like Luna, the older generations are probably less accepting due to growing up with all the myth and stories about Nightmare Moon but as those children grow up and have fillies and colts of their own they could pass on this like of Luna down to their children.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe, but all this did go down 1000 years ago and things were likely different back then.

That is true. Hmm. Didn't think of that. The time difference does pose a problem doesn't it. Well, I think the more modern ponies probably appreciate her more then they did 1000 years ago, like you said. I hope she stays Luna and doesn't have anymore Nightmare problems.

My question is this: Where the hay are all the teen age to young adult ponies? Everyone knows the steryotype for human teens is to stay up late and love the night time. If ponies are anything like us (and the seem to share a few commonalities in personalities and otherwise) then there would be teen age ponies that would love Luna and night time, and would probably be vocal about it. Don't you think that teen age stallions and mares could've made Luna feel better? Maybe even helped avert the whole Nightmare incident...

Given that the Mane 6 are of the age range from around 14 to 21, I would say that they are a fair representation of Equestria's teenagers. So then, how does teenage rebellion manifest in them?

...it doesn't.

They occupy a peculiar generation where they are often seen as children by adults and enjoy childish activities, but at the same time are very responsible, mostly live away from their families, and hold stable occupations. In Equestria, it would appear, the concept of teenage rebellion is either nonexistent or extremely reduced and uncommon.

If this seems like a radical conclusion, I'll support it with some kinda sorta scientific evidence. Humans, as relatives of predators, tend to have aggressive tendencies. This aggressiveness, as well as the stubbornness of the desire to be the Alpha of the predator group, may be somewhat responsible for the inherent aggressive tendencies of human nature.

In contrast, the ponies of Equestria are effectively the same, with one key difference: instead of being superintelligent predators, they are superintelligent prey. They have much more of a herd mentality than humans, as seen in 1) the powerful dislike of outsiders in Ponyville which led to problems with Zecora and Luna, but was easy to rectify due to ease at which the crowd's mood changes after a catalyst mood-changer such as Pinkie Pie tries to spread an emotion (fear, joy, etc), 2) the hair-trigger nature of paranoia of the ponies of Ponyville, such that they tend to overreact and panic in situations that do not always call for it (I'll admit that this one is debatable), 3) the extreme ease with which crowds are manipulated in Equestria, for good and for evil (primarily referencing the Flim Flam Brothers), and 4) the overarching sense of family and community that binds the ponies together in friendship, noticeably much more than that of humans.

The point of this is that one of the greatest differences between the predator and prey mentalities are that the former struggles with aggression and the latter with fear. Given that teenage rebellion, and teenager-dom as a whole, are defined primarily by their aggressive tendency to rebel against authority--which would naturally be less in a herd of prey-species than a pack of predator-species--the age of being a teenager might not exist in Equestria. "Teen" ponies might simply have a smooth transition from childhood to adulthood without experiencing the thrill, anger, and rebellious passion of being a teenager. This then explains the lack of appreciation for the night that led to Luna's mental and emotional corruption.

As a disclaimer, I will state that the theory I posited above is probably much more extreme than the fictional truth of the MLP universe.

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

... I COULDN'T RESIST, don't hate me, I still love Luna, but this was to funny to pass up.

Blasfemar  you should not be allowed to enjoy the Night as it is a gift from Luna!  just kidding.

Woohoo! Luna fan club!

Luna is no doubt the best pony, I hope to see her much more in season four!

http://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/6/8/343429.jpg

Luna's quite the amazing pony :)

Another picture of the best pony around...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/131/977/22100+-+artist+nyerpy+haters_gonna_hate+luna+moon+princess_luna.png?1307591349

Luna's the best for a number of reasons.

*One of the best color blends. The way they made her is simply beautiful. Her colors fit perfectly.

*Shes funny

*Great personality.

*Always makes the best appearances

There's just a few!

Hope I could post that much :s xD

• Brohoof 2

Have you read the MLP comics? Her appearance in those are awesome! She is wearing this shirt when she first appears that says blame my sister. I nearly lost it.

EscalatedQuicklyRarity.PNG

Perchance were you referring to this meme? :P

Haven't seen it, but I love it

• Brohoof 2