Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite family member?

~Chaotic Fireball~

Family Members  

28 users have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite family member?

• Mom
    • Dad
    • Sister
    • Brother
    • Uncle
    • Aunt
    • Grandma
    • Grandpa
    • Cousin
    • Nephew
    • Niece

My favorite family member is my dad. He is a very friendly and funny, a caring person; a doctor; and hates to see people unwell. He also cares a lot for me, and even if he scolds me for doing something bad, he'll cheer me up afterwards and give me a snack to make me feel better. I never hold grudges against him, because I just can't. He's not that kind of person. 

Who's your favorite family member and why?

• Brohoof 1

My favorite member is my mom. Even though, I would say sister even though I don't have any siblings. But, I thought I would be raised properly by two people and I guess my mom took that job easily. I never really had a good relationship with my dad.

• Brohoof 1

I go to the same school as my cousin, and we're pretty good friends. She's very nice, even though she has a few things she needs to sort out.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say my younger cousin actually, As the years pass I love hanging out with him in Philly and wherever else. I love my parents, more then you can ever imagine. But, it almost feels like I have nothing in common with any of them other then me loving them and them loving me. Me and my dad don't really see, eye to eye on a lot of things.

• Brohoof 1

My brother definitely. Despite what his past history of misgivings he's always been nice to me, and it amazing with computers. He taught me almost everything I know. (Except for the things Google and Feld0 taught me!) We have a lot of similarities as would be expected from siblings and get along really well. He's about twice my age though, so it's a pretty huge time gap. x)

• Brohoof 1

My mother is my favorite family member. She spent hours in labor for me, and watched over me very closely after our departure from my father and made sure that I would become a success. She is doing a great job <3

• Brohoof 2

Probably my uncle. He's funny, and can also be super serious. I like that. He's also a runner, and he's given me some great tips and advice that's really helped and benefited me.

• Brohoof 1

It was my Grandpa. He was the only male figure i had growing up, even if he was old. He was also a Military man and he did things in his life that was respectable. Now that he's gone i would have to say my Me-ma(grandma)

• Brohoof 1

My brother I guess, even though I'm not terribly close to the majority of my family, I think if I had to pick the one I trust and can rely on the most its my brother, despite all the times I don't want to see him he'll still stand by me, heck he'll stand up for me even, hes alot more awesome then I really give him credit for, plus he tells me about all kinds of stuff before he tells basically the rest of my family, and my parents being divorced I don't trust them as much, so we've got a bit closer I think in some ways due to that.

Hes the family member I trust the most for sure, and we have our fun times, even if we fight alot. I still care for and love him, even if I don't tell him enough really.

Little brothers can be pretty awesome at times. :).

• Brohoof 1

A favorite family member!?! How could I choose a favorite!? I hold them all so dear, I just couldn't choose a favorite. They're all the best, therefore they're all my favorite <3

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of family members that I love dearly so I don't think I can choose but one of the ones that helped make me who I am today who has always been there for me is my Dad. He has suffered and has had more sickness than anyone I have ever known but even then he was still there for me, my brother and my Mom he still thought of us and tried to do what he could even if it wasn't always that much. He provided for me, he fought for me, he taught me right from wrong, he put up with me, he gave me everything he could as a father.

Today is the one year anniversary since he passed away from kidney failure and there is not one day where I don't think about him, I think about how he used to make everyone laugh and smile even when it wasn't easy for him to smile. How even the simplest of things like a good meal or spending some time with his family made him happy. How he loved the restaurant business and that he was able to do his true calling. I love you and I miss you Dad and I promise that I will not make all that you have done for me go to waste I will get my train wreck of a life in order and do what I really want to do in life.

I love all of my family members except 2...but I would mostly say my Grandma (Dads mom) because she is Sooooo sweet, kind, and one of them Grandmas where you love how cozy her house is and you respect her. And I am more close to her than my other strict Grandmother. Otherwise, I love all my family the same way.

Hard to say. It's a toss up between my mother and my eldest brother. I am a momma's boy, though I tend to forget it when I'm gone from home for a long time (I went home for Exodus-Christmas Break-and when I left again, I missed her terribly and called her all the time). My bro is my hero, though; growing up, I always wanted to be like him. My taste in music was strongly influenced by him, my like of anime is rooted back to his like of anime, and many other things I like because of him too. Kinda liked Regular Show, but then I found out that he watched it (with his kids, but he likes it a lot too) and after that I was like "OMG Regular Show!" My tastes have diverged and I have become my own person, and I no longer believe he is infallible, but I still love him to death. And my mommy too.

My favorite family member is my sister. She isn't technically related to me(not half-sis, we aren't related at all), but shes the best family member i have. She makes me take a step back when i'm angry or depressed she talks it through with me. She made me realize that I was Irish and we plan to meet up in Dublin when I can finally leave this effing household.

Yeah.

A general tie between three of my cousins and my dad. To start, two of my cousins are like the older brothers I never had (moved from homecountry to get education here in Canada). One was outgoing but too silly at the time, and the other can be a bit secluded, but both were really caring even still to this day and they've taught me a lot about things that my parents didn't know before. Meanwhile, the third cousin (who is an actual Canadian Citizen) was like the sister I never had, combining reason, teasing and logic in a calmer manner to combat my situational ridiculousness.

And then there's my dad. Stubborn as fuck, unfocused at times and one sentence away from irritance, but has the work ethic of a madman with a kickass past (in my opinion) and lots of experience. Combine all of that with a battle against diabetes and you've got my role model all in place. In any case, I would hate to see what would happen if anything happened to them, let alone my whole family.

My Grandfather was essentially my father as my biological father was absent during my life, and he took me as his own and gave me the values I hold to myself to this very day. Love you pops!

It used to by my mother, then it was my father, but now it's my sister.  My big sister.  My BSBFF.

It's odd how, as you grow up, you begin to feel disconnected from your parents and start needing a closer friend who's at a similar stage in life than you are.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I can’t really choose one over another. There are some I’d like to throttle and others that make me happy just being around them, but they’re all family and as such I can’t say there’s more love for this one or that. I don’t think love works that way. There may be some I prefer the company of, but that’s another matter, and in that case I’d say my mom is pretty awesome; she’s always been easy to talk to, she always goes to any lengths to make me happy and she’s probably the nicest person I’ve ever met. She’s a true saint.

• Hugs 1

• 3 weeks later...