Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Like Folk Punk?

Middnight Snack

Maybe an underrated or unheard genre, but I really love it. It's basically punk/alternative but using traditional instruments (I.E. banjo, acoustic, violin,) and usually centers around depression or anger. If you do happen to like it a/o interested in it I'd love to give and get some references for music.

Here's one of my favorite albums from my favorite band!

• Brohoof 1

I...strangely like this. o_o Coming from a punk background, I decided to give this thread a try to see if I could expand my horizons, and...huh. I can approve of the melodic rhythm.

• Brohoof 1

I really liked Warning: by Green Day (favorite band). It's usually credited as one of their lesser albums, and was the lowest performing in sales figures out of all their studio albums released on the major record label Reprise. Some critics called it different and more mature, others said it was nothing special. Just a lesser known album in general.

Warning: has a lot of folk punk influence in it; it was pretty experimental for Green Day at the time. Check it out, you might dig some of the melodies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=da0JwKT3GyM

Ghost Mice > Andrew Jackson Jihad.

Folk Punk is one of those genres I liked a lot when I first heard it, but I sort of lost interest in it. I had the chance to see AJJ live, before, but I unfortunately couldn't go. sad.png

I love Ghost Mice, but AJJ is one of the rare bands that make me cry. It was also my first folk band that I really like. Frank Turner is ok but I see that a lot of his songs feel the same.

I really like Cranford Nix, he unfortunately died of heroin overdose a few years ago, but his songs are really good. He's like an OG folk punk since he started making music around '93, I think.