Zero000

Brony Subgroup  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Hipster
    • Unhappy
    • Moderate
    • Creative

I'm just a weirdo that watches ponies, I can't connect myself to any of the options, but the only reason I watch the show is because I watch various tv shows, MLP stands out because it's more ironic and actually not that childish, I know I'm just pointing out the obvious and I'm slow, but MLp it's not because I wan't to be part of something because I feel the need to be part of a group, that's actually one of the things I hate in people, they can't be themselves so they follow others, I like to be one of a kind and stand out from the rest, even if it makes people hate me, what's the point of happiness in life if you can't be yourself?

but at the end I'd have to go with creative...

Edited by Pinkie Pie (Pinkazoid!)

I doubt many ponies are gonna openly say hipster, but I'll be honest. I'd say a TINY bit from Hipster, in that I saw the community gaining speed, but that simply sparked my Moderate side to build up curiosity, and after that curiosity was piqued, the Unhappy in me kept bringing me back. The "nostalgic Utopian" feeling brought out my Creative side and now MLP to me is a artistic outlet that lets me forget about every day life, and damn is it ever awesome! :lol:

Moderate. I began to watch it because my best friend did it, but at first I denied, but I didn't hate it, I was very curious and then "poof", I watched all the episodes and everything, and got hooked on this :P

Moderate. I was really surprised to hear that a series known to be disliked by many because the previous generations had a bad rep, so I had to see what the fuss was about. Immediately after a few episodes though, I realized why people liked this so much -- superb animation, amazing voice acting, and its witty humor, all of which spell success if we're talking about a cartoon meant to be watched by just about everyone.

Squarely moderate.

What about those who like it for the themes and ideas it presents, though? I'm a guy and not particularly a feminist, but I've read some feminist blogs and articles online that offer an interesting reading of the series. They love that it's very much a girl positive show that shatters the "Smurfette Principle" and passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors.

Food for thought, what are opinions on this system laid out for subgroups? Do you guys agree with it, or have some differing ideas on what an ideal classification would look like? If the latter, how would you organize it?

For me, I think this is semi-correct, but vague in areas where it should shine. For example -- "Moderate" and "Unhappy" could be split and/or expanded into "Childlike" (you like the show because you like the playfulness of it or it gives you nostalgia of when you were a kid), "Obsessive" (when you get to like something, you seem to really cling to it), "Moody" (MLP affects your mood in a way the pleasures you -- more expandable than "unhappy"). I also think that it should be a mixing bowl of 2 things that fit you, since I doubt everyone here fits square even into expanded categories. For example, you could be "Hipster-Moody" or "Creative-Childlike" flavor.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to say creative, but I need more motivation to get projects off the ground/finalized. Though I guess I am moderate cause I like the show, and unhappy because it does make me feel a lot better. And I definitely am a hipster about it sometimes. I think I need to take a personality quiz that tells me which one I am instead of having to decide myself.

• Brohoof 1

I'm unhappy mainly here. I had a really rough life though it is a lot better now thanks to my new friends and MLP! If only more people out there could respect and care for each other more. I really wish I could live in Equestria. xD Such a wonderful world to live in that would be. Anyway, aside from that I'm part moderate and a little bit creative, hopefully ill be a bit more creative soon!

• Brohoof 1

Food for thought, what are opinions on this system laid out for subgroups? Do you guys agree with it, or have some differing ideas on what an ideal classification would look like? If the latter, how would you organize it?

For me, I think this is semi-correct, but vague in areas where it should shine. For example -- "Moderate" and "Unhappy" could be split and/or expanded into "Childlike" (you like the show because you like the playfulness of it or it gives you nostalgia of when you were a kid), "Obsessive" (when you get to like something, you seem to really cling to it), "Moody" (MLP affects your mood in a way the pleasures you -- more expandable than "unhappy"). I also think that it should be a mixing bowl of 2 things that fit you, since I doubt everyone here fits square even into expanded categories. For example, you could be "Hipster-Moody" or "Creative-Childlike" flavor.

That's actually true. I feel myself more as a moderate, but I also like the show because it contains elements of friendship and whatnot that I wish I have or could have had with my friendships. Just not being judged and understanding true friendship.

If I were to use your method, I'd go for Moderate-Moody. I'm not exactly a hipster where I post around the pony memes, but I just laugh at em. I'm not the creative type either because I'm not much of a writer and I can't exactly paint or do some art. I'd stick with the Moderate-Moody because I just love the show and it makes me wish I had that kind of friendship before.

I have a few traits with the unhappy, but I feel others fit it more than I do, I guess I also fit the creative one as well, because I make pony "art" on my deviantart. I don't really know...I tend to dislike the hipster type of brony, mixed with ignorance and arrogantness, I'm glad that we only have a few of them here....

• Brohoof 1