Zero000

Brony Subgroup  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Hipster
    • Unhappy
    • Moderate
    • Creative

Moderate to the max! That was definitely an easy one. I saw it popping up everywhere. Mostly on kotaku, so I decided to check it out. Funny enough, this just recently happened with Doctor Who, which I began watching because I saw it everywhere as well.

• Brohoof 1

I fit in with the moderate subgroup more so than the other three. The whole reason I got into the show was because I noticed it popping up everywhere and curiosity got the best of me. This show helped me net a good amazing circle of friends ^_^

• Brohoof 1

A mixture of creative, unhappy, and moderate, if that makes any sense.
I'd like to say that I'm none of the above, since I really don't fit into any of those categories.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I'm definately moderate, with a little spice of "Creative".

The creative part comes in, where I found out about the show through memes and such. There's really nothing else to explain. :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm  moderate

I saw the show at the home of a friend for the first time and then I started watching it from the beginning to the end of season 1. Since I'm from Germany I've watched the first season in German but I couldn't wait for the second season in German so I've decided to watch the rest in English.

• Brohoof 1

With my recent screenwriting work, I'd say I most identify as a creative. At the time I joined the fandom, though, I was much more of a moderate. You can blame fanfic for getting me creatively motivated.

• Brohoof 1

I'm closest to 'moderate' with a bit of 'unhappy' mixed in. My life isn't great but watching MLP has made me have a more positive look on things and I've become more happy with myself. I became a Brony when one of my anti-brony friends was looking up pictures of Rainbow Dash on the internet shouting "Hey guys, I love ponies because I'm so messed up!". My curiosity got the better of me and I looked up the first episode. You can imagine what happened next. I am often perceived as nerdy and an outcast so I watch MLP to forget about all of that and to be part of a community that will accept me and treat me as a friend. I think I'm also starting to get a bit of 'creative' too as I'm writing my first fanfic.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely creative. If it weren't for MLP and Bronies, I most likely wouldn't have been introduced to House music and in turn wouldn't be making. If anything, I owe my whole future career to MLP. mlp-swsing.png

• Brohoof 1

A cross between unhappy and moderate. Others were taking advantage of my learning disabilities to give me a hard time during my school years, but I voted for moderate since that is the main thing that must've got me into MLP.

• Brohoof 2

I kind of fit in with the descriptions in 'moderate' and 'unhappy'. 

I can't say that I have lots of problems like the ones stated in the latter, though. The show just makes me happy for some reason.  :lol:

This is probably where the elements from the descriptions in 'moderate' come in. There are so many humorous scenes, and the show pulls off so many of these effortlessly. The humour isn't 'forced' or over-implemented, in my opinion.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I would count myself as a moderate. I started watching the show because a friend of mine told me how great it was. Before I watched FiM, I had no real opinion on it. It was neither love nor disdain. I was rather neutral toward it. But then, after her continued insistence which lasted for several weeks if not months, I decided to pick it up. I got into the show thinking of its characters less as candy-colored cute little ponies, but as personas. And what I found absolutely amazed me. Episode 1: AMAZING. Episode 2: AMAZING. Episode 3: AMAZING. And it went on and on and on like that all the way to Canterlot Wedding: HOLYSHITTHISISAMAZINGWHYDIDNTIWATCHTHISBEFORE!!!!!!!!

For a children's show, the characters and the personas they symbolize are incredibly deep and far more complex than what is let on. At least that's how I feel. Every episode is just so rich with content, and what really sold me more than anything was that every episode presented a new moral lesson, a new face of friendship. Each character is so relatable in the way they present themselves and deal with their surroundings, and even after running through the show 3 times, I still feel that I could run through it again and not get tired.

• Brohoof 1

I am as a captain is without a ship... I have the creative drive and talent, but lack the tools and resources necessary to apply myself to what I wish I could.

Though I still consider my self a creative.

Edited by Blackjack
  • Brohoof 1

The hipster side of me loves getting to be classified as the minority in all of these polls by dint of my PMV-creating. :lol:

Not only do I proudly identify as a member of the "creative" side of the fandom, but I also seem to have spurred up interest in video-making on these very forums. It's always awesome when somebody PMs me and goes "Hey, I want to try making videos too, mind giving me some pointers?". 

• Brohoof 2

Definitely the Creative subforum group. If i didn't see the fan music, art, etc I wouldn't likely be here. Taht really seems like the best asset we have and what i tap into every week.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a moderate. I found the show out of curiosity and never thought I would like something like this prior to discovering it. I'm in the fandom because I think the show is entertaining and fun and it makes me smile when I'm feeling down.

I was also attracted highly by the fan art and music, but I don't do any myself.

• Brohoof 1

Im probably creatie and unhappy. I think I would be more of a moderate if I was a little bit less interested and didnt love mlp so much, but thats just how I felt reading the definition.

• Brohoof 1