Zero000

Brony Subgroup  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Hipster
    • Unhappy
    • Moderate
    • Creative

I'm going to say Moderate, though there is a good chunk of Creative in there. I didn't want to select Creative though, as my creative output is channeled quite differently from normal creative people. Lack of skill, perhaps. I do more with historical and cultural world-building than fiction writing, and while I do 'draw' I fully admit that I'm not an artist. And my attempts at music are not something to subject to mortal ears. (I technically sing, but my singing voice is an untrained deep bass, and not well suited for most styles of music. And I may be able to twiddle on flutes and woodwinds a bit, but I'm *really* unskilled there.)

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, its hard to say for sure, I could show traits really from any of them, well except maybe hipster, I can't say hipster fits me that well.

I'm gonna say i'm a hyrbrid of unhappy and moderate, because MLP helps me feel less depressed and stuff, and i'm less lonely in the community and seeing the ponies has done alot for my hopes in friendships and stuff, of course I also started watching outta curiousity and stuff, and got hooked.

So a bit of a combination, maybe leaning towards unhappy.

• Brohoof 1

Creative and happy, by far. I am creative in the fact that I make sigs, music, and other stuff. I am unhappy in fact that I am really depressed, I have extreme self esteem and self hatred issues and I am very self critical, so even the stuff I do make, I usually never think it is 'good'. I wish I wasn't like that, but that is how it goes I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Unhappy. I know I am a geek etc (and proud of it!!), but the main reason catergorize myself as Unhappy is because FiM always cheers me up, regardless of other factors.

And the community has the highest concentration of people who I actually like in the world.

• Brohoof 2

I'm both creative and unhappy, I watched the show and I just really liked it and noticed that I just felt happy afterwards and one thing led to another and I started drawing and became creative. So yeah, I love being a part of the creative subgroup.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

To give you a little understanding of my psyche, here is a journal entry from my DA account.

--------------------------------------------------------

My Little Pony is my Crack
Understand this, I am NOT a brony. That is impossible for me. I can see how the you might not believe me after you go through the evidence, but I can assure you that I am not one of the herd very simply.

I am utterly ashamed of myself for being a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Just because I love it, doesn't mean I am happy that I love it. To be a brony, you have tae like MLP and be proud of it. Since I'm not proud, I cannot be a brony. Simple. I'm just a freaky loner who loves MLP.

I thought I could keep it 100% secret, but I keep sabotaging myself by giving things away to friends and family. If directly questioned "do you like MLP?" I'd be screwed as it's against my nature to lie about what I like.

That it's an animated show doesn't bother me in the slightest, but because it's a programme created FOR little girls does. But I've fallen into it all the same. Reading the darker fan fictions (like The Experiments of Twilight Sparkle and of course Cupcakes) was something that I thought would redeem me (relatively speaking), but that was ruined by me loving (as in, utterly falling in love with) My Little Dashie (yes, I cried, go F**k yourself) and the Cupcakes spin off A Precious Rainbow.

To make things worse, I made a pony. You can see him on my profile, and he's my avatar. After I made him, I created two more. All three have back stories. The ideas for my own fan fiction keep burning through my head and I am struggling NOT to write the damn thing.

It's like crack cocaine. You start of with just a sample, and you're addict before you even know it.

Beware my fall. Avoid the ponies!

--------------------------------------------------------

Needless tae say, my attitudes changed.

I believe it would be fair to class me as a Moderate first, Unhappy second and Creative third.

• Brohoof 1

I think i fall on the creative branch. Developing stories, designing OC's and commissioning artist for 10 drawings each month. I also think that there is also the Roleplayer branch missing of witch i would be part too.

• Brohoof 1

95% unhappy 5% creative. I still have a lot of issues but I'm a lot better than what I was, for the most part.  MLP has helped me realize some things(even if someone was telling me it the whole time anyways haha) :P 

• Brohoof 1

Definitely unhappy, I have a lot of issues, but ponies always make it all better, and MLP makes me genuinely happy. I wish I was creative, but I'm completely talentless.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere in between Unhappy and Moderate for me. MLP helps somewhat with depression, though it will never cure it (and it'd be unfair to expect it to), and I mostly got into it out of my own curiosity. I also like to draw ponies sometimes but I wouldn't class myself under Creative as I'm not an artist.

Though truth be told, I dunno if I want to continue calling myself a brony, I've become disillusioned with the fandom as of late.

• Brohoof 1

I was hipster at first, then I turned into an unhappy, and now I'm unhappy-hipster and about to get to creative. :P

Also, pretty sure PMV is Pony Music Video, not Pony Made Video.

• Brohoof 1

I voted Moderate, but throughout my time as a brony I've been or become a mixture of three subgroups to varying extents: (1) Moderate, (2) Creative, and (3) Unhappy.

Of the three, the Unhappy subgroup is the least I can relate to.  However, there is no denying (at least in my opinion) that I was partially led to MLP out of loneliness.  This is not because I have trouble making friends, but rather, because I was interning in Washington, D.C. at the time with only two other people from my school.  I missed my friends at Hillsdale and MLP introduced me to an incredibly friendly community that helped fill that void.  At other points, such as this summer when I've been very isolated in Northern Michigan, or when I was super busy and stressed at the end of my senior year this spring, the brony community has helped me deal with my loneliness or stress.  Still, overall, I don't really fit into the Unhappy category that much because I've never considered this as the first time I made true friends, even though the show and community have certainly helped me deal with stress and loneliness.

The Moderate subgroup is the one that I belong to the most and have belonged to the longest out of the three categories.  I take my entertainment very seriously, and was instantly drawn to MLP when I discovered how high quality it is in every department, plus it's sheer joy certainly makes me feel nostalgic and like a kid again.  I also most certainly come from a pretty normal background with a strong family and good friends, despite some bumps along the way.  Overall, I'd definitely say I most relate to this subgroup.

Finally, since January of 2013 I've belonged to the Creative subgroup after I released my first fanfic, "Batmare Begins", on FimFic.  While I've been in this subgroup less than the Moderate subgroup, I hope to make as great and high quality contributions to the Creative brony community as I possibly can through my writing and have been hard at work when I get the time throughout the summer on my fic.  And not gonna lie, but it's a lot of fun getting to creatively express myself in the brony community!  :muffins:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well for me it would be "Unhappy." Maybe Creative but for the most part it's "Unhappy." When I get depressed this show makes me so happy and it makes me laugh. It makes me forget about whatever was bothering me.

• Brohoof 1

moderate, but a bit in the unhappy category too. I originally became a fan simply because i genuinely enjoyed the show. later, i paid attention to the messages and i realized "ya know what, this is actually quality information. ...people need to know this stuff. too many jerks out there." or something of the sort.

• Brohoof 1

you should be able to chose 2, i was somewhere in the middle of moderate and creative. I started watching the show as one episode then all of them but i latter used it as a creative outlet and now im'm in the middle.

• Brohoof 1

I think of myself as moderate.

I don't bring up liking the show unless if someone asks, but I watch the episodes and draw one or two pony based images and some commissions for the love of the series.

Edited by Brother Orin
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess, I would have to be all of the above. I was attracted thanks to the big splash MLP made on the internetz, it takes me to a happier place, makes me remember what it was like being a kid and is now starting to drive my creativity again.

• Brohoof 1

Unhappy-Moderate-Creative

I started off in the unhappy section because I went through a deep depression in my life. I was constantly searching to find something that would fill that void of unhappiness. One of my closest friends recommended the show to me and at first I was very skeptical, so I did some research on the show and found out about the massive fandom behind it. This is where I fell into the Moderate category, my first instal thought was "why would a show thats made for children, (particularly little girls) attract such a large mature/adult audience?". I thought to myself that the show had to be doing something right to get not only get a children audience but, they also pulled in an audience that they weren't even aiming for. 

So once I started to watch the show and, enjoy it I sought out to find out more about Bronies and the fandom. I started to see things like music, fan-art, and fan-fictions everywhere. I was really intrigued by just how many talented people were within the fandom, writers, musicians, and artist were everywhere. I really wanted to become a part of that, as well as contribute to the community with it, and so I did. Like as of right now Im getting into digital art, graphic design and, even learning how to animate things.

• Brohoof 1

Creative, definitely. 

MLP has given me inspiration for several things, including several stories, which has helped me through my writer's block tremendously :D

• Brohoof 1