Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you liked then, but hate now

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Im pretty sure we have all went through that. By maybe eating the food a lot and hate it now because you got sick from it....or just grown out of it.

I used to LOVE hot dogs apparently...but I cant STAND them now!! They're soooo nasty. And pringles....uh yes, I used to be soooooo addicted to those and when I was younger I like...ate them sooo much and got sick from them..now I dislike them, but ill still eat them

Umm does soft drinks count. TO be honest I really cannot drink root beer anymore. I dunno why i cannot drink it but I just cannot drink it anymore. Foowise I=umm I like almsot any food hmm maybe some fruits im not so much of a fan of any more but that is about it.

I liked fast food a lot more when I was a kid than I do now, granted I eat too much and have a bit of a sweet tooth so I am by no means perfect in that regard but it dosen't taste nearly as good as it did before and knowing what is actually in that stuff actually makes my stomach churn. I think much of it though is due to the fact that the standards for what is considered food have actually gotten even lower, I mean Mc Donalds for example actually treats their "meat" with ammonia and puts fillers like silicone and styrofoam in their "food". I mean seriously WTF?

I used to eat PBnJ sandwiches all the time when i was a kid; but now, just the thought of them makes me sick to my stomach. I guess I just ate so many, that I got sick of them. This summer, I actually remembered that I used to like them. I tried them again, and apparently my sense of taste had changed. They actually tasted good. I was glad that I liked them again, and I had probably 20 PBnJ's in a few days. That made me sick of them again. And now I'm not going to be able to eat them again for a while now...

Uh corndogs I guess. I think I used to like them now I can't stand their taste. 

I never really ate yogurt that much but after hearing how "lively" it was, I avoided the stuff like the plague.

As for condiments, ketchup; I just got tired of ketchup sweetening up all my foods. Mayonnaise, after learning how bad it was for your health and tasting some the burgers that are drowned in the stuff. 

I had some pretty disgusting food combinations as a kid... I used to randomly dip my snacks in my chocolate pudding to see how it would taste. I actually found some fairly tasty combinations, but looking back, wtf was I thinking?

Also low quality hamburgers. Thankfully I EVENTUALLY got my head around the fact that the burgers proper restaurants serve are a lot better and tastier. I blame immature taste buds on that one... and the toys...

And pringles....uh yes, I used to be soooooo addicted to those and when I was younger I like...ate them sooo much and got sick from them..now I dislike them, but ill still eat them

Same here!!! 

I used to love Pringles, I would eat them all the time, but now I don't like them very much for some reason :/

Unlike you, I still like hot dogs though lol xP

• Brohoof 1

Apples, carrots, hard candies and really any candy besides chocolate......

I used to love all these, but then I got braces, and had to give a lot up.  I had braces for 6 years and I know that changed my taste buds growing up (I had them from age 12 to age 18). 

Oh yeah when I was younger I used to be super picky when it came to eating food. Throughout the years though I gotten to were I pretty much like anything now. You know not eating greens and etc as a kid but I am very glad now that I enjoy a variety of foods. 

There has never been any food I loved before and hate now, instead I have done the opposite, and now I just seem to enjoy eating everything... Even sometimes things that shouldn't be eaten, cause I am a bit of a weirdo. I love the taste of metal, for example. I wouldn't actually eat it, but I DUNNO WHY I JUST LIKE THE TASTE OKAY! D:

ANyways, I'll pretty much eat anything. I just love chewing things in general. If I had a dog toy I would probably munch on it 24/7. (Especially if it were a squeaky toy. :3)

Yesh, I am weird. :3

• Brohoof 1

Rice a Roni

Only because back when I was a student/ bachelorette, I ran out of food and this was the only thing in my cupboard besides salt and pepper. I ate it for a MONTH straight! (thank god it came in different flavours) then I broke down and went to the food bank and got some OTHER food and bread! I would rather eat onions (another thing I hate, but have ALWAYS hated) than eat even a spoonful of that again!! :X

I used to really like nutty bars but now I think they're kinda gross.  Ditto on pringles.  Really though, for the most part the number of foods I like has gotten bigger, not smaller.  I didn't used to like chocolate, but now I do.

Fried Eggs.

I cannot stand the horrid little things anymore. I only stomach them now for the easy breakfast and nutritional content. But the smell, taste, and texture are so off putting I want to gag just thinking about it. I used to crave eggs but now all I can think of is blegh! angry.png

I used to eat mayonnaise on my sandwiches, now i only stick to mustard, miracle whip, or even avacado. however, i'll eat mayo in potato salad or something because i won't taste it. but, there's issue of all the fat in it compared to miracle whip. if potato salad had that instead, that would be boss.

Oh yeah. I can relate to this. I used to love spaghetti. Now I just don't like it. I only buy it because it's cheap, easy to prepare, and healthier than ramen noodles. 

Now, in reverse, a food that I hated, but acquired a taste for it, and now I love it...Salsa. GAWD I love salsa!!! 

I personally cannot stand Avocados or Bananas. It's all I would eat when I was a tiny baby but now I just can't stand them. Also tomatoes, but I like ketchup... which is wierd. And lastly if you ever want to torture me for information, feed me mushrooms... I'll tell you anything to get you to stop. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

1. Over-processed "food" from fast food joints like McDonald's and Burger King. Back when I was younger and much more obese, I used to eat these by the half-dozen. (Once, I ate nine Big Macs. No lie!) Today, having not eaten at any of these places for over six years, the salty smell of these products make me vomit.

Hostess and Drake's cakes like Yodels and Twinkies. Used to love these spongey, sweet cakes. But after trying one over a year ago after not having any for years, I immediately spat it out. Not only was it too sweet, but the waxy aftertaste made me lose my appetite.

Commercially produced and pasteurized milk instead of organic milk. This one is a lot newer for me. I used to pour this milk aplenty in my morning cereal. Recently, I tried organic milk (much more expensive, but expires after four to six weeks instead of two weeks like regualr milk), and it was like night and day. It tasted fresher and better. We got the conventional milk by accident a few weeks later, and I no longer could stand it. It didn't taste like really fresh milk. I've stuck with organic milk ever since.

Gum. Long ago, I used to chew on gum a lot, preferably Extra gum and the Wrigley's varieties. Nowadays, I don't get as much enjoyment out of them as before, because almost all gum is so bad for you (artificial sweetners like high-fructose corn syrup, aspertame, and acesulfame-K; food dye; and preservatives). The only time I chew gum now is to keep my ears popped on flights.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

There has never been any food I loved before and hate now, instead I have done the opposite, and now I just seem to enjoy eating everything... Even sometimes things that shouldn't be eaten, cause I am a bit of a weirdo. I love the taste of metal, for example. I wouldn't actually eat it, but I DUNNO WHY I JUST LIKE THE TASTE OKAY! D:

It's not exactly the same but I remember I used to love eating grapes right after brushing my teeth. Later I found out that many people  hated that taste and I would think "What's their problem? This stuff is great!". I don't do that so much anymore though

For me the biggest example is peanut butter. I don't know why, but at some point I just started enjoying it less and less. Also gum. I used to go through countless packs of the stuff but now it's just not the same.

• Brohoof 1

I used to hate baked potatoes, but liked mashed potatoes. Around age 10 or so, I hated mashed potatoes and only liked baked potatoes. Now, I can't eat either of them. Both of them are just so disgusting to me now, and I really don't know why.

Ever try these things called Snapea Crisps? They're like chips made out of peas. They are really really good. (for the first bag). I was unfortunate enough to buy a boxful. Now the taste never gets old. The aftertaste is what gets you. By the time I was on my third bag, I never wanted to see another crisp again. 

Edited by jwutheheadcase

My tongue operates on different cycles, or something. For a few months I'll like one brand of potato chips, then I won't be able to stand them, and I'll switch to a different brand, and so on. This has gone on for several years. 

I used to like rice crisy treats, but something happened that associated the feeling of nausea with them, so I can't stand them now. 

I can only eat hot pockets for a few days before I feel like I just have to switch and eat something else. Then I can go back to eating hot pockets sometime later on. I don't know why. 

• Brohoof 1