Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you liked then, but hate now

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I used to like ramen okay. Not like it was my favorite food, but I liked it. Then I ate cup ramen like, every day for, like, a month, and now, I can't stand it. The noodles are fine, and I'll even eat them in chicken broth, but the typical ramen broth is nasty to me.

I used to like gyoza, but then, one day, I had, like, the nastiest gyoza ever to be made by man, and then I just couldn't eat them anymore.

When I was a kid, I used to like cereal sandwiches... I think the rest of the story explains itself.

"Foods you liked then, but hate now..." Sorry, never happened to me yet, however for me there has been many cases of : "foods I hate then, but like now." 

Couscous. I ate it once when I was sick, now I can't stand to even look at it. 

Sometimes, there'll be a food that I like for the first couple of bites, then as I continue eating, it just begins to taste worse and worse. That happened to me with one flavor of Bertolli. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Crawfish Étouffée. I used to like it when I was younger. For some reason though, I hate the stuff now. I can't even look at it without feeling sick. Which is a shame because I would really like to try it again, but my stomach disagrees.laugh.png

Shellfish in general.  And ONLY because I've somehow become allergic to it.  I used to eat it all the time and enjoyed it... crabs, clams, lobster, etc... you know, Shellfish stuff.  But then one day, I'm not sure what happened that I went to a restaurant and got some clams, ate it and I felt horrible, experiencing the usual affects of allergies toward food.  D: It was horrible.  At first, I thought it was just that but I realized that I got that way when eating ANY shellfish.  So yeah... not sure if that counts or not. xD

• Brohoof 1

Peas. When I was a kid, I loved peas. That was my favorite vegetable. Something about the texture is repulsive to me now. The taste is fine, but the way the feel as I'm chewing them makes me want to vomit.

Also tomato soup. This one I could probably overcome. One day when I was sick, I'd say I was 15 at the time, I made myself a bowl of tomato soup. On the can was an alternate preparation suggestion that involved using milk instead of water. Weird, but I figured I'd give it a go. Worst idea, ever. Had I not been sick, I still would have hated it, but the feeling it gave me compounded with my illness and now I never want another bowl of tomato soup again.

Um, well I was quite a picky eater when I was young, so i have a lot more stuff I now like that I hated back when I was younger.

Although McDonald's food Expecially burgers is something I don't like anymore, I mean if I have to I'll eat it, but I really don't like it much, Im ok with other fast food resturants though :P. and I like McDonald's deserts fine. (Expecially Oreo mc flurries :P)

I've also I think become a little less tolerable of fried food. I've always been more one for grilled stuff, but I've started to have less of an appetite I find for fried foods, I'll eat it, but I can only stomach so much fried stuff. And I generally prefer grilled stuff anyways.

Most meats. I watched the movie Food inc. and by the eye of Odin I get sick from eating any meats now. And chocolate, when I was about 8 I ate till I was sick then never touched the stuff again.

Mashed Potatoes.

Every time that I ate them with vegetables or steak, I would eat the whole plate without even trying. Until I realized that, I did not enjoy mashed potatoes even if I still like French Fries. Lost my appetite with mashed potatoes.

Fish I used to eat it a lot when I was younger but now I can't stand it. Also I guess chocolate I used to eat it all the time when I was a kid and now it's just not the same I still enjoy it but I remember as a kid it used to be 10 times better. I think with that one I ate to much of it and I kinda got sick of it.

Sushi. I used to like eating that for the sake of trying something different, and I would always get one at the grocery store. Now I honestly hate it. I do like the crabmeat they use, however.

Coke, Sprite, other drinks like those. I only drink those when they're the only things available. Dr. Pepper and ginger ale in general are tastier and much milder to swallow.

Skittles. Loved those as a kid, think they're sour and digusting capsules now. 

Peanut butter. It makes me thirsty and always gets stuck at the top of my mouth.

Just remembered something else: poptarts.

Used to have them quite a bit for breakfast before I went to school in the morning. Funny thing is that instant oatmeal has kind of replaced that role for me now in college. But I digress, I just can't eat them in the morning any more, it makes me feel yucky.

I'm surprised at the frequency of peanut butter though. I love baking cookies using it as the primary ingredient. I do agree that peanut butter on its own is kind of annoying, getting stuck to the roof of the mouth, but still...

Well when I was teeny tiny you could always find me eating a banana. And when I was about seven I ate hot-dogs, hamburgers, ribs and stuff like that. And I actually considered ribs my favorite food. Now I only eat about two types of meat. As for the bananas, I don't know what happened, I just don't like them that much any more. derpy_emoticon1.png

I used to love chicken, whether it's roast or whatever and whenever someone bought chicken I would gobble it all up. But now I really dislike eating it for some strange reason. I just can't find myself to love it like before. I can't even finish it whenever someone serves it to me and when I see it I just groan. 

...Ice Cream. :|

In recent years, I've grown less and less fond of eating the creamed ice. Now, however, I just don't like it that much at all, but every now and then I may have a bowl...meh.

Mcdonald's burgers and Lays BBQ Chips.
For one, after having experienced finding hair that obviously didn't belong to me or whatever else doesn't belong in a burger, every time I even look or try to eat a Mcdonalds burger I feel the urge to throw up.
Second of all, Lays BBQ Chips have a weird taste to them that I just cannot explain, although I used to eat the absolute CRAP out of them. I now favor the generic brands.