Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foods you liked then, but hate now

~Sugar Sprinkles~

When I was younger my grandpa always bought small bars of bitter chocolate, I used to love back then.

My grandpa stopped buying them and I just got used to the normal one.

Today I hate bitter chocolate or bitter food in general.

I swore off to eat any food made at Mcdonalds, but I liked to eat most foods in Mcdonalds when I was younger.

I used to like Mcdonalds and their food until I had a bad experience with the place during my childhood, and then I swore off to go to the place and never eat their food again the next day, for some reason.

What happened was when I was a kid, I had one of those "Happy meals" for dinner, brushed my teeth, then slept. Then I woke up around 12:00 and vomited all over my bed. Then, as said, I swore off to eat any food made in Mcdonalds.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to really like oatmeal, but I hate it now. It's all gooey and doesn't even taste that good.

I also used to like hot dogs, but I'm starting to hate them.

And finally; McDonald's food. I have no idea how I loved their food as a child; it's disgusting!

Eggs. Oh sweet Celestia, the mere odor those ghastly things produce is enough to make me sick. No one around me seems to understand. They're judging me; I see it in their eyes! But I'm not crazy, oh no. I am NOT crazy!

Nasty, evil, dreadful eggs.

There's a bunch for me, but I would have to say meatballs as a definite. I used to eat those quite often,but after getting sick off of them when I was quite young and now I can't so much as taste one without vomiting.

(edited)

Three things actually.

Certain milks really tasted nasty when I was younger, now I drink them all the time....Since I can't drink regular milk, I drink the lactose free things (My friend keeps saying I DRINK SOY. I can tolerate soy, but I don't like it anymore Soy=/=Lactose free milk)  and learned either A)some taste too sweet or B ) They aren't sweet enough. I learned 2 percent and Whole milk are best milk. (All milk other then these two types are hated, but then again, I also hate skim, not that I ever did like it. My mom used to buy it by mistake and I always never drunk it. She gets so pissed)

Bananas. I don't like them. They make me want to VOMIT. I get repulsed by them badly. 

I honestly can't stand oatmeal as much as many do. The texture...but then again, I'll eat it still. I used to love oatmeal...lots.

Edited by Scootadress

(edited)

Well, it isn't a food, but I used to love Dr. Pepper, and now I absolutley despise it. It's so horrid and disguisting, I don't know how I ever liked it.

Edit: Oh, and peanut butter. God I hate it. Young me had horrid tastes.

Edited by Callisto

(edited)

Anything from Burger King, I remember when I used to go here all the time as a kid and absolutely loved it, but at one point we just stopped going. Fastforward to my senior year of high school, I decided to get some Burger King a for the first time in about 8 years, only to find out that the burger itself was a lot smaller than it's worth(it was like paying premium for a value menu item) and on top of it tasted awful, a lot worse than I recalled. Then I finally realized why my parents decided to stop going there

Edited by Godot

• 3 months later...

Jello. I used to love that shit, but now I can't even look at it without feeling sick. I'm not sure if it's because I know what's in jello or if it's the texture, all I know is I hate it

The one that readily jumps to mind is fish sticks - as a kid I'd just shovel them down with loads of ketchup, but now the thought of eating them just makes me cringe.

I guess another thing I've outgrown are certain breakfast cereals, namely Cocoa Puffs, Sugar Smacks and Quisp. Wouldn't say I hate them, exactly, but they're definitely at the bottom of the list whenever I'm looking for cereal at the store.

• Brohoof 1

Soups is what I despise the most. I used to love every kind of soup that my family made, not anymore. It started off when I thought of all the ingredients floating on the soup as bugs. You know when you pick the bowl and start drinking it.... The thought of the ingredients floating as bugs in my mouth appeared and I threw up.

@Sabrinie:But jello is so delicious even if its made of bone marrow.

@Lowline: Don't worry I feel the same way with pops

Edited by KBAriel
  • Brohoof 1

Oh this is totally my type of thread laugh.png My mom says when I was a baby I used to eat everything but now I've become a very picky eater tongue.png

So first up LETTUCE! I can't stand the stuff, I don't know why but it just bothers me. I like my food to have taste, for it to be delicious, not tasteless, soggy leaves. Same goes for spinach. I used to eat both of those as a kid and now I don't like em KUbAnTY.png

Carrots. For some reason, I like grilled carrots, but regular carrots just don't go with me tongue.png

Pickles, I like cucumbers, but I can't stand pickles.

Raisins, I love grapes, but hate raisins. happy.png

Radishes, ew

Um fried plantains in this sweet sugar liquid. It's a Spanish recipe. I like regular cooked plantains just fine, but when they're wet and super sweet, they always make me want to barf. Yet my mom always gets on my case on how I used to like them as a kid happy.png

Rice in milk, apparently I was a big fan of this as a baby, NOT ANYMORE! tongue.png

So yeah, I've grown out of some of these old favorites of mine, and have now come to hate them KUbAnTY.png I guess your taste buds change as you grow up or something happy.png What may have tasted great to you before, tastes like barf now

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I can name a few. I used to love raisins, rice with ketchup, corn on the comb, and fish sticks. Over the years that's changed quite a bit for me. tongue.png

I mean raisins are alright, but I don't have as much of a preference for them as I used to as a little kid. I still love rice, just not rice with ketchup splattered all over it. happy.png

And fish sticks, eh... they're alright. Usually when my family decides to have fish sticks for dinner, I make sure to have either some tartar sauce or ketchup to help with the flavor and stuff. Now that I think about it, I'm not that much of a fan of seafood. tongue.png

Overall, I don't much has changed. Besides the foods I've just mentioned, my taste in foods in general has pretty much remained the same. smile.png

Edited by Dsanders

I used to like chocolate spreads. now my brain cannot comprehend chocolate on bread... 

About the same I can't comprehend fried mars bars, what fruit cake invented that?? I heard some chip shop in scotland was the first to 'invent' this thing, 

• 2 years later...

I used to like battered fish, but now I can't eat it without feeling slightly sick. The taste isn't all that bad, though... just something about it. The same applies to fish fingers... if you can even call then fish, from what I've heard about them...  :ooh: There aren't many other foods that I used to like but don't eat now - it's mostly vise versa. I'll say that I don't particularly like chicken burgers anymore (but that's only a specific brand).

Potato salad. I used to think it was pretty good, but after an incident where I got sick and had to go to the hospital after eating it, I can't stomach it anymore. The sickness had nothing to do with the Potato Salad, but I just can't think about eating it without thinking of stomach pains and vomiting, and that ruins it.