Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Multiverse Theory: Opinions and Discussion

why

Do you belive in the multiverse theory?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Do you belive in the multiverse theory?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

My ideas are actually an inverse of yours, this is just what I have conjured up over the years:

I believe that what we do does not actually create other universes, but instead is influenced by other universes and we influence them back. Our art, literature, media, actions, all at some level are interconnected across the massive never ending multiverse. So when someone writes a book, story, script, they aren't actually coming up with it per se. Instead they are glimpsing into another existance and gleaning facts (which can be misinterpreted), and then writing them down. Think kind of like the MYST series, where the people writing the teleporter books aren't actually making the worlds but just the way to reach them. On the opposite end there are beings in these other universes getting glimpses of our world, making us their books, media, etc.

Every possible action or event is played out somewhere in some existance.

Also I'm pretty sure our multiverse is just one atom in another universe's structure, I mean really how can you be sure that every atom in our world isn't a multiverse?

Edit: I thought I should add that we still have free will in my theory, our actions are only influenced not forced.

Edited by Guest

How about this Multiverse theory:

When a future dweller time travels and changes something, rather than go for the paradox, the Universe itself simply replicates itself with that event passed. Or using probability, a universe exists for every single possible scenario there is. So there can be a Universe where America was still a British colony or we're reptiles rather than mammals.

So I think of the Universe as a 2D sheet with a small 3D space and another 2D sheet, and another 3D space, so on and so forth. Since in between the 3D spaces between Universes, there's no Time or Space, it could be an infinite distance or literally a millionth of an inch away.

Who knows.

• Brohoof 1

Relevant

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_ZgAvXsuw

I have never actually had that fully explained to me before, that was amazing! :blink:

My mind is going to go cry in the corner now from how beautifully mind boggling this all is.

Edit: Also there is this-

Edited by Guest

Read Robert Heinlein's "The Number of the Beast" It explains his "World as Myth" concept. It's also a very good book.

(Quite a bit, shall we say, adult in parts, too!)

RACY!

At one point the main characters actually make it to the actualy real Land of Oz!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Just to cause controversy:

I believe the world is completely deterministic, all of our actions could be predicted given enough information. What quantum physics?

Determinism is oxymoron in dimensional physics where all possible outcomes of all possible time lines coexist, it is determined, sure, but so is every other outcome and every other state, so in a sense you can't determine which path you are going to take in the future, all you can see is infinite list of possibilities of all possible variations.
  • Brohoof 1

Determinism is oxymoron in dimensional physics where all possible outcomes of all possible time lines coexist, it is determined, sure, but so is every other outcome and every other state, so in a sense you can't determine which path you are going to take in the future, all you can see is infinite list of possibilities of all possible variations.

I don't actually believe in determinism, because I follow the many worlds theory. And it can be seen through how quantum physics throws Newtonian physics out of the water.

However Einstein once said that "God does not play dice with the universe.". Meaning he didn't believe in quantum physics and probably was a determinist back then.

I just think that everything exists. Somewhere in the multiverse. Like right now, they're could be flying sharks that shoot 50 mile lasers that are chasing giant lama unicorns that live in airplanes with a human like society. (in another universe)

And the universe posibilities could even be so vast, that the only difference is a guy named bill back in 1890 doesnt shave

• Brohoof 1

I'm with Toothless here. I believe everything that can be thought up or said is true. This includes things others would consider mere fantasy. Read a book? You are reading one version of a universe. Every time you try to predict what happens at the end of the book? You are creating another version with a twist ending. Every time you even think "The world is ending" well....the world is ending in another universe.

Obviously there are safeguards against this to prevent all of existence from ending or we'd all be gone by now.

It's a morbid thought, knowing that every time you imagine someone dying in whatever scenario someone is actually dying in twenty million or more universes, but an interesting one.

One cannot be philosophical without being a tad morbid, just a fact of life.

• Brohoof 1

Oh god, if I think to much about the multiverse it hurts my head. I'm literally shaking right now. MY IMAGINATION IS TOO BIG. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaah

I'm coming up with way to many universes with different timelines and alternate versions of each universe at once.

Edited by toothlessbrony

Just cuz they have no evidence doesn't mean there's not the possibility of it being true. Kind of like Religion. There's no physical evidence to prove or disprove it to people who don't already believe in it but that doesn't make it any less of a possibility.

Just cuz they have no evidence doesn't mean there's not the possibility of it being true. Kind of like Religion. There's no physical evidence to prove or disprove it to people who don't already believe in it but that doesn't make it any less of a possibility.

If you're examining things objectively, then if there is no evidence to suggest something is true then it is assumed to be not true and not possible.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but there's still nothing to make me believe it. It's just a theory based off nothing more than there being a chance. It's effects cannot be felt in anyway.

There is a large mathematical basis support the multiverse theory. the only problem with having only mathematical proof means is that it is an indicator it can exist.

The problem lies in physical proof. We would need to create an experiment which could indicate the other universe, but there is so much we don't know.

How do you know you don't have any way of feeling it? It's theorized in some circles that when you feel Deja Vu you are entering one of those splits in the universe. Every time you get a random itch on your body that you can't explain, it could be something happening to you in another dimension to the point that you are feeling it in this one.

Still theories nonetheless and no real proof but last I checked there's no proof the soul exists yet people insist that it does.

How do you know you don't have any way of feeling it? It's theorized in some circles that when you feel Deja Vu you are entering one of those splits in the universe. Every time you get a random itch on your body that you can't explain, it could be something happening to you in another dimension to the point that you are feeling it in this one.

Still theories nonetheless and no real proof but last I checked there's no proof the soul exists yet people insist that it does.

Not everyone insists that "the soul" exists; I certainly do not. The theories you have stated have absolutely no logical proof to support them, and there are theories that fit much better with our current understanding of the universe that explain those phenomena, and the scientific method assumes that the theory that fits best with established facts are true, so logically the theories you propose must be assumed to be untrue.

• Brohoof 1

And to that I say: Established facts can easily be disproven if we had more knowledge of something and just because something seems illogical or doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's not true. In the end, we're talking about something that can't be proven or disproven but to say it isn't true is equally as unsubstantial as saying it is.

Read Robert Heinlein's "The Number of the Beast" It explains his "World as Myth" concept. It's also a very good book.

(Quite a bit, shall we say, adult in parts, too!)

RACY!

At one point the main characters actually make it to the actualy real Land of Oz!

Well, since myths are social constructs, they technically do exist.

And to that I say: Established facts can easily be disproven if we had more knowledge of something and just because something seems illogical or doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's not true. In the end, we're talking about something that can't be proven or disproven but to say it isn't true is equally as unsubstantial as saying it is.

The number of things that might exist and might be true yet have no evidence for their existence are many, perhaps even infinite. I understand that the possibilities for these things to be true exists, but I am not willing to dedicate my time to speculating about them, as they are totally impossible to prove or disprove. For all practical purposes I must assume all these things to not exist and to not be true - to do otherwise is completely absurd.