Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Multiverse Theory: Opinions and Discussion

why

Do you belive in the multiverse theory?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Do you belive in the multiverse theory?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

There is no scientific proof that Equestria is in any way real, meaning not a real place on Earth. Equestria is a nation/country that is originally in My Little Pony. But, nice try.

• Brohoof 1

Uhm this topic is just making me confused. I don't understand if this thread is serious or not.

Equestria is a made up country from a tv-show. It's not real.

I6gbAVN.png

..Or is it?

(Yeah there's a place in South Africa called Equestria)

So Equestria's right here on Earth? ohmy.png

But really though, this isn't fact, and the stuff I've used is only theory, but that also means it's not completely impossible either. Just don't expect Twilight to use magic. tongue.png I know it's ridiculous, but so's the Universe.

Edited by Vexxy

There is no scientific proof that Equestria is in any way real, meaning not a real place on Earth. Equestria is a nation/country that is originally in My Little Pony. But, nice try.

I thought he was implying that he believed it was in another dimension or universe, just by seeing "multiverse." Even so, however, I doubt Equestria exists, or if it somehow did, it's depicted as MLP:FiM depicts it (atmosphere, characters, etc.).

Edited by III Prong III
  • Brohoof 1

I thought he was implying that he believed it was in another dimension or universe, just by seeing "multiverse." Even so, however, I doubt Equestria exists, or if it somehow did, it's depicted as MLP:FiM depicts it (atmosphere, characters, etc.).

I know that. But I highly doubt that we find another dimension or universe that Equestria exists. But in some strange impossible way, it could.

• Brohoof 1

I myself believe that thanks to the multiverse theory that we might have a world out there that might actually resemble Equestria. It might not be exactly like it, but still it might be close enough. Although the ponies themself would of course not be cartoon characters. I don't know there are endless universes out there left for us too explore. Maybe in a distant, distant and more distant future we might actually end up finding something that resembles Equestria. Although it is higly unlikely you can not deny the possibility. We have a really limited knowledge of our universe, we never know what might be hiding billions of light years away.

• Brohoof 1

I get what you're saying. I've always enjoyed the multiverse theory, and as you say, with an infinite amount of time, paired with an infinite amount of space, it is entirely possible that by coincidence a world may appear similar or same as the world represented in the show.
People seem to be taking this too much at face value, without thinking about the 'what-if?'. It's just like Schrodinger's Cat theory. If you have no way of knowing the outcome of an event, until you witness said outcome yourself, it is impossible to state what outcome the event has become.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe Equestria is the future! Maybe all the humans are dead, and the left over animals evolved into talking ponies! And, the new Equestria Girls is when Twilight descovers  an old history book with human and makes a spell to go back in time!img-1386613-1-ohmy.png

img-1386613-2-MIND_BLOWN.gif

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 5

I myself believe that thanks to the multiverse theory that we might have a world out there that might actually resemble Equestria. It might not be exactly like it, but still it might be close enough. Although the ponies themself would of course not be cartoon characters. I don't know there are endless universes out there left for us too explore. Maybe in a distant, distant and more distant future we might actually end up finding something that resembles Equestria. Although it is higly unlikely you can not deny the possibility. We have a really limited knowledge of our universe, we never know what might be hiding billions of light years away.

What if they were cartoon ponies, too? Biologically built, but with an odd alignment of elements that result in their visual look being just like that of the cartoon. I can very easily imagine a situation where a warp in light and space could result in such a visual alteration. :3

• Brohoof 2

What if they were cartoon ponies, too? Biologically built, but with an odd alignment of elements that result in their visual look being just like that of the cartoon. I can very easily imagine a situation where a warp in light and space could result in such a visual alteration. :3

Dear Celestia, your right. I have not taken into account that, maybe their structure is built up with elements we don't have the knowledge off, creating a cartoon like appearance. You know, we only know a small percentage of the elements in the world. This might be possible. Who knows there are endless possibilities.

• Brohoof 1

Dear Celestia, your right. I have not taken into account that, maybe their structure is built up with elements we don't have the knowledge off, creating a cartoon like appearance. You know, we only know a small percentage of the elements in the world. This might be possible. Who knows there are endless possibilities.

That's the fun of the situation. There's so much time and space(speculatively infinite) around us, it would be almost impossible for us to know whether or not such actually exists.

Reminds me of the thoughts and theories about supermassive life-forms built of chemicals an elements found inside stars and cosmic gases. The gigantic nebulae that we see daily through telescopes may actually be a life-form itself, or even a hive-live collection of life-forms forged from the very stars of the nebulae themselves.

• Brohoof 1

That's the fun of the situation. There's so much time and space(speculatively infinite) around us, it would be almost impossible for us to know whether or not such actually exists.

Reminds me of the thoughts and theories about supermassive life-forms built of chemicals an elements found inside stars and cosmic gases. The gigantic nebulae that we see daily through telescopes may actually be a life-form itself, or even a hive-live collection of life-forms forged from the very stars of the nebulae themselves.

I know right, all this scientific thinking is making me rather confused, but for ponies I try too keep my focus. Who knows, maybe our galaxy is just a single cell in a pony. I mean, what if our galaxy is just a cell, our universe just cells connected. Which form bigger cells. Then those cells form bigger cells untill we start seeing a life form. Which is formed by the cells too. I'm just saying, we are all built up with molecules that form cells like our skin cells and stuff. Makes you wonder right, the universe is so complex.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I know right, all this scientific thinking is making me rather confused, but for ponies I try too keep my focus. Who knows, maybe our galaxy is just a single cell in a pony. I mean, what if our galaxy is just a cell, our universe just cells connected. Which form bigger cells. Then those cells form bigger cells untill we start seeing a life form. Which is formed by the cells too. I'm just saying, we are all built up with molecules that form cells like our skin cells and stuff. Makes you wonder right, the universe is so complex.

Indeed. Just as an ant's universe is the backyard of your abode, we may just be residing in the backyard of some ulterior creation. We can easily see this in a closer-to-home light as well, with the Earth. Sure, it may not be built the same way as us, but just like us, it is a collection of molecules and cells. It takes energy into itself, and it outputs energy from itself. There is nothing to say that the Earth is not a living creature.

We just happen to be chilling on it's surface; just like bacteria chill on our surface.

• Brohoof 2

Given the fact that there might be an infinite amount of universe not only would equestria exists but also infinite versions of it with its own laws. Not only that, one can even think of yourself as superfamous because in another universe, you actually are.

Given to my understanding one might never ever know what would happen with multiverses.

But to a more interesting point, if we can believe that there is an infinite amount of universes, an infinite amount would also be like ours, seemingly infinitely expanding. I'm wondering what would happen if they would collide. I'm thinking one universe would take over the other over time, or a mix of both will be formed.

Even much more interesting is that it might have already happened. Given to my understanding our consciousness is the sum of all of our brain activity. Our consciousness is actually formed ever 0.042 seconds, the time with which we register things.

Now for a more mindblown fact, if we are to believe what biocentrism says, a theory which is both very plausible and questionable at the same time, inbetween our conscious moments we could have done everything and have lived an entire lifetime. The only information we understand as continuity is actually information that overlaps between conscious moments in between the seemingly chaotic moments of nothingness. Meaning that you could have been to equestria, miraciously teleported there, lived a life-time and sent back to our world as young as you are right now. And you would have no recollection of it.

Farfetched? Maybe, but hey, light is a particle AND a wave. quantum particles don't follow the laws of nature when not being observed and dark matter is something we will never be able to understand, so hey, the future's looking pretty bright compared to that ain't it?

• Brohoof 3

Rather than a real place-it's more likely that in the near future we will have devices similar to those in 'Strange Days' if you saw that movie. It fits over your head and feeds images directly into your brain-giving you the experience of being in the place you want, rather than just seeing it.

Put in any program you want-including Equestria I guess. 

• Brohoof 1

I know that everypony here wishes that Equestria was real, but sadly, it's only a fictional land from a TV show, and it will probably stay that way.

While I do believe that the multiverse theory is true, the alternate universes that we may one day find will be nothing like what we can imagine. It would be highly unlikely (but not impossible) that we would find an alternate dimension inhabited by talking pastel ponies.

Also, how would humanity build a portal there anyway? We probably won't have technology capable of traveling to other dimensions until centuries from now at the very least. And even if bronies somehow managed to build an interdimensional portal, it would probably lead to the wrong universe, anyways.

While there may be a very very very (0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%) small chance that Equestria exists, it is still unlikely. You sound pretty delusional.

But if, by any chance, that somehow, somewhere, Equestria is real, that would make the multiverse 20% cooler.

But again, it's HIGHLY unlikely.

• Brohoof 4

We can't even find life from another planet and people are going on about this multiverse theory (since the some human marries twilight theory) and the fact that there's no disproving that equestria and talkign ponies might exist. It's getting a little sad and demented guys that just because you can imagine something can exiist means that it could exist in a different universe. Maybe it's time to step away from the pc and start dealing with real life for awhile. It's a great show but don't let it take you away from what's real and what's not....

• Brohoof 1

While there may be a very very very (0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%) small chance that Equestria exists, it is still unlikely. You sound pretty delusional.

Not sure if your referring my posts or others, but we're simply looking at that 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance. The universe is so complex and we are just wondering, what if we were just a tiny cell floating in space. But of course you can't deny the fact that this is possible.

We can't even find life from another planet and people are going on about this multiverse theory (since the some human marries twilight theory) and the fact that there's no disproving that equestria and talkign ponies might exist. It's getting a little sad and demented guys that just because you can imagine something can exiist means that it could exist in a different universe. Maybe it's time to step away from the pc and start dealing with real life for awhile. It's a great show but don't let it take you away from what's real and what's not....

We never said it is real, all we said is that it could be. The universe is so big, we can't say for certain that it doesn't exist. Of course something that might resemble Equestria might exist. We are just looking at the possibility of it.

• Brohoof 2

I know that everypony here wishes that Equestria was real, but sadly, it's only a fictional land from a TV show, and it will probably stay that way.

While I do believe that the multiverse theory is true, the alternate universes that we may one day find will be nothing like what we can imagine. It would be highly unlikely (but not impossible) that we would find an alternate dimension inhabited by talking pastel ponies.

Also, how would humanity build a portal there anyway? We probably won't have technology capable of traveling to other dimensions until centuries from now at the very least. And even if bronies somehow managed to build an interdimensional portal, it would probably lead to the wrong universe, anyways.

But if, by any chance, that somehow, somewhere, Equestria is real, that would make the multiverse 20% cooler.

But again, it's HIGHLY unlikely.

But this isn't about whether or not such an event is within our grasp; it is about whether or not such an event could actually occur. To our current knowledge, time and space are infinite and continuous, restricted only by the distance and spectrum of which we can physically observe. It is more likely that in a time and space which spans infinitely, an event could occur, than it is that it couldn't.

Be careful of what you claim as delusions and fictitious. Just look back at all the technological marvels that have occurred and take note of all the people who prior would have claimed the theorist insane. Recall such philosophers and scientists who were insulted and ridiculed by their peers for their speculations; and then look at how our world runs today. Where, were it not for such curious people, we'd still be living in the Dark Ages.

​Oh, somebody else who seems to misinterpret the situation. As said above, we're not sad-hats hoping and wishing that somewhere in the universe/s there is a world of magical cartoon equines that will whisk us away to eternal bliss(not that I would object): We're just speculating that it is entirely possible that such a world could exist, due to the expanse of all existence around us.

Just remember that the only reason we haven't been able to find life elsewhere, is because we're too wrapped up in all the problems of our little planet, to obtain the knowledge and resources for such exploration. We can only work within the confines of our equipment.

• Brohoof 2

I know but the show only exists in our minds and our hearts and through tv. Different realities and universes likewise only exist the same way.

Reality is a lot more real, boring, and limited then we'd like to give it credit. We have more forum topics on the possibility of alternate realities than than any proof of seeing them or of ever coming into contact with any of those.

Depressing but that's how it is....

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

@@Freewave, I guess we are simply looking too far into the future, like I said in the very distant future. You're right the show only exists in our minds and hearts and through tv, and the same goes for the different realities. But this thread was about that wasn't it. Besides, it is just fun talking about science, doesn't really matter if it makes sense or not. Just thinking how small we are in the universe, just thinking of all the possibilities out there... Waiting for us too explore. I am not delusional and I have enough problems too deal with in real life, I just have a powerfull imagination and just wondering about the universe and all the possibilities was a lot of fun for me. I would have been just as interested as if it would have been a fallout universe or skyrim. I am just interested in theories and science, that's it. I'm perfectly fine with my life.

Ever hear the theory that with the flux of our brainpower, a universe is born?...... This means that everytime you think of a new concept, or make up a story, a universe that matches it is created!!!! 

So this could be completely plausible.

• Brohoof 3

If the multiverse theory is correct, there isn't just one Equestria; there are potentially millions.

Every slight variation, each fanfiction, each head cannon; would all be a separate reality.

Hell, If you've ever fantisized about being in Equestria, there is likely a universe where you are in Equestria.

Again, that's IF the multiverse theory is a factual one.

Multiverse theory is very tricky however. If it is true, we wouldn't even be able to fathom how many universes are actually out there. Claiming that there are billions, trillions, quintillions, septillions and even octillions of universes wouldnt even come close.

Think about it; let's say you stubbed your toe this morning. A completely separate universe would be created. It would be identical to ours in every possible way, except you wouldn't stub your toe at that precise moment.

There would be a universe for every single thing any organism has ever done or thought of. A universe for every single scenario; no matter how minuscule.

It wouldnt stop there. Same logic applies to every other universe. If twilight sparkle wrote a novel, there would be a universe created in the setting of her novel.

So there are potentially octillions of Equestrias out there.

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~
  • Brohoof 2

Pretty interesting stuff, but I wouldn't necessarily say that any of this is 100% factual to any extent. Equestria and my little pony are both concepts made by human creation. Most likely if humans didn't exist, then neither would my little pony. But you are right however, the universe functions in ways that our feeble little human minds can only grasp so much, that we need brilliant thinkers to just spawn out of nowhere every decade and generation. 

So in essence the My little pony world's existence could be possible, but how that would be possible is beyond any human. Maybe somewhere out there in deep deep space, there is a civilization arguing if humans are real or not. Who knows, that's the fun of life and science and knowledge! To learn and grow! So I support your healthy speculation, it's mentally stimulating derpy_emoticon1.png .

• Brohoof 2

Pretty interesting stuff, but I wouldn't necessarily say that any of this is 100% factual to any extent. Equestria and my little pony are both concepts made by human creation. Most likely if humans didn't exist, then neither would my little pony. But you are right however, the universe functions in ways that our feeble little human minds can only grasp so much, that we need brilliant thinkers to just spawn out of nowhere every decade and generation. 

So in essence the My little pony world's existence could be possible, but how that would be possible is beyond any human. Maybe somewhere out there in deep deep space, there is a civilization arguing if humans are real or not. Who knows, that's the fun of life and science and knowledge! To learn and grow! So I support your healthy speculation, it's mentally stimulating img-1386916-1-derpy_emoticon1.png .

Of course it isn't "100% factual". It's zero percent factual. That's why it's a theory. I don't recall any point in time where we said that this IS how the universe/s work.

• Brohoof 1