Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Space Marerines! 30k project (also requests for help)

Silverwisp the Bard

Behold, Twilight Sparkle of the Thousand Sons.

post-3492-0-65273500-1363384145_thumb.jpg

I'm planning (for now) to do all of the Mane Six as pre-heresy marines (so legions not chapters).

Haha, I shall do all the original 18 Legions Muhahahhahaha!!!

1.Dark Angels: Fluttershy

2.-

3. Emperors Children: Rarity

4. Iron Warriors: Derpy

5.White Scars: Rainbow Dash

6. Space Wolves: Lightning Dust

7. Imperial Fists: Applejack

8. Night Lords: Pinkamena

9. Blood Angels: Spitfire

10. Iron Hands: Big Macintosh

11. -

12. World Eaters: Gilda

13. Ultramarines: A Royal Guard

14. Death Guard: ?

15. Thousand Sons: Twilight Sparkle

16. Sons of Horus: Trixie

17. Word Bearers: ?

18. Salamanders: Spike

19. Raven Guard: Soarin

20. Alpha Legion: a changeling

None of these are set in stone, so if you can argue a good case, I might change my mind.

Any advice/argument that leads to me making a choice (or changing one), will be rewarded with a request (see the rules).

-No Alicorns (unless you got a good explanation for them being Alicorns
-No shipping with any of the Mane Six
-Nothing saucier than a dirty look
-No (real-life) politics or religion
-If my work is not what you imagined, feel free to ask for corrections, I aim to please

If you try to weasel your way to a request while portraying ignorance of the subject matter, Monty Python will be quoted at you in a taunting manner.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Applejack screams out "DORN", at least to me. Personality wise, and in the traits of the Imperial Fists, she's handy with constructing defenses I'd bed, and were she able to wield a sword, I'd take her in any matchup.  Oh, and she's yellow.

My first instinct with Rainbowdash is the White Scars, but that might be to simplistic.  

Rainbow Dash- Either the White Scars fits extremely well, Or IMHO an argument for the Night Lords would be valid, mostly referring to her pranks and the Nightmare Night episode  (S2. E4) Plus I think Night Lords look ridiculously awesome 

Fluttershy- This one is by far the most difficult.... I am thinking Raven Guard in reference to her quiet and reserved attitude. But I really dont know beyond that.

Pinkie- Emperors Children. Just... Reading the Horus Heresy books; what with the excessively overpowered emotions pinky has, plus the Pinkemania. Perfect fit to me

AJ- I would second Zain with AJ being an Imperial Fist. Fits rather well I believe.

At first, I thought Sanginius for Fluttershy, because he was supposed to be the most angelic, but the more I think about it I think she should be Lion El'Jonson.

1. The Dark Angles are reclusive and hate attention, just like Fluttershy.

2. Caliban is a forest world, full of Animals. In Ponyhammer lore, she could have defeated the monsters in there by showing them kindness, rather than wiping them out.

3. Quite a few  Dark Angels I've seen have long (emoish?) hair covering one of their eyes, kind of like Fluttershy's mane which she uses to hide behind.

4. El'Johnson wasn't a big talker and mostly remained quiet.

5. Like Fluttershy, El'Johnson quite literally fell from the sky into the forest (Well, Fluttershy fell near the everfree, not in it).

6. Fluttershy is considered, well, Angelic.

Sanginius would probably be RD (as apposed to Jaghati Khan) because Sanginius is supposed to represent loyalty (He fought Horus, full we knowing he wasn't strong enough and that he would be killed, just to buy the emperor time), plus Sanginius had wings and was very good at using them.

Are you willing to create lore and shape the existing stuff to fit MLP, or is it just 'Warhammer 40k with ponies?'. Drop me a PM if you need any help worldbuilding and Stuff, I have a lot of ideas floating around (I wrote some of them down, gotta find them.)

Edited by Navel Spess

Applejack screams out "DORN", at least to me.

My first instinct with Rainbowdash is the White Scars, but that might be to simplistic.  

Oh, I'll take both of these (kinda had Salamanders floating around in my head, but Fists do seem a better fit)

Rainbow Dash- Either the White Scars fits extremely well, Or IMHO an argument for the Night Lords would be valid, mostly referring to her pranks and the Nightmare Night episode  (S2. E4) Plus I think Night Lords look ridiculously awesome 

Pinkie- Emperors Children. Just... Reading the Horus Heresy books; what with the excessively overpowered emotions pinky has, plus the Pinkemania. Perfect fit to me

Night Lords = Pranksters?blink.png  You got some sense of humor.

Can't believe I didn't think of WS for Dash.

Oh, and I already got Rarity for the Children and I want to avoid doubles.

At first, I thought Sanginius for Fluttershy, because he was supposed to be the most angelic, but the more I think about it I think she should be Lion El'Jonson....

Are you willing to create lore and shape the existing stuff to fit MLP, or is it just 'Warhammer 40k with ponies?'. Drop me a PM if you need any help worldbuilding and Stuff, I have a lot of ideas floating around (I wrote some of them down, gotta find them.)

It does seem fitting, though I'm gonna make her captain, not a primarch, I think I'll make her that one guy with the bitching fur coat.

And no, no serious world building, I just like mixing aesthetics. laugh.png

Anyway, you all get a request, just let me know what you want.smile.png

Night Lords = Pranksters?  You got some sense of humor.

its all about perspective ;) both the Night Lords and RD love causing terror, and the terror caused by both is pretty short lived, the primary difference being your dead instead of laughing it off ;)

BUT In that case seeing your wonderful artwork I kinda want to see my OC (Avatar) in Apothecarion armour, think that's possible?

(Dont judge me, I'm in the middle of painting my Apothacary)  

Anyway, you all get a request, just let me know what you want.img-1320085-3-smile.png

Hmmm, let me think about it. I cannot waste such a valuable request on impulse, I need to think about what I want...probably something in armor as I can't draw power armor very well at all.

Oh and let me guess about Rarity's legion...Emperor's Children? tongue.png

Edited by Navel Spess

For the Khan!!

post-3492-0-90098000-1364662832_thumb.jpg

iBUT In that case seeing your wonderful artwork I kinda want to see my OC (Avatar) in Apothecarion armour, think that's possible?

Pose? Chapter?

Hmmm, let me think about it. I cannot waste such a valuable request on impulse, I need to think about what I want...probably something in armor as I can't draw power armor very well at all.

Oh and let me guess about Rarity's legion...Emperor's Children? img-1320101-2-tongue.png

However did you guesssmile.png ?

I enjoy putting all kind of armor on ponies, not just the power variety. Anyway, choose whatever you want (I do humanized stuff as well, if you want that)

I enjoy putting all kind of armor on ponies, not just the power variety. Anyway, choose whatever you want (I do humanized stuff as well, if you want that)

Hey thanks. I'm really looking forward to Dark Angel Fluttershy. Are you giving her the robes as well? Oh, and I do have a rough idea of what I want. In my sig, their is a link to a character called Headstrong. I'd like him in golden power armor, but without the shoulder pad on his rear. He isn't meant to be a 40k Space Marine (you should see that if you read his description). Other than that, I'm giving you complete freedom over what the armor looks like, I really look forward to what you do with him. smile.png

And just do what you think looks good smile.png I really have no ideas or preference

Famous last words my friend...

Anyway here we go, hope you like it

post-3492-0-44032200-1364861597_thumb.jpg

The helmet and neckarmor gave me some trouble and I'm not sure, if he can walk with that thing on his foreleg, but c'estla vie

In other news, I'm now doing all of the original legions, so I'm gonna need a whole lot more suggestions (see first post).

Also, here is Trixie "Little Luna" Lulamoon:

post-3492-0-33061600-1364871087_thumb.jpg

(edited)

@,

Okay here we go. I did try to get the climbing pose, but it doesn't work well with ponies, especially from a front perspective. Sorry about that

post-3492-0-58992400-1365012466_thumb.jpg

Fluttershy is up in the new thread (see my signature)

• Brohoof 1

@,

Okay here we go. I did try to get the climbing pose, but it doesn't work well with ponies, especially from a front perspective. Sorry about that

Fluttershy is up in the new thread (see my signature)

I love it, hell, its BETTER than what I was thinking of in my head, I really like the red leathery bits! It looks kind of like an Adeptus Custode.

(edited)

Does Lightning Dust make a good Leman Russ? Just throwing a question out there.

Spike as Vulkan... hahaha. Makes perfect sense.

What do you mean, Trixie is Horus?

I'm doing the ponies as marines/captains, not primarchs.

I chose Lightning Dust as a Wolf of Fenris ("Space Wolves " wasn't in common use until after the Heresy) because of her disregard of others safety as long as the job gets done (because of that, the Wolves were actually pretty unpopular among the other Imperial forces during that time).

Trixie is represents "Little Horus" Aximand, a character from the Horus Heresy novels, who got the nickname because out of all the Lunar Wolves/Sons of Horus, he resembled the Primarch the most.

I'll probably  squeeze in a picture of Nightmare Moon as Horus at some point.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And we're at the halfway point!

Really feel like I should draw do something to celebrate, anyone got a cool idea? Maye a primarch?

Also, @, you still get a request for suggesting Spitfire.