Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When was your first time...

Expired delta

What converted me was a "Scott Pilgrim vs the world pony parody", after watching that I was hooked and began watching every episode of MLP.

I think my first full episode was "stare master".

Wow, your firing new topics off at the rate of a machine gun. Also, you don't have to canterlock all your topic titles.

Anyway, I first heard of MLP around last summer, when the season 1 finale was just released. I joined the herd the same day ^^

The first thing I thought... it was around the lines of "I can't believe I'm doing this XD, but it isn't that bad, let's see the next episode". I joined the herd because the people actually looked nice at every corner of the internet instead of other fandoms I've seen.

Well that felt like an interview, heh. Anyway, I havn't seen you around before, welcome to the forums =)!

• Brohoof 1

I actually was watching some TF2 music videos and i saw a shipping video of Pinkie Dash, i was like "wth did this come from? and why do i like it?" so i went threw about 6 videos before finding Luna Eclipsed witch was the latest one at that time, and that's when i starting liking it. I joined the herd to see how Bronies are and now i guess you can say i'm a Leader among Leaders...

i went threw about 6 videos before finding Luna Eclipsed witch was the latest one at that time

Me too! Before the Hasbro takedowns, many of the MLP videos on youtube had up to millions of views. I first saw it around "troll emotions" (a chrome and firefox extension that allows trollpics and such) for half of the cache was made up of ponypics. After googleing it a bit I came across the Know Your Meme page and watched the first episode. It didn't quite capture me, but kept lingering in the back of my head. A few weeks later, Luna Eclipsed was one of the Top Watced daily videos on YouTube, and I was hooked right after I checked it out.

The first two full episodes i watched were the first two! i was at my friend's house and she was doing my make-up for a dance or something and i told her i've been watching random clips of it on Youtube. Like you know the ones that just have random quotes from the show in them :P and so we watched them and i got hooked! My first reaction of the show was "omg fluttershy is so adorable!" :)

This was me in August: I was watching them commercials on the hub for a while now and they were so bright and colorful, I got my curiosity level rise about 67% up so I checked the info in the next episode (Green isn't your color) I loved it, it was so awesome and amazing I just wanted to keep smiling forever and ever, so I checked the next episode (Cutiemark Chronicles) which was going to be at 5:00 right after school, so I got home and changed the channel and from there ponies turned into my life, then I watched all of the episode the last one of the first season I watched for the first time was Swarm of the Century and I saw the youtube comments about bronies, then I met a small website where they posted pony pics I thought it was pretty good and then I saw Equestria Daily which was really awesome, and then I considered myself a Human brony lady person thing, I actually thought I was the only one who watched this at first XD

(edited)

I first watched MLP in late 2011 (December, I think), and I was kind of amused by it, but not totally of the mindset to watch more. The show had a lot of press, and folks that I knew online were avid fans, so my curiosity was piqued by those factors. I finally got the whole first season in mid-January of 2012 and began to watch it gradually before going whole pony in a short time period and running straight through the first season. I was pretty much hooked.

I wasn't terribly surprised by my affinity for it, though. It felt as natural as it could be, and I didn't really get into watching the show with negative preconceived notions. I owe that to my experience as a long-time Sailor Moon fan. With an open mind (and I suppose an open heart), I embraced MLP.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

November 28th, 2011 was the day I saw the show for the first time. My first episode was Suited for Success, and the only one I saw that day. I tried to convince myself I didn't like it, but I realized that night that I loved the episode and wanted more. I joined this forum 4 days later. :)

I blame cs188 for turning me into a Brony. Yes, a YoutubePooper ended up bronifying me.

I think it was in August 2011; Yeah, it was August; That one particular video was submitted on July 31, and it was during my first semester of college during that same month where the thoughts of ponies literally flooded my head.

Just looked back at my deviantART journals and I found the exact entry where I began declaring myself an MLP fan.

- Uhh,... I gave into MLP-FiM... But I find it essential, for the sake of keeping myself from getting lost in a sea of befuddlement (Because I find MLP fans on both Simtropolis and the Mincecraft Forums), and I think I can connect it to the Patty H/Destiny/Gemmy CoInt. And I like derpism. I was originally in it for the parodies, but that's what I said about Pingu...

Technically my first episode was a fragment of "Sonic Rainboom", the part where Fluttershy inhales a watermelon and her cheering crashes. (Remember how I said a YTP bronified me? Yeah. That one vid may not be appropriate for younger audiences, though.)

There was a second video that completed the bronification process for me (Another parody, and all I can remember was Duke Nukem, illegality, and Ba-Rock Obama), but it was long since taken down, and I forgot the title...

I don't even know what my first real episode was; I was relying on videos like Kyrospawn's...

-----

Ah, yes,... Before I forget,... Initial thoughts.

I was really really really really reluctant to watch MLP, even a parody of it, but afterwards, curiosity got the better of me.

And,... Why'd I join the herd? I never thought I would, but I did anyway, so I make the most out of something that would otherwise be considered a freak accident: What can I do to leave an impression on such communities? That's the one thing I ask myself all the time. I simply wanna be a part of a greater whole, and it especially helps to be on the same page as everyone else.

Edited by GDO29Anagram

My first time watching MLP was around the end of last November, I watched the two first episodes together. My inital thoughts about the show were, I don't dislike this but why the buck do I like it? I would like to say I didn't try to fight it a little, but I did. Luckily I got over that feeling eventually, I think it was when I watched Art of The Dress and first discovered how fabulous Rarity is.

I initally watched the show because I saw avatars and memes all over the internet showing off MLP. I try to tolerate things so I kind of just shrugged it off, but one day my curiosity got the better of me. I went to know your meme, typed in "mlp" and the first thing to pop up was Trollestia. The various pics kept me laughing for a good while, and I immediately fell in love with the memes. The memes lead me to the youtube videos, which lead me to the actual first episodes, and now here I am!

I actually remember watching the promos back in 2010 before it was released and my first tought was of disbelief, I really was amazed by the quality. I actually hadnt realized how big the show was before that whole 4chan fiasco

How I fount it:I am a fan of memes, A fan of games, A fan of media in general. Being an average Internet user of course Is tarted seeing MLP pop up everywhere, I got interested an after a While round about Nov 23rd I watched the pilot episodes.

Initial Thought: It's going to sound cheesy, but what actually caught my attention was the Animation. I am someone that analyses everything, be it screen, camera location, contunitity you name it, so of course this being an animated show, I immedialty began to analyse the animation, all most frame by frame at times. And..It was outstanding, I don't think alot of you know just how much work goes behind them tiny little animations, frame by frame, taking up to an hour to do 2 seconds of that 22min show.

The next part was the actual decent plot..I mean the story, if you read that in any other way..well anyways the story for a show like this was actually good, I liked it, I liked the characters, the stereo types of them, there personalty they were actually good, not some crap 2 fold personality like the majority of shows these days.

Post Pilot episode's: After a few days, thinking "Ok I have watched it, it's good, but i will leave it at that." I fount my self sitting at my computer writing an essay as usual, then finding my self clicking on the 3rd episode. Wait what? Why was I doing that, I don't know but I thought "Ok let's just watch it." That night i watched episode 3 to episode 15 straight. I did not know I was, it was a playlist, and I had it on fullscreen so i just went with it, before I knew it was 5am and I was only half way through my essay. So getting some sleep then finishing the essay, I went back and watched from episode 16 to episode 10 of season 2.

Me? A Brony?: It hit me when I fount my self listeing to music from the show on the bus to college. After that I knew there was no point fighting it. That was December 3rd.

I started watching it last september. I went from the first episode all the way up to the most recent one at the time before I ever came here or went on EqD or watched pmvs or anything. I didn't realise the community was anywhere near as big as it was.

There was hearsay here and there which i heard, but i never seriously paid any attention to it, like i said in my first/welcome post, i was truly introduced to it and started watching my first episodes through a mod which i regulary play. Which is called Garry's mod, basically you request youtube videos which are then displayed on the big screen infront of you, the map is just like a cinema. There are around 60-70 people in the same room during peak hours (weekends). It's fun watching it that way. Sure, there are some haters, but i dont pay attention to it. You can even buy a brony tag next to your ingame name... Or rent your own space for bronies to gather.

The first thing i thought? It was MLP, i knew i had previous experiences from the 90's, earlier generations, i nearly always zapped away to another channel, and i had to shed that nasty aftertaste and give this a chance. But i'm a very open-minded person, so i never brush aside anything that easy. I was very much suprised by the quality and intelligence of it. About an hour after i started looking on youtube for related fanwork like art and remixes. I was hooked from the start. It definitely has a positive effect on the way my days go by. It brings back a lot of nostalgia for some reason, which a lot of recent cartoons dont do for me anymore, most of it is garbage. I did go through the stage of "Why am i liking this?" for a short while, then i just thought "Because you just do, embrace it"... Easy as that.

Aside that, it brought back my desire to pick up art once again, which i havent done in ages. :)

Basically this, wich I believe is a comon story.

I was and still am a common memebase user. One time I noticed the page started getting flooded with pony stuff. I understood it was from My Little Pony but the drawing certainly looked cooler than the one I used to know. I assumed it was a cool adventure show starring cute drawn ponies, that was not very girly nor childish, I remember seeing pictures of Princess Celestia that said stuff like, Evil Returns, lets the kids handle it, so all I could do was assume it was an adventure show.

Then they dissapeared, but later I noticed there was a particular section for them, and checked it. I didn't get the jokes, so I left, but that was just when Hearts Warming Eve was released and from the pictures I still assumed it was an adventure show.

So one day, Im not sure when but it was after Christmas I was bored, and I decided to check it out, I had already thought of doing it before but I never had. So I watched it thinking I was gonna find a non childish non girly cool adventure show (of course, if everyone lkikes it must be like that)

I went straight for the first episode. It was kinda good, there was a cliche evil guy, and 6 great characters, I inmediatly fell in love with Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I began liking the rest later.

So, the show looked like it could be great, next, second episode.

And thats when I got very dissapointed. Second episode, beats manticore by taking out a thorn, there's a huge sea snake that is gay and cries over his mustache, and then Rarity cuts through her flesh to remove her tail, instead of just cutting a bit of steven's hair wich actually matched the mustache, Pinkie sings a very childish song and every laughs for no reason, and most important THEY DEFEAT THE EVIL GUY IN THE SECOND EPISODE. So much for cool adventure show.

So I was VERY dissapointed, but I had to watch the third episode, just to see if there isn't another evil guy. Turns out there isn't but the show is kinda cool and cute and funny, lets give it a chance. Watched fourth.

Even though i was dissapointed, I still kinda liked it, and just kept watching, one or two episodes a day. Then I realized I was hooked, I don't even know how it happened.

I still miss the idea of it being an adventure show and not defeating Nightmare Moon until the last episode

First thing I thought when watching S2E1 (first episode I watched) "..... Maybe I should watch the first episode before I watch this" Then I watched S1E1 and S1E2.... INSTA-BRONY.

And I became a BRONY myself. Oh and btw BRONY is in caps because stupid auto correct.

Ironicly, It was four(rule 1 and 2) that introduced me to MLP:FiM which was the last place I would be lurking in back then. Seeing the endless threads about animated ponies there made me interested about what was going on then. Consiquently, I found the KYM episode about MLP and after watching it, I decided to watch the first two episodes of MLP:FiM to see if it was as bad as people said it was, in other words, I wanted to see if the stereotypes were true.

After that, I was instantly hooked to it. The reason why I loved it so much is because I felt all warm inside when I watched the episodes (and maybe because I am a furry, I don't know). After that , I discovered MLPforums when it was only a m... Nevermind, that's another story...

I watched my first episode in November last year. Couple of days before Thanksgiving. unlike most bronies, I got curious and dived head first into the pilot, and got hooked instantly. Next the I knew I was watching the latest episode the next day (Stayed up all night)

I actually found out about this MLP Fandom from a Rpg Maker XP Forum. Some guy was making a MLP Based RPG. I googled MLP FiM and seen the knowyourmeme article. So I then decided to see what this show was.

Now here I am months later posting this :wub:

Edited by Skar

I recall watching one of the older My Little Pony shows....My fascination with FiM started due to Memes, 4Chan, and YTP videos. Pinkie Pie really grabbed me, and reeled me in, with the assistance of Rainbow Dash.

I gave in and started with the Diamond Dogs episode, as that was what the TV aired the next morning. That was something like a week ago now, and I'm sorry to say I still haven't seen many episodes...I almost never get the T.V. and the only internet access in the house is on a phone.