Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite fanfiction is now canon.

Mand'alor Dash

66 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this?

• Ecstatic! I love that the writers are embracing outside influences.
    • Great. I personally think my favorite would be a great addition to continuity.
    • Mixed. I'm happy for my favorite to be recognized, but recent events in the show have ruined some parts of it.
    • Worried. Show writers shouldn't need to rely on fans for ideas.
    • Oh, crap. My favorite fanfic is Cupcakes.
  2. 2. How would it affect the show?

• Positively. X character is developed more, Y plotline is better fleshed out, and Z just feels more enjoyable now.
    • Neutrally. Sure, X has been improved, but I think Y would have been better without outside influence.
    • Not at all. No real changes as far as I can tell.
    • Negatively. Now Z just feels ruined! And don't even get me started on W!

My favorite fanfic is canon?  Oooh boy.  Poor Scootaloo better watch out for Rainbow Dash...

...because my favorite fic is "Summer Fun", a delightful comedy in which Dash plays silly pranks on the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Wait, what were you thinking?

Well played.  Everybody and their brother, and their brother's roommate's girlfriend's hairstylist was pretty much thinking this:

Rainbow_factory_by_doom1945-d4jfn9p.jpg

I'm sorry, but I think most people here know my feelings on this fanfic... I... I... no, I refuse to ever let Cupcakes be canon. No... I HAVE SPOKEN! And I will speak once more through this video right here.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Personally, I kind of respect Cupcakes for what it is, a well-written, gore-strewn horror fic. Though I agree that it being canon would be a terrible thing.

The Immortal Game: ....Violence! War! Blood! Twilight Kills Rarities Father!

Yeah, this just got rated teen. Would love to see it happen though.

Spike's Rainbow Dash: BWHAHAHAHAHA. If this was canon then it would be a great addition to the show. I'm waiting for it to be an episode. Total romance, betting, tragic moments, comedy, it has it all. 

This fanfic would fit in just at home in the canon-verse.

Time for a game of "guess the fanfiction" with TheSteampunkNinja!

If this fanfiction were canon, then every single story, OC, tumblr blog, and universe would be considered canon. A certain little filly travels between different mulitverses collecting shattered crystals that were once her mentor so that she can get home again and make everything right.

If you guess it you get a cookie

If you have read it you get 2 cookies

If you've read and you loved it, you get 2 cookies and a glass of milk.

Good luck.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Time for a game of "guess the fanfiction" with TheSteampunkNinja!

If this fanfiction were canon, then every single story, OC, tumblr blog, and universe would be considered canon. A certain little filly travels between different mulitverses collecting shattered crystals that were once her mentor so that she can get home again and make everything right.

If you guess it you get a cookie

If you have read it you get 2 cookies

If you've read and you loved it, you get 2 cookies and a glass of milk.

Good luck.

Do we still earn the cookie if we cheated and searched it on EQD?

Either way, this fic looks really interesting. I'll have to read it some time.

Burning Emotions.

Soooo... Sugarcube Corner burns down and Fluttershy cheers a depressed Pinkie Pie up. Pinkie develops feelings for Flutters.
I don't know. As much as I love PinkieShy, a Mane 6 x Mane 6 pairing becoming canon would probably change things a little too much. Besides, the premise seems a little dark. I really don't know what I'd think.

Personally, I kind of respect Cupcakes for what it is, a well-written, gore-strewn horror fic. Though I agree that it being canon would be a terrible thing.

I only respect it because it opened the gates for better horror fics to be made, it was just "meh" on it's own, but it did broach the subject so darker fics that were actually good could start popping up. 

If my favorite fic was cannon(and that's a tough question, so I'm picking the one that'll give the biggest WTH out of my possible choices for that honor)

Pinkie Pie has a dead little sister, Fluttershy's Dad was a abusive asshole, there's an insane serial killer in the back of the Canterlot prison somewhere rotting away in solitude, there's a ancient evil that might was well be hell itself resting under Ponyville, and Fluttershy and Dash shacked up.  

My favorite fanfiction is My Little Dashie. I find it a very good fan fiction so, it wouldn't be affected in the show in any way possible. If it was canon, I wouldn't mind.

Well, somebody else already mentioned "The Games We Play", so I guess I'll have to mention another fic. Aside from that one, "So Long and Thanks For All The Ponies" is one of my favorites - but can you imagine how screwed the universe would be if Twilight got her hooves on an Infinite Improbability Drive? 

The Doctor meets Twilight and she becomes his companion.

Well, the DerpyxDoctor shippers will go ballistic, but I ship DoctorxTwilight anyway so HOORAY!!!

You do realize that of all the shipping groups the Doctor Derpy guys are the most dedicated and easily irritated of the lot. Going against their ship is like spitting on their sainted mother.

• Brohoof 1

You do realize that of all the shipping groups the Doctor Derpy guys are the most dedicated and easily irritated of the lot. Going against their ship is like spitting on their sainted mother.

No different than Zutara and BBxRaven or any warring pony ships in this fandom.

Oddly enough, this is the only "majority" couple I've ever encountered in a fandom that I don't ship.

Sweet Apple Massacre is now canon? Sweet! laugh.png Can't wait to see what happens next!

But on a serious note, my favourite fanfic is Unmarked and is actually set alongside events in the show, so it wouldn't really affect anything.

My favorite fanfic (and the only one I've legitimately 100% read) is 'The Amazingly Awesome Tank the Tortoise by R. Dash'  it was especially touching and had a great deal of believable development for RD.  I thoroughly recommend it to those interested.  Warning it does have some heartstrings tugging in it.

• 5 years later...

Let's see... Fallout: Equestria. Yeah, it would go good for a movie, but everypony dies, we have a M+ because of the Littlepip and Homage (or as I like to call her "Ownage")"tender" moment, and the whole mane cast and Princesses are dead. Hooray.

For second, we have Muffins. A sequel to Cupcakes. Yay...

You guessed it. Cupcakes. And don' get me started on this.

A Rainbow's End. RD dies. No comment.

The ONLY clean fanfic I think I ever read, was My Little Dashie. It would make great fun if Lauren just said that a fanfic was confirmed. Rainbow Dash gone for two weeks would make the fandom believe that the comfirmed fanfic was Cupcakes. And MLD would make a great emotional moment and character and world building.

P.S. I didn't cry at My Little Dashie!

So humans with marks (analogous to cutie-marks) on their hands, has fallen in Equestria through a magical Crystal storm. A 8 years old boy is discovered in Ponyville while a 5 years old girl is discovered in Canterlot. Fluttershy and Luna took the boy and girl under their wing respectively as mothers.

Those humans have ties bond with several mellania old Equestria and a terrible cataclysm which vanished a whole races. 

I'd love it, if it could be cannon. Alas.

Only fanfiction of MLP I've uh... know about.. is my own.  Which I've not written down, but I... is the right word 'day dream'?  I dunno, but I play the events in my head.  So I don't think it counts anyways.