Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

As long as the fanbase continues producing content it will last forever. I can see all the really talented bronies banding together to continue the show, with the guy who animated this at the head-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdL4z5qfr4&list=FL7YPydkEQDYdaf2PU4RlelA&feature=mh_lolz

As for the actual show, I see it lasting as long as it has a large viewership and is successful enough to bring in profit. In other words, until the show jumps the shark" and all the bronies stop watching, which I doubt will happen. Even so, we're committed enough to continue watching.

Edited by Rarietty

Personally, I want around 7 seasons. I don't want the show to be killed off while it's in it's prime, but I also don't want the quality of the show to go down the toilet so Hasbro can make a ton of money. I believe in the staff members, and I believe that this show can stay good for a long time.

One thing that may comfort you guys.

When G5 does roll around, Hasbro would have to be completely moronic not to incorporate what worked about G4 when they have a whole subculture in the palm of their hands.

Do people honestly think they'll say "G4 saved our brand from being mind numbing Shlock and gave us millions of fans wanting more.. Let's go back to the older gens style with a more limited demographic and worse critical reception."

Even if G5 won't live up to expectation, I think it wil be watchable because I think they get now that respecting their audiences intelligence is good for the brand. The won't devolve it to tea parties again if they are smart.

Believe me, I would love for the show to go on forever, it's expertly done in everyway. We have conventions and amazingly talented people doing fan works. But how long will all of these last? I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm honestly asking how long you believe this fandom will go on for.

I've been thinking about this many times but I hope that doesn't happen, at least not before I lose interest in MLP:FIM.

Edited by Cloud Chaser

Until something significant happens, like if Hasbro decided to hire a bunch of dimwits who don't know how to run a franchise, and just forget about the bronies and just move on to G5.

...okay, well. Maybe not that middle part, but still. My primary prediction for the whole fandom breaking down is for the inspiration that is the pure blood that runs the fandom going, to all go away. A fandom can't really live if it had no content to rejoice over or celebrate. Friendship is Magic is what keeps this whole thing alive. It goes away, we...start to go away. We will be around a while longer after, but not much I don't think.

I think about that many times too. Maybe in a few years people will start to loose their interest. Switch over to another thing.

MLP is what brought us all together. It might end when the show is long done. But let's not worry about that and enjoy it while it lasts because, yeah.

Why can't people just say that it will last for a long time after the show ends and just be happy? Posts like this make me depressed.

I'm just going to say a long time after the show ends.

• Brohoof 2

Well considering other fandoms tend to go well past the 'golden age' of the product or series, I'd say quite a while. Look at Pokemon. The games are still popular and even those who don't like the newest generations still like it. The show has been pretty bad but the franchise is -still- as popular as it was 17 years ago.

I don't know if the current MLP fandom will last that long but hey, FiM wasn't the only MLP and fans who have seen all of the 4 generations are still around to enjoy this one. I don't think this fandom, especially at such a large scale, will end anytime soon.

Edited by MetalGearP0n3

I hope for a while. But like MGP0N3 said, there are fans out there that have seen all four gens, and considering how huge the MLP:FiM fandom is it doesn't look like it'll be ending anytime in the near future.

The fandom shall last FOREVER! Seriously I think the show will last a long time, it's just too good to end soon and, as William would say, seasons, many seasons. Even when the show will end, I doubt the community will die fast.

i think for a while even after the show is done i mean there will always be fanfics and pmv and parody stuff its not like there all gonna be instantly be deleted in 1 day right? :3

Well, judging by how vast our fanbase is, I'm assuming that it'll last for a very long time, but really you never know.

I'm looking at it positively, I don't think such a huge fandom would just all of a sudden dissapear.

A long time. It has a ton of steam goin between the actual show's team itself and the fanbase helping it along. Plus, you know what? Things like this, are exactly why that even after Hasbro stops making episodes, the fanbase will continue to make their own episodes of near same quality if not the same quality, for who knows how long.

• Brohoof 2

I think the people who do things like roleplay, draw, or animate will be around for quite some time after the show ends even if things aren't the same. I'm in a few other fandoms that don't have any new shows, games, etc, where everyone's own ideas and creativity are still keeping them busy. In comparison to before it's pretty quiet, but eh.

I agree with enjoying it while it lasts, though. ;)

Edited by Cakesplat

My Little Pony: The Next Generation

I favor the Star Trek model. Its fandom didn't even begin to take off until after the show ceased production. It grew in syndication. Given the niche nature of children's programming, I strongly suspect that, from a historical perspective, the vast majority of Pony fans haven't even seen the show yet.

Long after the show ends production, future fans will still be able to see it for the first time and appreciate it, because the themes of the show are universal and timeless.

Considering the fact that Friendship is Magic has an unusually passionate and active adult fandom, it's not a stretch to presume that many of the girls who watch the show (yes, little girls do, in fact, watch the show, or so I've heard) will remain fans as they grow up, and influence their daughters as well.

And lest we forget, the show isn't over yet. If the stanzas of a certain poem are to be interpreted literally, we can expect "many seasons" to come.

It's not unprecedented. Just ask The Simpsons.

A long time. It has a ton of steam goin between the actual show's team itself and the fanbase helping it along. Plus, you know what? Things like this, are exactly why that even after Hasbro stops making episodes, the fanbase will continue to make their own episodes of near same quality if not the same quality, for who knows how long.

Oh dear Discordian Luna!(I honestly don't know.) That's amazing! Thanks so much for linking that!

<3

I hope for a while. But like MGP0N3 said, there are fans out there that have seen all four gens, and considering how huge the MLP:FiM fandom is it doesn't look like it'll be ending anytime in the near future.

technically 5 gens

don't forget about that horribe horrible horrible...

oh you know what i'm talking about

G3.5

technically 5 gens

don't forget about that horribe horrible horrible...

oh you know what i'm talking about

G3.5

As Pinkie Pie says

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1zZAyLemrI

But seriously I think we will be a bit like Trekies. the show may be long gone but we will still love it.

and what about battlestar galactica? :( it was a show too!

We already had a thread for discussing how long the brony fandom will last, so I merged your thread with it. Please use the search function next time in order to avoid making duplicate threads. :)