Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

It'll fade away after the last quality season, maybe one or two years more. Then we'll all go about our business...BUT THEN, years later, there will be a reunion with everypony all gathering round with our carefully preserved T-shirts on and our old plushies from the good 'ol days.

I best be getting myself some T-shirts to preserve O_O

Edited by Bluebell

"How long will it last?"

The real question is:

"How long are you willing to make it last"

Because thats how long it shall live.

So basically forever. No wait... 5ever. Thats one more than forever. ;) Just for good measure.

Don't think too much about that, just "enjoy the ride".

And just think about all the friends you have made after becoming a brony!

I've made 2 or 3, and hope to make more.

I'll remain a brony forever. Even if everypony leaves the fandom, I will remain and be a weirdo all on my own if I must.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo

I'll remain a brony forever. Even if everypony leaves the fandom, I will remain and be a weirdo all on my own if I must.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo

Don't worry I'll still be here, and we can be weirdos together and if anybody else wants to join us they can too.
  • Brohoof 1

In my opinion, the Brony phenomenon will last many years after the show's end. While most are teens and young adults, the show will still hold a place in most Brony's hearts. For me, every time I see the original Sonic the Hedgehog show, I watch it. It holds a part of my heart from my childhood. MLP FIM will do the same thing. I hope the show last's for awhile, but it will end at some point. Most of us will forget about it. But once we hear the unmistakeable theme song, it will return to our hearts. At least for me. I hope it's the same for everypony else

I'm not going to abandon MLP FiM. I'll be a brony forever, to keep the good memories throughout time. Because this show has left a special signature in every brony's heart and it will be with them for the rest of their lives. :wub:

I'm hoping it'll be here to stay for a long while. But who knows? Things that seem like they'll be here forever usually end up passing. Like Nintendo - I can't go to school with Nintendo merchandise anymore without getting a bunch of remarks from people claiming Nintendo sucks. When I was younger, Nintendo was considered to be amazing. Now, all of a sudden, it's "Xbox360 this, PS3 that".

I think I'll remain one after the fandom sizzles down, but who knows what the future holds.

This fandom will go on as long as there is one brony existing. As for how long we will last, that is entirely up to us. I plan on making my time in this fandom well spent like helping the others either through the life advice section or in actual physical assistance. If there is a way to allow this fandom to continue after the final episode airs then I will try and succeed in postponing the death of the worlds most unexpected fandom.

I think it's going to have at least 6 seasons. People responsible for making show aren't idiots and they know how popular and profitable it is.

Personally, I'd like it to last forever :wub:

It will last until they start writing episodes that are inferior or grow the power level of the ponies to a point where it no longer makes sense. We are about to have a short for some reason 3rd season... Makes me wonder when they will start the 4th season with only 13 new episodes. I mean a REALLY LONG hiatus could really hurt the franchise.

If they really mess it up, I can see the 4th season being the last one. If they manage to continue making a good show and do not do anything stupid with it, 7 or 8 total seasons before it fades off. Most likely number being inbetween the two(IE 5 or 6).

5 or 6 seasons seems to be a realistic amount for MLP. That's about the time when the content becomes much weaker for many cartoons...but the herd will continue to live on as long as people stay dedicated to the show.

i think it will last for maybe 9 or 11 seasons...i hope!!! but it probably last for 6 or 7 seasons. and after that their well be a hole new series of mlp on the hub :wub:

I say (and definatly hope for) at least 6-8 seasons.... But season 3 is only 13 episodes so who knows.......Maybe it's only 13 because the episodes are an hour long :D

I wish...

many people seem to think this is just a "fad" or "trend" and that it will unavoidably die, do you think bronies will end? do you think the fandom will disappear?

"when the fandom and the pony craze die down"

"when those days come that we may no longer enjoy all things pony-related"

i don't want it to end! i know that i'll always be obsessed but .. i want to talk to people about it, enjoy the many arts inspired by it, laugh at the posts on equestria daily ... what do you guys think? in our lifetime, i just feel like, as an individual "i won't let that happen" but what can i do? i don't know what to think, too many people have given up on this series already =_O it's only about to become season 3...

talk to me guys, give me your honest view

what!? someone else, made this on exactly the same day, with exactly the same tags... :wacko: now i'm confused :unsure:

Edited by Amelia Monocle

It will end one day, when the series ends and everyone generally loses interest. Of course, it might have a legacy, but by then there'll probably something new that everyone is flocking to.

well... star wars is still popular and has a huge fanbase. and there aren't actually any bigger fanbases for one particular thing/show than this, star wars and star trek my friend. so i'm guessing the brony's probably wont be gone for maybe about 30-40 years.

Edited by anonymstol
  • Brohoof 1