Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I'm planning on becoming an animation writer when I'm older :D so, If I am granted the opportunity to work with those in development of G5, I will do my best to create a work of art. hey, maybe the Brony fandom will rise from the dead. IT SHALL BE AWESOME! IT MUST

As feld0 stated, the show and the fandom left a real mark on society, and it's still getting bigger,

there have been shows in the past that have had reboots and are still populer, like classics, will mlp:fim become a classic in the future?

Who knows, but I doubt it's gonna die ANY TIME SOON.

Once the last episode airs, it's not just gonna poof up into thin air, creativity only stops if you let it stop, we are making a huge impact on this world. even if we only have 2 or 3 seasons left, who knows what's going to happen? The show is not over yet, and who knows what direction this fandom is gonna go. Could it end up being one of those shows that people just inheriently like (something like familyguy)? Maybe...this fandom is getting larger, and it's going to stick arround for a while, even after the show ends.

In terms of the future of MLP...well it's not like hasbro really cares about us, only little girls (in terms of MLP) so it's very unlikely G5 will be anything of interest, but Lauren is still arround, her future plans may be just as awesome, so I say we enjoy what we have know, and look at the future with our chins up.

Because I think this is only the beggining...

I think with the sheer size of the fanbase, the show could go on for as long as 6 seasons. We know there's a guaranteed 3rd season and I'm hoping there's a guaranteed 4th season but it could die down from there.

As for still being a brony. I think it'd be similar to right now when there are no new episodes showing. I'll still be a brony but the hype kind of dies down in between seasons.

And as for g5, I don't really know what it'll be like or if there even will be a g5 for that matter.

I hink i could end up going for a very long time. It has what is basically a colt (ha ha bad pun) following. Shows like hat often stay on for a while

example: doctor who:26 seasons (so far), bleach:16 seasons (so far), pokemon:14 seasons (so far), and naruto shippuden:12 seasons (so far) .

Just to name a few. So why talk about the end of the series? Talk about what will happen next in the series.

i think the show will be going on for a very long time,a little bit like pokemon, cause that show has about 12 or 13 seasons! I think the show will be like that, and even if it does, ill still be a brony.

i think the show will be going on for a very long time,a little bit like pokemon, cause that show has about 12 or 13 seasons! I think the show will be like that, and even if it does, ill still be a brony.

I'm guessing that there will be 1-2 more seasons with the Mane 6, then maybe the CMC and/or some other fillies will take their place. Here's what I see happening

Twilight - Joins Celestia at her side

Applejack - Works on her family's farm full time. Or maybe a branch of her family's farm opens, and she goes to manage it

Rarity - Becomes a big hotshot fashion designer in some big city

Fluttershy - Becomes a full time veterinarian

Pinkie Pie - Starts a party planner business

Rainbow Dash - Joins the Wonderbolts

It's fitting IMO, each of the Mane 6 achieving their dreams, while stepping aside for a new generation to shine.

Edited by Jason Caternolo

If the seasons of MLP does end, I hope G5 will still feature the same characters and voice actors and animation style similar to G4, because the animation style from G4 was WAY better than other cartoon shows, and the voice actors and the songs were top-notch in my opinion. If they were really going to add G5, I hope that they'll add similar style to it and keep the FiM feeling to it.

Even if G4 would end, doesn't mean I will no longer be a brony. I'll still be a brony for the time being andbe able to do MLP work, like on Photoshop, or even drawing MLP OC characters and create a fanfic of my own around next year. Heck, I'll even buy the MLP DVDs so I can re-watch it, even though I would be teased by my family (except my parents), so you know, even if it might end, it'll never end permanently. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

6-7 seasons. I don't think the upcoming third season will be the last seeing as the show is still very popular and the audience is still growing. As long as there's more people watching the show an enough merchandise being sold they will continue the show.

I do however hope that if they decide to stop, that they stop while the show is still good. I would hate to see it slowly die.

I think it should last 6-9 seasons more. Why? Because we've seen what the writers can do, and I highly doubt it'll ever come to the point where the quality goes down.

(Plus it's not going to end in the 3rd season, because they said themselves there will be more seasons.)

Edited by Dusty Soul

I'm thinking four seasons, five tops. As time passes the writers will want to move on to other things or follow Faust to whatever new show she's already working on (she's quite an idea person), and every story they want to do will have already been done. FIM is popular, but not so popular that they'll drag it out just to keep it around, and I think that's for the best.

:huh: Hmmm... I doubt they've slated the show for a fixed number of seasons yet. As long as a decent number of the original writers/animators stay with the show, and it keeps grabbing decent ratings, I imagine production will continue (at this point) for an indefinite period of time. If I had to guess, I'd say we could probably get at least six seasons from this show at this point, although some of the later seasons may be reduced in length as Season 3 is going to be.

Usually when you're dealing with the animation industry, popularity doesn't necessarily mean that a show might have a crapload of seasons. Shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons only get more episodes simply because of their merchandising value and how well their season DVDs sell. Other creative shows like Batman: The Animated Series or Animaniacs simply end on a much shorter length because they just weren't either getting as much profit or ratings the WB was hoping for, regardless of fan popularity. It's not like when you're dealing with shows like The Office or House. They were put off the air by their own creators, and the only thing that kept them alive was the ratings and fanbase, not the merchandising.

Due to this, it's really hard to tell how many more seasons FiM can actually last. Knowing Hasbro, they probably want to move on to another toy franchise of theirs to animate so that they can get more profit from merchandising it. MLP is immensely popular, but if you're talking about business here, then it's complicated to really say.

There is no way in hell Hasbro would let Friendship is Magic end when they can still make money from it. I can see the show lasting for at least 6 seasons. Equestria is a fairly big country, so there is room for all kinds of adventures for the Mane 6 to find themselves on long before the show becomes even slightly stale.

4 or 5 seasons sounds reasonable enough to me. I love MLP, but I don't want a million episodes that are just "meh" Im glad that even after Lauren left the show was still great, so I don't doubt they couldn't keep it going for a while longer.

I'm not really sure...I don't want it to last forever, don't want it to go dry from running out of source material but then again...there's always the chance of introducting a new Equestria, new princess and etc that continues on like this series with the cutie mark crusaders and other characters that join them

even so...not sure really but I'm guessing it'll last for a while due to how popular the series has gotten now

How many seasons? Well nobody knows now, but if the fandom continues for a while and the writers keep on writing good stories, then maybe there should be OVER 9000 SEASONS

http-~~-//youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik

Seriously though, my guess is around 5-6 seasons. I hope it lasts longer than that, but most TV shows cant keep up the quality after so many seasons. Lets hope FIM is different.

DANGIT You beat me to it

Edited by caesar15

With three seasons assured and a fourth and fifth highly likely, is it premature to talk about the series' demise so soon? Not really. All TV shows end eventually. Even the Simpsons will someday stop production despite previous "promises" that that the 20th, 21st, etc. season would be their last.

I find myself siding with the quality over quantity crowd. I love the Powerpuff Girls and the 1980s Chipmunks cartoons, but it was clear that in the later years they were struggling to come up with ideas to keep them fresh.

If MLP:FiM has a lasting legacy, it will be this: It IS possible to make cartoons that are entertaining and suitable for small children which grown ups can enjoy just as much.

• 2 months later...

People say this is a temporary fad. But I doubt it. This is something that is lightning in a bottle. Anything MLP related get's millions of views on youtube. Brony con is a dedicated convention to all things brony related and it's been around for a while. I don't think this will die out. I tuink it's here to stay the 4th gen of MLP has brought the franchise to a new level and the fans will keep the series alive

I posted this because my brother said it's a fad that will be forgotten. But I dn't believe him

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 11

It unfortunately will die down eventually (long after the shows inevitable end) but it will never completely disappear it will always have dedicated fans who came for the show and stayed for the community. All good things must come to and end but its not going to happen for a long time. 

• Brohoof 2

Lets see. We have the Marvel and Dc fandoms that have lassted over 50 years. Yet, we have created more content then both of them.

Not to mention, R34.5 is "If it exsists there is ponies of it.".

The people eho say such things are just paranoid.

• Brohoof 8