Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

Well I hope that the show lasts like mega big time long(Like idk 10 seasons? :P. I'm always welcome to more hehe.) but realisiticly speaking I'm thinking the shows gonna end after about 5-6 seasons. Maybe longer depending on how long they can continue to make quality episodes.

I don't really know though, for all we know S4 could be the last season, although I really hope not :/. Regardless one thing we do know is that the show will probably continue as long as the bronies(Us) like it, so that means basically as long as the shows still good :P.

I really don't want the show to end though :P, I don't even know what i'll do after it ends :(. I guess I'll find something to wait for each week :P.

I feel like realistically 5-6 sounds about right, depending on how well the writers do again, and how much hasbro milks it for.

85 seasons, yep, 85 exactly. I just hope that the scriptwriters dont start to suck and the show gets lame, even if it does, it's better than stopping and leaving us with nothing, in my opinion. And Equestria girls will hopefully have 1 season, maybe even half a season if we're lucky :D

• Brohoof 1

It depends on a number of things. The show has to remain a money maker and a ratings success. And right now, we don't have to worry about that because it's the #1 show on The Hub. And as long as toys and merchandise prove profitable, then we have even more assurance for more seasons. Friendship is Magic has proven itself to be a huge success. I can see the show going on for many more seasons. If a has-been cartoon like SpongeBob can sink in quality as badly as it has and yet still go on for 9-10 seasons, MLP can easily get to that point, especially if they keep putting in the same kind of love and care in each season as they have been. And with all the new merchandise they're pumping out as well as a new IP and a future TV movie in the works, then obviously they find this show a top priority. I personally hope they milk all they can out of this series, but only if they can keep putting out a top quality show because that's why we're all here in the first place.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

It depends on many factors.

There are ways that this show can last past say 5 or 6 seasons without lowering too much in quality,

Its just a matter of putting much love an effort Into the show.

There is also the possibility for filler episodeds that could help the longevity of the show. These fillers can answer some unanswered questions, or they can just be fun episodeds.

In any case you also have to consider that it is rated the #1 show on the Hub and I believe TVGuide also rated it the #1 show in America. The Shows ratings are high. Also think about the millions of dollars in profits from merchandise and people buying episodes. Hasbro will try to keep this show running until the last drop is spilled.

Considering I trust the writers I believe that they can pull of enough episodes past say season 5 and still have the quality in the show we love.

However in the end only time will tell.

(In anycase you can't deny that there is a possibility for a 100th episode. Admit it, you want it as well).

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the fourth season is the last one. The fact that we received a fourth season at all is incredible and a testament to how much of an impression we made on Hasbro. Without our clear interest in the show, it would have ended with season three and we'd be mourning the show's completion.

But given the amount of outrage the fandom's experienced with the season three finale, I could easily see Hasbro reacting too slowly and cancelling the show in response to that outrage even if our interest goes back up with season four. In other words, season four could be the best season ever, but because Hasbro is a corporate entity, they might still react too slowly and choose not to order up a fifth season because they'd think there wouldn't be any money in it anymore.

On the other hand, if season four ends up being complete drek, we'll have wished it ended at season three while the show at least still had some dignity...

• Brohoof 1

No, I am my self know already that I am not going to quit being one. even if the show ends. I'll be a brony Till I die. Even if I'll have a family. I won't even going to think of giving up the fandom...

As long as they keep making money on it and as long as it keeps boosting toy sales.

Worst case scenario they have a break before rebooting it into a new generation or rebooting it into a new location with different characters. In that case it's a coin toss on whether it will be any good, but since MLP has been around for quite awhile I doubt that if this generation ended it would be permanent. 

Honestly, I would like it to stop with the thirteen episodes confirmed for season three, and a finale movie. The longer a series go, the quality usually suffers; I'd rather have three kickass completed seasons than seven more subpar ones. Unless the awesome guys at Studio B can keep the show fresh akin to something like The Simpsons or South Park

The Simpsons?

Is that a joke or... the Simpsons is dead or dying, they were seriously considering ending it, the writers have struggled to make good episodes and in my opinion even the animation has lost its charm when they switched to computer-drawn.

South Park has been kind of "meh" lately as well.

I'd also like to see it go on for as long as they can keep it fresh, hopefully another 2 or 3 seasons, ideally.... foreveeeer (although come on, that's not gonna happen :( ).

Howdy all!

I dont think Hasbro isnt that dumb.

If the sales are good they'll continue the cash cow in the MLP franchise.

As for S4 being the last.

Its anyones guess & in Hasbro's court.

Why cancel something thats bringing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ fer the comapany?

They be making suicide if thats the case.

And lets not forget the MLP Movie & new IP.

(More at SDCC this summer)

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

Well as we should all hopefully know Equestria qirls is coming out and I think after season 4 it will go to thats for 2 seasons and then gen 4.5 will come out (Ponies looking the same...) and then it will carry on....

FOREVER 

There's enough fan creativity to keep it going (look at Star Trek's longevity) but there will be a dying out then the show goes off the air or enough people say the end is neigh and jump ship. Nothing to worry about, it's fun while it lasts. Nothing last forever but nothing truly dies out. We'll likely have fun stories to tell are kids and play them oour dvd's or watch it in syndication for another generation to fall in love with.

Other fandoms still exists long after the series has ended.

Star Trek ended years ago and it's still popular. I see people still watching episodeds of it.

I for one will stay with the fandom long after the show has ended. And it is us the fans that will keep the how alive, long after the series has ended.

When is a series truly dead?

Is it when new episodeds no longer come out?

Is it when the series stops airing at all including reruns?

No

A show is truly dead when it has been forgotten.

Because of how huge of an impact this show has made, I doubt this show will be forgotten for years to come. We the current fans, the future fans, and the people who have supported us, but not the show itself will help keep this show alive long after it stops airing.

As for having a relationship with a non-fan of FIM?

Well we can always compromise. Besides in my case it would also have to be about other things such as my love for LoZ.

I wouldn't even think of the fact that bronies would dissapear in time. The thought looks so strange and unreal...
But I guess everyone has to move on with their lives as well so that would mean a diminishing of the fandom perhaps. I'm not leaving anytime soon though *pinkie promis*

Personally I plan on staying as long as I can. It's the community and fan work that keeps me interested in being a Brony, not just the show.

Even when the show ends I'm sure this forum will still be alive and kicking and I'm certain I'll still want to be a part of that. I don't think the fandom is going anywhere right now.

We are one of the largest if not the largest Internet communities out there. Let's also think of it like this. Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, and DC fans have all stayed faithful to the fanbases. I just don't see us dying out anytime soon. We a huge and we're only getting larger. 

Between seasons 2 and 3, I left the fandom by choice, because I wanted to pursue other things. For those who did the same, I think it's just some phase when you want to take a break from something and you just go for it. Personally, I haven't seen anyone leave the fandom completely (or actually try to leave). I tried leaving the fandom between that time, and it didn't work. By season 3 I came back with full force, and I don't see myself leaving this amazing fandom anytime soon. It's one of the things that make me happy everyday. :3