Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I would say AT THE BARE MINIMUM at LEAST 5 Seasons

It is the hubs most popular show and I would of thought it has the largest fan base (us :D) of all the shows, so why would they end it so soon? I would wish it lasts for 10 or more seasons but you never know how fast it's popularity will go down! So let's keep hasbro motivated in investing in this franchise and Brony on! Make the most of it while we've got it!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been involved in the fandom for a year now, and I'm proud to say it's one of the best things I've ever been a part of. Please take time to read this because my point only really makes sense at the end.

While I've discovered many corners of the fandom - art, music, fanfics, fan-made episodes - there is obviously dark parts that I haven't explored. However, this isn't my point.

My point is I love to create art, write fanfics and I've recently practised composing music. These are all great ways to get involved in the fandom. Art and stories make me happy, and other Bronies to. But I'd really love to be able to compose real music, that I can sing to, make cover songs, and I'd also really love to try my hand at voice acting for YouTube videos. But it's just not possible for me - not at this age, not in my household. Partly because my parents aren't totally in on the Brony fandom but mostly because I've got nowhere or no time to record or because I'm too embarressed to speak or sing out loud to a frickin microphone. My mum and dad are gonna think I'm crazy. My worry of someone hearing me completely knocks my self confidence so that even when I stand in the middle of a deserted field or I'm at home alone, I still feel awkward when ''performing.'' First of all, I want to overcome this fear, but getting my main point now... the only way I think I can do this is waiting another 4 or 5 years, till I perhaps live by myself or I'm at university or whatever and I'll be able to do this things freely. 

I get inspired to do things like this by YouTubers like EileMonty, AwkwardMarina etc. and I just don't know how they do it! They're both older than me, which gives me the impression that they have time to do it, but if I  think about what they do in their spare time too much it starts to make me think they're slightly aimless.

Of course I have thought of the future many times - what I wanna be, what I'm gonna do - and I've just thought that providing voices for such things would be such a great hobby. But I've considered this fitting in with daily life style, jobs, friends, money... everything. It just baffles me. 

I wanted to know whether the MLP, or more importanly the Brony fandom, will still be around for another 5 or so years, so that if I were to try these things, I could still have the support, inspiration and encouragement of all the Brony artists, authors, musicians... you name it out there! The thing is... I don't know how I can ever forget MLP and how it's changed my life.... it's one of the best things that ever happened to me. And, yes, I did have a life before. But MLP has just brought a new lease of life, introduced so many more hobbies and elements and friends that make me happy. I don't wanna grow up without this, I wanna have it close to my heart forever... Some of you will have been Bronies from the very first episode of season 1, I guess, so you've lived four years of pure joy.... you've had time to think about what you wanna do with your life. I bet MLP has influenced yours', right? I bet some of you have considered jobs or major hobbies from just the fandom brought to you itself? 

Do you see the point I'm trying to get across? I don't know what else I can say.... When I say I don't want MLP to ever end... I really mean it.

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)
  • Brohoof 15

Dude.  Word. 

This is the most legit thing I have ever read on this site. 

I totally agree that the fandom should live on forever, just like Star Wars.  They have been hosting cons for generations, and I'm happy to say that my little siblings are totally on board.  ^_^

• Brohoof 4

Even if the show isn't still making new episodes in 4 or 5 years, I'm pretty confident that the Brony community will still be pretty active, if not as active as it is right now. I feel like the Brony community is a lasting community, and will still be going after the end of Friendship is Magic.

And even if it isn't still active in the next 4 years, nothing's gonna stop you from being able to make MLP art. I'm sure people will still be interested in seeing your art. :)

Edited by Link
  • Brohoof 4

I would assume another 4 years, but ehhhh... no.

But, for my actual answer:

forever. this community will live forever.

MLP changed my life, and I want this to live forever.

• Brohoof 3

It might be around for a while then when the next generation comes, it will still be around.

Everything passes from generation to generation, I hope for the fandom to pass from generation to generation as well.

• Brohoof 3

Dude.  Word. 

This is the most legit thing I have ever read on this site. 

I totally agree that the fandom should live on forever, just like Star Wars.  They have been hosting cons for generations, and I'm happy to say that my little siblings are totally on board.  happy.png

My siblings are also totally hooked. Even if we get to a point when there are no official bronies left, there will always be closet bronies and bronies at heart.

• Brohoof 1

As long as there are dedicated people who keep the feelings alive in their heart, our community will last long after the last episode ceases to air. We can last decades...centuries? This community has some of the most dedicated people I have ever seen. We have a bright future ahead of us.

• Brohoof 2

Fandoms never die they just quiet down, I mean just look at SonicX and DBZ. The show will eventually be canceled and alot of the fan base will find something else to obsess over, but the real fans will love it forever. I leave you with  crossovers of epic shows that still has have they're fandoms.

post-12366-0-31986500-1363900358_thumb.png

post-12366-0-99966100-1363900382_thumb.png

post-12366-0-37569200-1363900386_thumb.jpg

Edited by firesoxs
  • Brohoof 4

I believe the community will last long after FiM. I will remain apart of this fandom for life. I've been a brony since July 2011 and it has influenced me alot. I never regret it. This is the most amazing thing I've ever been apart of. I bet there could be a G5 show that we would like as much.

#Brony4Life

• Brohoof 3

it will last until they cancel fim then fizzle out over several years, that is my guess. there will still be lots of fans"just look at the amount of people that still love g1,g2 and g3" but it will not be as strong as it is now

• Brohoof 1

Well in all likelihood we will find that like most multigenerational shows that they will keep trying to capture the magic of the most popular generation, for MLP it is without a doubt Gen 4, for GI Joe and Transformers this was Gen 1, for Star Wars it was the original trilogy, etc etc.  The staying power of a fandom is based solely on its fans, not the object the fandom forms around.  For this reason it is believable that this fandom is here to stay like many others.  John De Lancie has often compared the fandom in this show to that of Star Trek which still has a huge following almost 40+ years afer the end of the original series that still watches it.

The fact is that the writing and the animation are what keep us here, even when Hasbro decides to end this Generation (which won't happen for a LONG TIME given that it has brought them back from bankruptcy) they will keep the fans in mind for the next one so that they can keep the steady milkable income.  Once a fandom forms the company that controls the object being followed will almost assuredly follow the fandom with great interest.

What I am getting at is that this fandom will stay as long as we want it to.  We are in control of this not Hasbro, and they know it.  The complaints of pandering is a sign that Hasbro KNOWS we are its 'bread and butter' as Diamond Tiara would say.  So as long as we continue to enjoy the show and actively participate the fandom can go on.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with the notion that we'll be around for quite some time after Friendship is Magic is over. I know a lot of haters say that this is just a fad and that it'll end when the show does, but that's simply not true. There are plenty of fandoms, as stated by others, that are still going to this day even though the show the fans love has been long over.

I think we Bronies will be around for a while, especially since our fandom is so strong and close. Not to mention we have the best fanworks!

• Brohoof 2

I think this fandom will be around forever, especially with all the dedicated fans that have put so much time and effort into it.  I have a hard time believing the fans will just stop once the series ends.  If anything, we could even see an increase in fan made episodes, there certainly is enough talent out there to make this a possibility.  Even if many move on, there will still be a dedicated fan base that will remain, like fans of other shows that no longer air.  Generation 5 could also be just as good, or at least close to MLP:FIM, and the fandom would continue to grow.

As long as there are people out there that love and care about the series, the fandom will continue.  

Think of it as simply as this.  
Just like every other fanbase out there: StarTrek, Starwars, Battlestar Galactica(hey, it was cool).  No matter how long the fans are pumping money into it, the show can't live forever.  

Now that in mind, it doesn't mean that the fanbase will die.  They are still spending money on series that aren't what they used to be (or don't exist anymore)  I think that's how the brony fandom will be.  Even after the show is gone... the conventions and memories will still be in the hearts and minds of the bronies.  

Voice Acting, eh? And you don't want to yell into a microphone? I have to tell you something, my walls are like sound proof, I've yelled and screamed so many times and I walk down stairs to see if they noticed anything, they said nope. XD I find it rather hilarious.

On a serious note, It's kind of hard to think about the Brony fandom living for a while but we all know for sure that MLP is Hasbros butter and we're the bread. Not a perfect metaphor. But I do believe it might last a couple more years but there's still fan animators!

My life has also been changed by this show and it's fandom and I do not want it to die either.

You know, I don't think it will, ever, or at least not for a very, very long time. This is one of the greatest shows ever made and being such that it has such a huge community of incredibly dedicated fans like us, I can guarantee that the Brony community with live on far longer than FiM itself.

I really thought this was going to be a doom and gloom write up but I was pleasantly surprised. The fandom will not die. Anyone who thinks that this is 'just a fad' could not be more wrong. This show and it's community have changed me for the better and I will cherish them both forever because of it.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sure this fandom will stay for the next five years. Even I think it will last for twenty years, or even more. MLP changed my life either. Just like you, I found more hobbies and fun since I joined the fandom. It also brings me back to programming, and later I found out that it's really my passion. I joined the fandom, back to programming, and recently my senior recommended me to the company he's working with. Now I have a good chance to work as a programmer in that company.

The fandom really changes my life. Before joining the fandom I was just a mere follower. I was planning to be a network engineer, which I don't really enjoy, just because the world dragged me into it. Then the fandom helped me to find my true passion. Just like you, I don't want this fandom dies. I don't want to leave these great people in the Internet. I really love the Brony community, and I'm sure that the fandom will last for a very long time.

• Brohoof 1

The Brony community will always remain, long after the show finishes. People will continue to write Fan Fiction,make music and create wonderful works of art.

The Community will never truly "die" and Im positive it will remain for a long LONG time....

For example...

Star Trek: Next Gen.. That show finished quite a while ago, yet fans are still found everywhere....

Plus we still have many seasons left of MLP:FiM , and we may even see new series put together, so I wouldnt fret about losing the community ^_^

We Bronies (Male AND Female) will remain attached to each other like Bread and butter, or Pinkie Pie and cupcakes...Or Rainbow Dash and awesomness....

So I wouldnt worry to much about it.

I know for a fact , Ill always be a Brony, long into my life I'll remain a faithful fan ^_^

• Brohoof 1