Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I'm sure the brony community will last at least a couple of years... we've been around since 2011, so I don't see the brony community going anywhere anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

For a while after Magical Mystery Cure I kina joined the conspiracy theorists in believing that by the next year the community would be gone, with nothing left but the occasional /mlp/ thread and long forgotten fanart.

Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyways, when will it really end?

Well... fandoms never really die.

Every pony is saying forever. It makes me feel bad for my opinion.

Because I think; Once the series end; maybe we'll live fr another month, two, maybe three. Then; this giant fandom will disappear int one of the forgotten fandoms. I've been any may fandoms like it; and this may be one of them.

Considering there are fandoms that are still around for long dead shows, I sincerely doubt that the Brony fandom will end within months.

Perhaps after about three or four years it will shrink a lot, but also remember that My Little Pony has been around for a very long time. Even after the current Generation is over, Generation Five may be even better and actually cause the fanbase to grow.

Only time will tell.

• Brohoof 2

The bronydom will last after the show ends. I'm pretty sure after this generation ends, the next generation will fill the empty gap of the fandom and it will continue until the last generation comes.

If you look at Star Trek, Transformers, Dragonball they have fan bases after a series ends or a new generation appears. There have been more conventions and fan work than any other franchise in recent years.

• Brohoof 1

So long as their are Bronies, Bronydom will go on. We recieve new Bronies each and every day and there are so many of us now that I know the community will be strong long into the future. Plus Hasbro will most likely put out more off spins of MLP:FiM using the same design and members of the development team of FiM. so it's not like Ponies will just end all of a sudden.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that the brony fandom will always be here, but I wouldn't be surprised if things quieted down after G4 ends. After all, if Hasbro decides to continue with new generations.... sad.png

But MLP: FiM will always have a special place in my heart <3

• Brohoof 1

Snip :)

Hello. We actually already had a topic that was more or less identical to the one you created, and for the sake of convenience I have merged them. In the future please use the search feature to ensure that there aren't already threads like any that you are planning to create.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So I have been thinking a bit about this. I know all things come to an end in time but its the matter how long something lasts with us and how it left a mark that matters. This show started off, *and still has*, with a bang and amazed many with its excellent animation, wonderful characters, story-line, and etc. But here is where I have a question? How long will this last and do you think the Brony fandom is here to stay for a while or is it deteriorating as time goes on? I bring this up since I have heard very different opinions on the future of the show (after the season 3 finale). I think the show has been going really strong even through season 3. 

So what are your thoughts? Will the Brony fandom stay with us for a while or will it fade away slowly?

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

this topic has come up alot. but i think that more people are joining the fandom then leaving over some bs. i dont think it will last 50 years maybe 20 or so. it depends on how long the show is on

I don't think it will die out for a very long time. There are quite a few examples of fandoms where the most recent content was released a long while ago. Star Wars, for instance, had its most recent movie come out in 2005, and it's still going strong. Add that this fandom is very much centred around companionship, with all members of the fandom pretty much universally being friends with each other. That sort of given bond that the fandom has makes it only so much stronger than other communities.

I think the only thing that would put a swift end to Bronydom is if we all got blasted with that Neuralyzer from MiB :P

• Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

this topic has come up alot.

You think so? I have not really heard this mentioned a whole lot... Maybe I have heard that the show is not at it's full potential from others but I haven't heard anyone discuss about how long it will last. Hmm.... maybe I have not heard otherwise.

That is true new fans come and some go that is very true but idk I have just been kinda hazy on what to think as of this point in time I suppose.

(edited)

The only thing that could make the brony community not last would obviously be another Mass Effect 3 ending. That would certainly destroy us.

Anyway, I think we're going to still go strong for the years to come.

Edited by Velvet Remedy

@,

Oh yeah Star Wars has been round for ages and rightfully so. You know who knows in the near future another cartoon show just as awesome as this could be created :3  but then again till then I want this to be around for a good while. Maybe I shouldn't worry bout it so much.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One of my favorite parts of the fandom is the reviews (i.e. Digibrony), and there's already 65 episodes ready to be reviewed by every singly brony reviewer out there, and we're still growing in both bronies and episode amount. At this rate, there will be content to discuss for many years to come. I would only start to consider the fading away/dieing down to start when MLP:FiM is cancelled, and even then it will be a long while after that.

Edited by Zerobot
  • Brohoof 1

MLP, at this point, might end up in the same situation as Power Rangers, Pokemon, Sonic, and Doctor Who: as long as this popular and as long as people still like/love it, it won't be leaving for a long time. FiM may end one day, but there's still a chance of a 5th generation.

• Brohoof 1

I feel that it will be around even after the show is over.
The brony culture has given way to a new way of thinking, which allows guys to like whatever they want. 

I seriously hope the show doesn't go away any time soon, though.
Even if it does, at least I'll have Winx Club to keep me busy. 

• Brohoof 1

It could slowly die out. Although we have a strong fandom with very passionate fans, all things usually slowly stop being popular after a while without anything feeding the source of the fandom (The show being the feed and source).

However there are some fandoms who's source is dead but their fandom stands strong. So it really depends on how we deal without new episodes.

I feel like we will last a good while after the show is gone, but not forever.

• Brohoof 1

Snip :)

We already happened to have a topic dedicated to discussing how long the brony fandom will last and as this was essentially the subject of the thread that you created, I have merged them :)

I've said before though, I think that we have a lot of staying power. I'm certainly not going anywhere, and I think that there will be people continuing to pump out excellent fanart and music for a long time after they stop making episodes. Heck, we may even continue to get episodes after a fashion, as is evidenced by Snowdrop and Double Rainboom. In any case, people have made some great connections through this community and I don't think they'll evaporate very quickly.

• Brohoof 2