Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I wish it would last long enough for me being able to drive to brony con but sadly, that is impossible as that would be age 18, unless the show lasts for 5 more years :(. Im guessing max 3 years after the finale or good season.

We all know this from every show to come to TV. Every show ends eventually. So my question is what do you ponies think will happen when the show finally reaches a conclusion and ends? will it be the end of the fandom or will we just continue doing what we always do?

(edited)

The fandom will go on, just like most fandoms always do. It may not be as big and popular as it is now, but there'll still be conventions and such. Really, nothing is going to happen. Entertainment lives on in the hearts of the entertained.

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 15

As long as there are still fans of the show, MLP will not go anywhere. I think that when Friendship is Magic is over, they'll make something new. Maybe something that is more about the CMC ? That'd be pretty cool. As for the fandom... we're not going anywhere either. At least, not anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

I for one will always be a brony. The show might end next season, or might end in 10 seasons, but the fandom will keep going. Star Trek(the original one) was on for 2 seasons and look what happened. Many spinoffs, and a huge fanbase. I think that's what is going to happened with MLP. We will keep the show up for many years, and we won TV guide's best fanbase last year. The first MLP cartoon to do so, and when people look that up they will also look up bronies. And with the years to come, bronies will come and go, but I will always stay.

/)

• Brohoof 5

I believe the fandom will long outlive the show. Look at other shows like DBZ, various gundam generations, and comic book heroes have been around for ages.

But it will become a fanfiction fandom/art fandom and not so much of a show fandom if gen4 ponies ends.

• Brohoof 3

If the show ends, the fandom will remain for a long time, maybe the fandom never leaves. I will always be a brony. I think the show will last longer than some think, it may go on for 10 seasons, it may keep going after that. Maybe a G5 comes along. The Fandom will always be here no matter what. :)

Fans will start rioting the streets, flipping cars, smashing windows, but it will get worse. Panic will spread through the world, and...... this is what is not going to happen.

The fandom will live on, as everyone else is also saying. I mean, look at us now, drawing art and writing stories, and the next season isn't even out yet. It will be pretty much the same as it is at this moment. Don't worry, with all the money Hasbro is  making from FiM, it won't end anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

I think that the fandom will probably wane a little bit, as there won't be new content to keep people interested. Nonetheless, I feel like it is too vast to disappear entirely. There a shows I like that ended years ago that still have fandoms and were never as popular as MLP. Granted, they aren't the world's most active fandoms, but they're still around. With a fandom as large as MLP, I imagine that it would remain active, and the show would continue to be cherished.

It's always possible that lightning strikes twice and gen 5 is just as good as gen 4. That would give the brony fandom a means to continue thriving as ever...

I think the fandom would get a little less active through time, but still stay pretty large. I'm pretty sure that due to the size of it, the fandom will stay around long after the show ends. Possibly even until a gen 5 is released? Who knows? 

I don't think it will ever completely go, so that's a good thing. :)

(edited)

I have answered this question in detail to many fellow bronies over te past few months I have been on this forum

Basically I think that the fandom will live on for a long while

I may not be as active as it was before, but it will be there no doubt

And I will be one I those who chooses to stay long after the show ends

Edited by Phoenix237

Well, when the producers and writers close up shop, the fans will take up pen and paper (or Microsoft Word) and ride this magic friendship train as far as it will carry them. Which I think is gonna be pretty far.

Here's what I think will happen in order:

1.Hasbro makes a new season, but doesn't give info on whether it will be the last season or not.

2.Five episodes or so before the finale, they finally announce it.

3.Mass complains or despair on all major pony sites and forums.

4. The series finale airs. Whether it will suck or not, I don't know. But I hope it doesn't.

5. Equestria Daily, this forums, and other major pony sites throw one last major convention to say farewell to MLP.

6.The fandom lives on in the internet as one of the most popular ones for a little less then a decade, and then gradually dies. However, MLP always lives on in everybrony's hearts.

7. A few years later after 6. happens, they will announce G5. It's not  the original, but it's pretty good. A new fandom springs, and the cycle continues.

When the show ends, the fandom will go on, in probably as much of a capacity as it is now. The fandom has gone above and beyond the show, and ponies have almost become their own separate genre outside of the show itself, so to speak.

As long as there are dedicated bronies, the community will go on long after new episodes cease. Just look at other fandoms that continued on even when their shows ended. :)

If the show ends, that would mean that Hasbro doesn't care much anymore which would mean they they wouldn't care about the millions of inevitable fan episodes that will be made.

Besides lol if a cartoon makes a company money they're not gonna end it. Look at friggin Spongebob and The Simpsons for great examples.

What if they start a new series for MLP? (I hope they just continue FiM) What do you think it would be called and how many seasons do you think will air?

I think though that if they discontinue MLP all together, the brony community will start a new show. The best brony writers, authors, and animators will gather and make a new show, probably on youtube, for the bronies to enjoy. If this happened, the show could even take the same route as "Annoying Orange" and get put on tv (most likely by Hasbro). 

I think that a lot of the fandom will move on to other things, but I think a large portion will always stick around despite the lack of official new material.  I mean, theStar Trek fandom went 10+ years between the end of the first series and the release of the first movie  (okay, there was the animated series in the middle, but still...) 

• Brohoof 1

I think that a lot of the fandom will move on to other things, but I think a large portion will always stick around despite the lack of official new material.  I mean, theStar Trek fandom went 10+ years between the end of the first series and the release of the first movie  (okay, there was the animated series in the middle, but still...) 

I agree-the original Star Wars series generated a huge fanbase also that abides to this day-with the amount of people actively involved in the community that's built up around this show it's hard to see it not continuing.

Besides, it's making Hasbro a boat load of money-they're not leaving that on the table. As long as there's a considerable fanbase, they'll keep making the show.

Well I, for one, will definitely be a brony for a very long time. Even after the show ends, It'll still be great to see what fans keep doing, like the brony music, brony art, fanfics, so i think that even when the show ends there will still be a lot of fan content to keep me, as well as everypony else i think, happy. smile.png

It will be a slow descent into history.  Hopefully they will at least do several movies after the series ends.  If they do it will keep things alive.

Edited by silvadel

Silly! My Little Pony will NEVER end! XD

I guess all good things have to come to an end eventually. I always wanna be a brony, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. But when MLP ends, I'll still be watching it like it's season 395493578768596768567!

Eh, a lot of people will leave. The rest won't leave, until they leave. And once they leave, people will look at some of the achievements ponies had made, and join. After a while, they'll leave too. In a hundred years ponies will be like popeye. Better than the new shit on T.V.