Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

Like some of you said, I don't give a damn if Hasbro ruins the show or everyone else leaves the fandom, I'll always remain a brony, whether I have to watch reruns for the next 90 years of my life or not; I'll be that old nice guy on the block who has millions of stories to tell from his childhood, adolescence, and young adult years. :wub:

Aside from that; praise and thanks to Lauren Faust and the people who helped in making My Little Pony from something that only little girls liked into one of the best shows ever to hit television. I hope the show, it's creators, and the fandom live on for many years to come. :)

• Brohoof 2

even If I have to repeat each episode for the hundred time, and 2 (that wouldn't be fun, would it?) 4 hundred times for my favorites

Not true. I can't even count how many times I've watched Star Wars, and it's still amazing.

Eh, all good things must come to an end, a show called Invader Zim comes to mind. It was cancelled over 10 years ago but IT HAS A MASSIVE FOLLOWING STILL. The same thing will happen with MLP:FiM, it will get cancelled but still will have a big following.

I will never abandon My Little Ponies.

Considering the massive amount of people that the fanbase entails and ongoing production, I have a feeling that the phenomena won’t die down for quite some time. I agree with everyone in the fact that it will never be completely eliminated but many will probably lose interest unfortunately. It’ll never completely die due to a bunch of reasons: relevant scenarios, unforgettable epic scenes, internet & musical impact, popularity, in show references, and much much more. I’ll always enjoy the show and stay a part of the community for the very same reason’s I became a fan in the first place :) Edited by 83awsm
  • Brohoof 1

As far as I can tell right now, my 'bronydom' will probably go on until the day I die. In fact, I can`t think of anything I`m a huge fan of that I`ve abandoned- MLP is no exception.

• Brohoof 1

Considering that my Avatar is Twilight Sparkle, I'll analyze the crap out of this.

Let's first look at who's the mastermind behind My Little Pony: Lauren Faust. She was deeply involved in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff Girls, arguably the best shows in the early 2000s. Now let's see how long those shows lasted.

Foster's Home lasted for five years, give or take a few months. Powerpuff Girls lasted for four years. Both shows had AT LEAST one feature length movie and Foster's Home still plays once in a while on Christmas on Cartoon Network. Now the reception for both shows:

Foster's Home won about SEVEN Emmys. Although the show didn't have a cult following like My Little Pony does, it still says some things. The Powerpuff Girls won two Primetime Emmys and two Annie Awards. Again, the reception was great but it didn't qualify to be elevated into the status of Sub Culture.

Now let's look at the trend of bronies. Just a statistic here: Equestria Daily gets OVER 500,000 HITS PER DAY. And so does Ponychan. You then have to factor in bronies and Pegasisters who can't access Equestria Daily or doesn't know about it (I was about three weeks into my bronyhood when I found out about the site). That number is at least 750,000.

Now I found one of the most viewed pony videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj8Xp-Ik.

Over one MILLION HITS. Again, that's about 3/4 or 7/8 of the entire hits most likely being bronies. Oh yeah, and the view count for Hasbro went up to 4 million after the brony thing sparked and it's steadily climbing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Brony fandom is also incredibly strong. Former President Bill Clinton watched Friendship is Magic and actually successfully answered three questions on a radio show. Faux News, despite its lies, took notice of bronies.

Not to mention that Equesria Daily reguarly updates and Bronycon is being successfully held, despite the fact that New York City is the only place it was held yesterday. I can't get the statistic for how many people attended because it's not finished yet but the fact that Bronycon can exist as an independent convention says something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Final Conclusion? It is impossible to say how long bronies will last but it is clear that they will last long after the show's final episode, which if Lauren Faust's other works are to be used as reference, will last about four more years.

Being a brony or pegasister is now sub-culture so good work. We're that much closer to world domination**

**Did ya know that the German government tried integrate Friendship is Magic into their parliament meetings? At least that's what some sources say.

• Brohoof 2

I

**Did ya know that the German government tried integrate Friendship is Magic into their parliament meetings? At least that's what some sources say.

Haha, that just made me imagine Hitler watching Apple Bloom in S01E01 saying "aren't ya gonna stay for brunch?"

Then ending WW2 :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Uc0YMZLTs

(I realize this is chronologically incorrect)

Edited by FlutterSchoer

I wish it would be around forever, but obviously that won't happen. I'm sure it'll last past the show's last season or if the show starts sucking it'll latch on to the Golden Age. But aside from that, how long? Most bronies are teens and young adults, so eventaully they'll be consumed by real life and it'll just be a crazy thing you did when you were young.

I think it'll last at the very most one, MAYBE two years after the last good season.

It will eventually not be the top discussion (not any time soon though) BUT it will never EVER EVER be forgotten, this is something so huge that it will be remembered forever

Fandom can linger for YEARS. Certainly look at the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fans...still there a decade later with no show.

There will be a core group petitioning Hasbro for another show after this one. Brony Cons will still be around.

Edited by Silverhoof

People are misunderstanding the question. We'll all like ponies forever, but I meant to craze with photoshoped images and fanfics and remixes coming out. Eventually THAT will die off.

Well this show will probably last maybe 6 seasons? That seems to be what most kids shows go for, and then after that the likely hood of it staying just gets lower, I wanted to point that out because we're all at the threshold of a new beginning of humans! We are the Bronies! We are legion! We will love and tolerate the s#%t out of you!!

The show may only last until season 6 I'm estimating, but I do estimate the fandom to have a noticeable standing for a few decades.

But then again, we are leaving out the possibility of generation 5. Maybe that will be good as well, supplying fuel for the fandom?

I think this thing will last for, lets say 9 more years. Also, Once a brony, always a brony. If you were a brony during the Golden age of MLP, you will always stay one. Like me. I will never forget MLP. SO CUTE!!!

Edited by RainbowDude
  • Brohoof 1

I think that if this fandom dies, it will die on a fuck up on Hasbro's part. them stopping production, or loosing voice actors, etc.

Yeah..

tis sad but it will die down but people wont forget.

celestia be my witness, i will not forget the show.

the fire dies but the embers burn

and you know what people will pour gasoline on that fire someday and the show will be a popping fire again.

I'm going to save every single episode I have of MLP on videos.

I'll stash them all in a box somewhere in my attic.

And one day, when I become an adult of around 50-60, burdened with the pains of work, I'll be looking through my attic for childhood memories.

I'll find the videos. And as I turn them over in my hand, and look at the childish handwriting I plastered over the nametag, I'll remember.

I'll remember the show that brought me back happiness from the brink of despair, the show that saved me from the miserable apathy that had come to rule my life. A show that...had become like a sibling to me.

And I will cry.

I will never forget mlp.

This...is what happens when I drink too much caffeine. Either I go hyper or I go emotional. -_- Sigh...time to go watch moar ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I will never forget this show and my love for it will never decrease. If I can, I plan to get the seasons on DVD(if I can find them in my area that is) and if not, I'll just wait for the price to go down on iTunes. I will show this show to my kids and grandkids and hopefully one day revive the love of ponies in future generations.