Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I absolutely love sifting through historical threads like these.

This fandom will be around for many years, be it niche or stable. There really hasn't been a precedent that I can make a direct comparison of ... But I think it's safe to say that when I am in my 60's I'll definitely be a fan of this show and the movement it inspired.

I really don't think I'd watch MLP if it got a new generation because the CMC probably wouldn't make it and then it could just turn back to the girliness of the before generations to stop the bronies from keeping their fandom so yeah I'd go back to making fun of the theme, torturing the ponies and just hating it, though I would still like FIM for a while until I've seen the episodes so many times they become boring.

I don't know if it's going to last 40 years (at least in the same way that it exists now). However, I expect it should be around for a good long time. Depending on how many seasons we end up getting, we could have some kind of Star Trek like situation that could carry it that far. Maybe we even get new generations after this one that are just as good as FiM

So I guess what I'm saying is: maybe, it depends.

Fandom = Sugarcube Corner :) Moved!

The fandom won't be active by that point, nothing compared to what it has been and currently is. But, I've zero doubt that this generation of My Little Pony, and the societal impact its' made, will become relatively ageless, easily entering some form of the legendary state of mainstream, that many shows and other media have entered, making it so they never really fade away (Star Trek, Harry Potter, Batman and every other pop super hero, etc).

This show and the movement it caused will never be truly forgotten, no matter how many years you try to put between now and whenever :3

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I'm still not seeing any real evidence of 'the fandom is dying'.

There are 'famous' members who are going off to do other things, but that's no indication of the fandom itself dying. It just means that it's changing so there's less reliance on high-profile individuals. Trekkies went through this back in the 70's and 80's when a bunch of fanzines disappeared.

So this basically brings Bronydom into line with all the other big fandoms. It's just accelerated just like everything else that compares Bronies to older fandoms.

Regarding the poll:

I think there'll be at least 8 seasons, plus they said there'll be 5 more years of MLP so...

When the show will end, I'll still be a brony, but I might go down a bit indeed.

G5: I don't care and they shouldn't do one.