Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do the voice actors for FIM want to be in Equestria Girls?

Betez

I've been wondering this. Does anyone know what the voice actors on Fiendship is Magic think if Equestria Girls? And do they want to be a part of it? This might help us determine whether not it's worth seeing, if the actors are thrilled about it or not.

Hard to say, it may help some people give it a chance if at least some of the original voice actors were in it but if I were one of those voice actors I think it would depend. If I thought it was going to suck I wouldn't want any part of it but if thought it had promise I would do it.

Been wondering about this myself.  I have not heard anything conclusive about the VA's of the series.  That being said one must remember that a character's voice is a strong tie to that character.  If this was the previous generations I don't think Hasbro would give a second thought to hiring different VA's if the current ones did not wish to work on it.  However, you have to remember the shear amount of voices these VA's are working on at any given time.  I mean the mane 6 alone average about 3 different shows on the Hub alone and never mind the shear amount of VA work Tara Strong does in general.  I doubt that they would not be willing to work on the show, that being said their opinions on the show might be harder to come by as stating discontent might endanger their jobs after all.

Not exactly, they have a lot of voice acting on their hands and on their schedule as it is. I know it would make more since, to have the voice actors of the show do the voices of the characters in the spinoff. I think they should just let the voice actors stay on the show, then if they want they can do the voices in the spinoff.

Well it would be weird for the show to not have the same voices, it would probably annoy me to no end to be honest :P. Whether they want to work on it I guess they haven't really said anything. Not that I know of. I suppose technically they don't.

I'm not sure if anyone can do the voices for the mane 6 as good as the voice actors themselves really, but I suppose if the voice actors don't like the show or something and decline hasbro has no choice.

I think if the VA's are different for the show, then the show will feel weird.

• Brohoof 1

You know it won't be the same without the same voice actors. Don't get me wrong the idea is still strange (I'm givin it a chance so don't argue with me), but without the same voice actors it won't seem right for me.

If not the actors should try to sound like the ones in the original, or decent enough for me to not mind.

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice, but like other posters have said, extremely unlikely. Voice actors have a tight schedules, so... no, sorry.

You get bonus points for being Link though.

This seems like a strange question to ask. I'd wonder if they even can be part of it, and to that I'm extremely doubtful. Another thing I wonder is if Hasbro even wants the FiM VA's. Things like this stink of that "We need to keep things new!" mentality, better known as fixing something that isn't broken. I'd think they'd go all-new with this: new production staff and new VA's. As far as I'm concerned, this is just like watching a natural disaster hundreds of miles away on TV. It can't affect me, and my cynicism won't hurt anyone, so I'll just watch the storm pass.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I was a voice actor for Friendship is magic , I would never want to voice Equestria girls. I wouldn't be caught dead doing that. But if I was dead I probably couldn't voice it anyway.

I haven't thought about this before. I have this slight feeling that they won't, but this just adds to the reason why I shouldn't even try EG. It won't be the same without them, and the VAs do seem very busy and all.