Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the longest time you've spent on a video game?

Sanic Screwdriver

I have invested heavily into Kingdom Hearts 2, The Infamous Collection, and Sonic Unleashed. The first and third are rather long games, and the second, which is all three Infamous games released currently, I have gone through and 100%

With out a doubt in my mind, World of Warcraft. A few friends and I had a lot of fun in that game, it was pre-BC. We had a small guild, we didn't really do many high-end raids together so much as small dungeons like the Wailing Caverns and exploring every region of the map.

I took a small break between the Burning Crusade and the Lich King expansion. I eventually made it to level 80 and my guild was dead except for one friend that still came online every so often. I stuck around and raided a bit, but I realized the game had started to become a chore for me. At that point, I left WoW and decided to run a small pokemon netbattle server and play with the scripting capabilities for around a year.

I have no regrets, I had a lot of fun with my friends and I think I got my money's worth.

I have invested heavily into Kingdom Hearts 2, The Infamous Collection, and Sonic Unleashed. The first and third are rather long games, and the second, which is all three Infamous games released currently, I have gone through and 100%

There have only been two Infamous games released...Unless you count that vampire DLC thing in which case, how is it? I've yet to buy it. XD

Festival of Blood, as it is called, is a standalone title that plays as an expansion to Infamous 2. Similar to Blood Dragon, but much shorter. It is pretty fun. Not Infamous 2 fun, but still good.

I have definitely spent the most time playing Persona 3/4. Even when you don't do everything, they're still 70-80 hour games. But when you add doing all the quests, maxing all the social links, and fusing all of the personas it easily jumps to about 120 hours. Honestly, I think the Persona games are the best way to spend an ungodly amount of time.

-SARPBC. Spent quite a while getting every single star in the "Campaign" mode, but I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on its online. So addictive!

-GTA IV. Spent hundreds of hours online and offline just causing havoc everywhere.

-LBP and LBP2. All those hours of Creating levels and playing others'.

-Uncharted 3. Countless Co-Op matches, and the entire campaign (which was epic!).

Oh man it's definitely not only one game.

The amount of time I spent playing games in Junior high I really wished I spent more time studying but I can't do anything about it now i guess.

Phantasy star online ep 1&2 (GC version 2nd best version): My brother and I spent so much time on that game I really miss some of the people I used to play with all those years ago. Easily 500+ hours on this.

Skies of Arcadia legends: OMG Overworks and Sega out did themselves with this game I never get bored no madder how many times I play it. I've played it some much that I know the general area that every discovery is at.

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: I hate myself with how much I know about this game. I know the maniacs, I know the schedule of the characters, I can beat most of the game with one hand (Kinda like play Mario with your feet =P), and I can beat this in less than a day. I'm no Casmo or Runnerguy but I'm better then that average guy.

Shin Meagmi Tensei Nocturne and Strange Journey: 200+ for Nocturne and easily 300+ in Strange Journey....too much Atlus and from the looks for SMTIV I'm going to be spending a lot of time on that too.

Pokemon Red: Pokemon was my life when I was little no other Pokemon game has taken up as much time as Red and Gold did.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

You guys are adorable, really! Looking at my account info, over the course of my life I have logged over 30,000 (About 3.5 years play time.) hours between two games, and I won't even guess at all the other games I have played.

EverQuest and EverQuest 2. It's safe to say I have gotten my moneys worth out of those two MMOs...

Edited for typos.

Edited by Flying Space Badger
  • Brohoof 1

Coming close the the 1000 hour mark on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Soloing group S rank quests is hella hard and I'm not even close to getting all the equipment.

I'm pretty sure I have around 500 hours logged in all my Mass Effect playthroughs combined.

The second biggest would be about 100 hours or so on Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.

The Longest Game I Played Was Final Fantasy XI which 10975 hours, but according to the In-Game Playtime, Just like about a Few years that I started playing the game, I believe like around 2006 or so.

The 2nd Longest Game I played was Maple Story about 5275 hours, but Pretty Much more before I quit playing the Game.

The 3rd Longest Game I played was Pokemon Games, over 99hrs from the overall series including pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series..

I think I usually spend my longest in the Final Fantasy Games. Around three months or so. Or six.

Another is Pokemon where I get stuck in a certain part.

My total time spent on all of my Steam games combined is 2748.6 hours as I'm writing this.

Top5 include:

1. Team Fortress 2 with 991 hours

2. Garrysmod with 383 hours

3. Counter-Strike: Source with 305 hours

4. Terraria with 254 hours

5. Dungeon Defenders with 149 hours

Other notable games that are not on Steam include World of Warcraft, Minecraft and Pokemon FireRed, all with probably over 400 hours each. No real way to check the time I spent on those games.

I played Final Fantasy 10 for 200+ hours just trying to max out Tidus's stats, I have gotten Omega in the Calm lands monster side quest and I needed an uber amount of grind to beat him. I'm still working on working on everyone else's stats. I had to go back and redo my sphere grid.

(edited)

I suck at constantly playing one video game, 

But i remember when minecraft came out i played for a solid 18 hours or so. 

that was neat. 

i've also logged about 1600 hours into tf2 because of trading for an entire summer with nothing to do other than play tf2 and watch mlp.

Edited by AgnosticNord

1500 hours logged between my Fallout games

2200 hours logged between all my CoD games. (past 10th Prestige on 3 of them)

1000+ Hours in GTA IV

1500+ On Borderlands Series

500+ on Minecraft

these are mostly on Xbox....I'm also counting hours on my Steam versions of the same games.

I have easily around 800-1K hours spent on Oblivion, which is quite a lot for this game

I've spent around 500 hours on World of Warcraft and that number is still getting higher

I've spent around 400 hours on Counter Strike, which I don't really play anymore

Probably around 300 hours on Skyrim

Around 300 hours on League of Legends

And also 180 hours on Dota 2, which I have taken a break from

And maybe around 150 hours on Age of Empires 2? Maybe more, maybe less

EDIT: That's around 2650-2830 hours of gameplay. I'm so winning this

According to Google, that is 109-117 days of gameplay

You're winning eh?

I have over 300 days of playtime put into WoW alone... :D

Add all of my other tracked game times... 

8,768 additional hours (365 days, 8 hours) (that are tracked (i started tracking with programs like raptr and Xfire around 5 years ago) Not every game i've been playing has been tracked either, i would estimate another 2k hours are un-tracked at a minimum).

Here are my next 3 most played games (after WoW):

1,032 Hours - EvE online.

681 Hours - League of Legends

358 Hours - Runes of magic

Last week i played 47 Hours of tracked games.

I have a long gaming streak that even I am impressed at times.

In star wars battlefront 2, about 250 hours was spent playing online multiplayer.

In maple story, 430 hours spent leveling up and meeting friends.

In monster hunter 3 ultimate, 600 hours was spent grinding and killing giant monsters.

In burnout paradise, 340 hours spent on challenges, online, and racing.

I have many others, but I can't recall most of them. 

(edited)

Runescape, which was my favourite childhood game, I've learned english because of that game and was the cause that english classes were boring as f. My 'Adventurers Log' tells me Ive played 423 days which is 10368 hours. Ive played it since I was 7 and ended when I was 13. Then played wow for a year and when I turned 14 I started playing League and actually got a bit of a life, Im still 14 and played league for 9 months. So thats about 13k hours in total. Did I win?

Edited by TamesB

I have roughly clocked in about 2000+ hours on DOTA 2 and on World of Warcraft my total time played was roughly 4800+ hours. I quit WoW so now my main games are DOTA 2 and CS:GO, but I'm new to the CS series so I haven't clocked in a lot of hours on it just yet.

You're winning eh?

I have over 300 days of playtime put into WoW alone... :D

Add all of my other tracked game times... 

8,768 additional hours (365 days, 8 hours) (that are tracked (i started tracking with programs like raptr and Xfire around 5 years ago) Not every game i've been playing has been tracked either, i would estimate another 2k hours are un-tracked at a minimum).

Here are my next 3 most played games (after WoW):

1,032 Hours - EvE online.

681 Hours - League of Legends

358 Hours - Runes of magic

Last week i played 47 Hours of tracked games.

I guess you win... still, second place is not too shabby. Though, it isn't much to brag about :/

It's at least reassuring to know that there are people who spend way more on games than me ;P