Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the longest time you've spent on a video game?

Sanic Screwdriver

I would have to say that the most time I have spent in a video game would be roughly 65 hours of Oblivion made by Bethesda Game Studios.  That was all it took to wiz through it.  I think that Oblivion was the best Elder Scrolls game though.  I got tired of Skyrim too quickly and the others just didn't compare.  Below are some pictures of Oblivion Gameplay.

post-11645-0-72007600-1375503243.jpgpost-11645-0-52621600-1375503356_thumb.jpegpost-11645-0-53382900-1375503377_thumb.jpgpost-11645-0-07876600-1375503423_thumb.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read my reply and I hope to read many other good ones in the near future.  Until then I bid you adu.

I can't determine how much time I've spent in Minecraft, but I've been playing since mid 2011, and have had many long play sessions (as well as short ones of course), so I'd assume it has surpassed 1000 hours by now.

I've played Skyrim for about 700-900 hours, so that one comes in second place.

Arma 2 comes in third with 694 hours invested, most of which was spent messing around in the editor mode.

Well, it's obviously my Firered.

Let's see...

- I usually play 300 hours per game

- I have played 17 games since the last 8 years

- I continue playing on Leafgreen since someone stole my Firered.

300 x 17 = 5100 hours total on this game.

5100 / 24 = 212 days

I spent 1/45 of my life playing this game.

And this is only about Firered. I spent plenty of my time playing pokemon Emerald, Platinum, HG lol.

Edited by GhostPony750

I've definitely played thousands of hours of Pokemon games. I've been playing since first gen and I've bought and completed every  game since. Sapphire and Pearl definitely have the most hours logged though!

I've also played Tales of Symphonia at least 20 times. I lent it to my friend so I can't check how many hours but... it's definitely a lot hehe.

As far as MMOs/online games, I put way too much time (and money... oh lord) into Maple Story in grade school. I finally stopped playing in 11th grade when I realized it was actually terrible. Some other honorable MMO-timewaster mentions are Dragon Nest, Dragonica, S4 League (I still highly recommend this game!), and TF2. Oh yeah, and TF2 has like 1000+ hours on Steam. Christ.

Oh dear... This is going to be fun:

Runescape - 64 days 11 hours (Don't play it too much anymore, I used to be obsessed with it...)

Call of Duties combined - Perhaps 40 days? No, I am not a CoD fanboy anymore.

Football manager 2013 - 815 hours

Skyrim - 220ish hours

Fallout 3 -  over 100 hours

Minecraft - A long time...

Oblivion - over 150 hours

Can't think of anymore...

I don't want to know how long I spent on my PS2 when I was younger haha

oh man I stayed up for 3 days playing World of war craft, but adding up all the time I was playing that game more then likely a year or 2.

Gears of war 3 I play that about 4-5 hours a day.

I played CCS(back when my account wasn't hacked...) I played it about 6-7 hours a day on the weekends ah all day

played a lot of other games but not as much as those.

• 5 years later...

No idea how many total hours I've spent on Pokémon games, but it's definitely somewhere in the thousands. I know, my life is sad.

I've spent about 4 years of my life playing Pokemon Online, each day I spent at least 6 hours or so? There were a few times when I didn't play for weeks or months, but those were few and far between, so at least 20,000 hours. Jeez.

Next to that, I spent well over 6,000 hours in this obscure Pokemon MMO called "Pokemon Online World", or "P.O.W.!" as the community called it. It was a fun game on BYOND, if anyone has used that.

Next to that, TF2 which I spent 1200 hours in, then Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Civ V which I spent over 800 hours in respectively.

Edited by Jordan D

These numbers are guesses.

1. League of Legends- probably around 1500 hours. I played the game obsessively from the start of Season 4 until around the beginning part of Season 7.
  2. Team Fortress 2- around 900 hours. I played quite a bit around 2013 or so before I started playing League of Legends, but it fell off after a while.
  3. Pokémon Diamond- probably around 750 hours. I have played it a lot. I beat the Elite four over 40 times, and had 3 level 100s.
  4. Paladins- around 600 hours. I can't believe I got this many hours on it, and at least 500 of them were before the first anniversary of me playing the game.
  5. Combined Borderlands- probably around 500 hours. Most all of these are invested in the first game, that I've probably beaten at least 10 times.
  6. Combined Fallout- probably around 350 hours. I played quite a bit of New Vegas, and Fallout 3 is one of the few games I ever beat 100%.
Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic

The longest time for me was definitely Yu-Gi-Oh! G/X Tag Force. Spent well over 300 hours on that game when I was 13 trying to do literally everything you could do, unlocking every single card pack and trying to build the perfect deck that would win 100% of the time. Final Fantasy X is the second longest. I maxed out the hours on it to 255, trying to do every sidequest, trying to defeat every monster in the battle arena, and collecting all the ultimate weapons. That's right...I won the Chocobo race with a time of 0.00 and dodged those 200 bolts of lightning. :orly:

Most would say some game like Skyrim, but oddly enough, my highest played game time is like 15,000 on Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, or maybe I should check my Skyrim time. :D

My most played game is Skyrim, easily. I have 717 hours logged on it in Steam, but I had it pirated for years before that so in total I spent well over 2000 hours on it. Oblivion is probably somewhere around a 1000 in total.

Rocket League - 275 hours

Audiosurf - 164 hours.

Pokemon silver was around 400 when the save died.

I have other games that I probably played around 400-500 hours, like Total Annihilation and Age of Empires 2, but I have no way to actually measure those.

clocked like 3000 hours on a game called Mount and Blade Warband, a lot of it is multiplayer with friends (in a group) but the game is just so moddable and fun i still play it every now and again sure anyone else who has played it can understand what i mean

• 2 years later...

In middle school I was addicted to Minecraft like any other peer back then. First singleplayer playthroughs, then I discovered mods and then I discovered multiplayer and played all my free time with friends. I've spent ~5 years playing Minecraft as a main game

• Brohoof 1

I’ve spent the most time playing Pokémon Shield. I made it my goal to complete the Pokédex (main, IoA, and CT) and I spent a massive amount of time on that.

• Brohoof 1

Not very interesting about my short story, but I spent a lot of time, even almost all day by playing Need for Speed Underground 2. Customizing some of the cars and trying to complete half of the story/career mode. :adorkable:

And, in the career mode, I tried many times to complete the Airport Freeway Drag Race, which, with the speed and so many traffic AI cars, it was a bit difficult. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2