Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the longest time you've spent on a video game?

Sanic Screwdriver

I'm not a real lover of video games, but I used to play all the time.  

Roller coaster tycoon- easily over 1900 hours of play.  

Pokemon Blue-less then 50 hours

Like I said I'm not a fan of video games, but oh well.

Geez, that has to be Radiata Stories on the PS2 for me. The regular story takes 30-40 hours, and there are two versions of it--PLUS a huge bonus dungeon you can run around in that takes 10-20 hours more.

Overall, combining my two memory cards...I'd say I've spent at least 350 hours on the game since I bought it a few years ago.

Let's see...

I have around 120 hours in one file on Zelda: Twilight Princess.

In Pokemon Pearl, I think the most I've ever accumulated is around 90 hours.

I used to think that was a lot. Now looking at other people, I see it's nothing

18 hours straight without taking a break.

I was trying to get an achievement on Dead Rising, which was called ''7 Day Survivor''.

1 Day in the game is 2 hours and 30 minutes in real life.

And it wont let you save the game.

7 Day Survivor

0Tc8P2No.jpg Survive for at least 7 days.

Edited by KToadstool

I don't even want to know exactly how much time I've spent on Maplestory. Rough calculations leave me at 5,000 hours. Minecraft, probably 1,000. Animal Crossing as a child, also probably 1,000. Yeah, I can get seriously addicted to a game :3

My longest single gaming session was 16 hours on Borderlands 2 when it had finished downloading that morning. Even then that was much more than any session I'd had...

Edited by Flipturn ツ

• 3 months later...

For me, it would have to be Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and GTA IV because I've beaten them so many times (at least 10 times for both Fallout games) and every ending is never the same. As for GTA IV, I've beaten it and traded it in so many times, I just keep coming back to it even though I thought I was done with it.

OH YEAH GTA IV!! I love that game. My Ben 10 Alien Force game was such a challenge at times that I stayed up late trying to beat it.

And then there's The Hobbit!! OH DANG I JUST COULDN'T BEAT SOME LEVELS!! I spent so much time everyday trying to beat them while cursing at the game.

I've spent a lot of time in a lot of games. Some I don't even play anymore.

I've spent a lot of time in skyrim to myself, I have like 5-6 charactors and have played a good bit overall.

I've spent over a thousand hours probaly by now playing league, I've got like 1400 games played, I'm still pretty eh at it, but I've spent alot of time playing.

I use to play this battlefield heroes game, I played that game a whole lot to. But the game is now pretty messed up and broken with a lot of overpowered weapons and it's become very pay 2 win. I spent a lot of time before I quit though.

Star wars knights of the old republic: I beat this game like a whole ton of times, one of my favorite games, even if I haven't played it in a while.

Star wars battlefront 2, I played this game so many times and so much when I was younger, I have like 290k kills on my old profile, I haven't played it as much since then, but i played a lot back in the day.

Minecraft, I've played it with friends for hours on end, and there's a lot to do Expecially with friends. Still play it to.

If a whole series counts Pokemon. I've played like almost every Pokemon and for a good while. Big part of my childhood, still is part of my gamer life.

Add more if I think of it.

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

I'm a guy who's not fond of investing anything into gaming, thus there are only a few games I only paid to play. That would have to be, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Team fortress 2 and Runescape. :P That's all!

Er, probably World of Warcraft, when I played. I also played a load of Don't Starve, I work so hard at it. And I put a lot of time into Tomb Raider as well, just exploring and completing challenges. 

My longest run ever would probably be in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. That game was the only thing I played for almost 2-3 years. After that would probably sit World of Warcraft in the Burning Crusade days, and then finally Team Fortress 2. I don't play much anymore, but have chiseled my way into Fallout: NV every now and then. I just don't have the time anymore to clock 200+ hours into games.

• Brohoof 1

If Bethesda have made it, then I've basically dropped at least a hundred hours in it, and that's only the recent stuff (from Morrowind on). If you go further back like baldurs gate, planescape torment etc then make it another few hundred.

But I do think that the old strategy game of Master of Magic has claimed over 500 hours over time.

For me it would have to be Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning. I have done everything their is to do on both of those games and have beaten both of them multiple times.

(edited)

the one i probably invested years in would be RuneScape. i played the living sh*t out of that game :3

but as a actual non browser based game i would say dead space 2.

i got around 800+ hours into that game and i still play it every day  :wub:

Edited by repsol rave

I can even come up with numbers... Ugh...

- Pokemon: Over 1100h on my current savegames...

- Fallout 3: Over 300h in the wastelands of D.C. ...

- Fallout New Vegas: Over 350h in the Mojave and sorroundings...

- Diablo 3: Over 650h in battle against the forces of the Burning Hells...

- Battlefield 3: Over 200h in battle, mostly conquest on Metro (I like Close Combat Chaos)...

-... and lotsa more...

Dang... Shall I be proud or horrified...?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I can't be sure so here 3 candidates -

1) Warcraft III - played a lot at battlenet, don't know how much really :)

2) Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - really liked to play as a thief, stole almost everything :)

3) Evil Islands - doubt that someone here knows that game but I've spent plenty of time with it.

Edited by HungryTroll

(edited)

Right now the game that I most play is Starcraft 2 though in the past I've put in over 2,000 hours into the Crysis series I'm just in love with that series :)

Edited by NightOwl

I'm not incredibly sure, but seeing as I have over 1030 hours on Team Fortress 2 I'll say that.

Or Half-Life 1 because I love that game so much and have replayed it on many occassions :P

Let's see, all the games I have platinum, so far cry3, and Skyrim. Multiplayer game, so, CoD 4, MW3, Blops 2, BF3... BF3 I have WAY too much time into, quite crazy actually. Between XBox and ps3, probably 1 week. I almost forgot about handhelds. We travel a lot and pokemon was my source of entertainment. Between Blue, Yellow, Silver, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Saphire, Pinball, Red rescue team, Platinum, Pearl, Explorers of Darkness, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and Black... about 2 months minimum.

(edited)

1. Persona 4 - by the time I beat the game with the secret boss, I had over 150 hours of gametime.

Resident Evil 4 - I beat this game about 7 times now

Mario 3 - beat it over 20 times

Eternal Darkness - I beat it 4 times in a row.

Final Fantasy 6 - beat it 5 times

Saints Row the 3rd: 100% completion including the DLC packs (so maybe over 40 hours?)

Resident Evil 2 - 48 hours plus. I marathoned the game for an entire weekened until I was able to beat it in 1 hour 15 minutes, 45 seconds with no saves. It is my personal greatest gaming achievement :D

Edited by DiscordAnarchy
  • Brohoof 2

I've spent a few hundred hours on Persona 3 FES.  It's easily my favorite game of all time, and I've maxed out every social link and played The Answer.  Now I'm playing through Portable as a girl just for the other social links.

Also, probably any game I liked when I was little because I'd just play them over and over.

I spent most my entire childhood playing Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 in my opinion they are still the greatest games ever. By my username, I imagine you can assume I've spent a long ass time on the Assassin's Creed series, I've almost 100%'ed all of them =)