Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something that has scarred you?

Kitty Cat Moonshire

This is the part where I show up, read about all the "terrible" things you people have experienced and just shake my head.  I really hope you realize how good you have it, living in a first world paradise where movies and minor accidents/injuries are the worst things you've ever experienced.  I really hope you can see that.

Well, even if it may seem minor to you, it could easily drastically effect others. D: I don't wanna sound all : " Hay. Stahp."-ish, but I dunno. Depends on the person. The simplest, littlest, most minor thing ever to some people, could be insanity driving to others. .o.  

And for me, I would maybe say three things have? I mean, things can drive my paranoia up the wall, but I don't find those effecting me much at all. (Besides people joking about deaths. I get rather jittery and such from thoughts like that. Anyways.)

Well, a few years ago, I was ignored by pretty much everyone around me. Pushed away. I wasn't there. It effected things a lot with me, and drove me into a very bad depressive state. (I of course got much better.) But, now if I get harshly ignored, or just...If I feel neglected, I get VERY nervous, and just react iffy. I'm not an attention seeker. Believe me there. I can actually be rather shy at times, but this just..Stays there.

Another time was due to a video game character. (Stupid sounding, I know.) I don't feel like going into details, (unlike the other one, for some reason...) But the character just followed me EVERYWHERE. And because of areas in the game where said character appeared,  I was totally freaked out to go into said like-areas in le house. (Stuff like that.) This happened for about 3 days, until stuff happened which made it go away. Now, I still get a little spooked at times because of it, but it's dimmed down a looooottttt.

And last but not least..Le last puttputt.

So, I was in a swimming pool. I've never really been the best swimmer...I can doggy paddle, and float..Butterfly stroke...But not that well. I stink. :/ Now, one day whilst Tual was in a pool, some kids were being idiots. They were fooling around  and being just...Dumb. Meanies. And they were fooling around with the pool toys. 

Now, there was this raft-y thingy. Concave-ish, and you could sit in it. They somehow managed to flip it over me, and sat on it. I pushed it up, but I kept being pushed down under the water, and I couldn't get out. After about 15 seconds, I lost strength, and ended up getting pushed down even more. (I couldn't do much, as I kept "floating" up towards the top of the raft, which got me stuck.)

As I was about to lose the breath I had, I somehow got out, and shot up. It was horrifying for me. I got out right away, and just kinda sat in a corner. 

....Yeah. I mean, there is of course other things,  but those are more major to me. So. Yeah. (Other things I mean by like...Family events, near-death experiences, and such like that. :U )

(edited)

@@Glaceon,

@@Umbreon,

@,

@@Nightfall,

@@Marathon,

Probably those guys...

I'm kidding i'm kidding...inside joke (Skype chat...horrible thing...never do it)

If we're talking serious things...there are many things that have mentally scared me...most of which I don't want to talk about on the internet >.>

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~
  • Brohoof 3

Clowns.

After watching the movie IT at the age of five i have been frightened by them, i refuse to go to carnivals and circus' because of clowns, purely for the fact that if i see one id probably throw something hard at their squeaky red noses -_-

Physically scarred: The only time was when I was playing at a beach, a shell cut my foot :P

Mentally scarred: Nothing really cuts deep enough into my mind to leave a mark, but if I was to fear something, it would be the unknown. If there I'm in a really dark place, only one small light source, I'd probably chill in the dark, where nobody can see me but I can see them. I would only be scared that something that I know not exists attacks me.

Yeah spiders creap me out. I'm not a big fan of the dark either. All of the shadows at night scare me.

Is that weird? Does anyone else have a fear of the dark?

It's very normal to be afraid of the dark, and in fact quite healthy. It's part of your defense system to fear not the dark, but what the dark could potentially hide.

Well, Cockroaches!
When i was child, i used to be scared from Insects "I don't know why"
But, now.
I would be scared for hours if Cockroach sneaked into my shirt , pants or head.

When I was in Iraq we were out patrol one day and the biggest wasp I have ever seen flew into our vehicle. I am terrified of bees, wasps, ect. Luckily we got it out with no problem however for that minute or so my only thought was " omg this is how I die."

Yay!  I'm not the only one who read The Shining waaaay too early in life!

My parents used to go out for an evening, they'd come back to find I had turned every single light, radio, and tv on in the entire house.  I was terribly afraid of the dark for a long time.

30 years later, I'm explaining to my young daughter about facing fears one night.  I tell her this story, and then I open a door into a dark bedroom and slowly back into it.  It still gives me the heebeedee-de-jeebeedies.

Yeah, as far as scars go, this one sure isn't in the same ballpark with serious scars we humans can give each other or ourselves.  But y'all asked, so there you go.

I made the mistake of watching this movie when I was only a kid. Goodbye goodnight sleep and sweet dreams and hello nightmares and a fear of the dark!

Yeah, this is a scar for my little sister, actually. I guess when she was 4 or 5 our older sister made her sit through it and told her that Michael Meyers would come and kill her if she didn't keep watching. To this day, she can't watch any of the Halloween movies, and the mere theme freaks her out.

...Man, my older sisters used to be downright awful at times. ohmy.png

I've always been a nervous nelly. I'm about as brave as Fluttershy. I once screamed just because my brother screamed. He only did it to see my reaction... and then laughed.

But serious fears? I have some pretty horrible personal ones, but we won't even go there. Probably the most amusing would be the fact I'm horrified of llamas, and this is NOT a joke. For some reason, every time I see a llama, it attacks me. Attack. Not spit! And I have been nothing but nice to llamas! One time I was just sitting on a fence at a friend's farm talking to her llama saying "who's a pretty boy!" and he ran ACROSS the pen and head butted me. My friend's dad says that 'never happens'. Then one time I was walking down the road with my horse (not riding) and this random llama charged the fence at me! It was acres away from me and just decided it hated me. You wanna know where you can see the Devil? A llama's eyes!

I'm also scared of cat fish, like to an unbelievable extent. Though that fear is warranted  seeing as catfish can be aggressive  flesh eating monsters. Not to say the llama fear isn't warranted. 

I played Slenderman way too much.
Now i´m afraid to go in the forest....
And my paranoia kills me when im alone on the street at night O.o

The Rugrats Theory on CreepyPasta. I can't look at that show the same way anymore lol it just completely ruined it for me. I regret reading it. 

Not too long ago my uncle died in front of me in my house. Now I can't stand to be in the room he died in for long periods of time without getting the creeps.

Only one mental scar comes to mind right now. Well, one that used to scare me, anyway.

I used to be afraid of the movie Gremlins (I was 6-7 years old when I first watched it), and it used to freak me out whenever my sister wanted to watch it. I ended up leaving the room when it was on.

Now I can watch it with no problems aside from wishing it was John Carpenter's The Thing instead...

Believe it or not, The Wizard of Oz. The moment that tornado whisked Dorothy away from home, I became scared of tornadoes (I was three at the time and loved my house). Some episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog compounded it a few years later.

That I can think of, that's about it. Which is odd for... reasons I'd rather not explain.

• Brohoof 1

Believe it or not, The Wizard of Oz. The moment that tornado whisked Dorothy away from home, I became scared of tornadoes (I was three at the time and loved my house). Some episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog compounded it a few years later.

That I can think of, that's about it. Which is odd for... reasons I'd rather not explain.

Omg so I'm not the only person that movie traumatized! Did the flying monkeys freak anyone else out? Monkeys are bad enough without bat wings thank you very much! I had nightmares for a month

Squidward's Suicide. Good god, that scared the ever loving life out of me, and I still haven't gotten over it completely and can't really watch Spongebob anymore without getting reminded of it.

Ooh this is an easy one: when I was going through a difficult time in my life, on two separate occasions I was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital for 2 weeks. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I actually had something to do besides sit around with a bunch of other nut-jobs talking about their feelings.

SLENDERMAN! Sometimes I like to scare myself by watching or playing something to do with Slender but other times he can really scare me if I think too much about him.

I don't think there is anything in my still short life that can left me deathly scarred for life... Other than that one time my father beat the living hay out of me, or that two years living barely above the can't-afford-food line, it's nothing I can't get over with.

Dolls....Chucky....Dolls....

I'm a huge pediophobe. :|

Watching the Chucky movies has further increased my fear of  dolls by like.....1304623864%. I don't mean Cabbage Patch kids or something like that...I mean disturbing monstrosities like Mrs.Beasley.

Swimming,I can't swim,I can still get in a pool,but no swimming is my order.

I almost drowned in my uncle's hot tub. I also almost drowned in a 

backyard pool and an apartment pool.

3 times i have almost drowned,so yeah you can understand why i don't like

swimming. I can still have fun in a pool,but i don't swim.

All of my family can swim,but i can't,that is why i like to avoid the water

as much as i can.They say when you are in a near death experience,

your life flashes between your eyes. Other than that,really nothing

has scarred me.

Except the gameboy camera's creepy face,but i am over that now.

That is all.