Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Immature kids today!

JeanHover

Seems like you really missed the mark. Did you miss the countless posts in this thread in which people expressed disdain for their own generation?

That quote was from the first page so I've only read the new reply's since then. Plus apparently I've insulted the OP:

36yAN9L.png

So evidently that's what I get for expressing my own opinions.

That quote was from the first page so I've only read the new reply's since then.

That quote wasn't from the first page. It was post #25, which is far enough into the topic for you to have seen the posts that blamed their own generation.

Regardless, whether or not you're aware of it doesn't change that you severely misrepresented the attitude of people that despise children today.

That quote wasn't from the first page. It was post #25, which is far enough into the topic for you to have seen the posts that blamed their own generation.

Anything to try and make me look bad huh?

☑ I hereby acknowledge that I understand others have acknowledged that their own generation has its own fair share of problems.

misrepresented

*misinterpreted

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Anything to try and make me look bad huh?

What are you even talking about? Nobody's out to get you. Stop acting like any comment that isn't in emphatic agreement with you is a personal attack. You made a baseless generalization, I pointed out that this generalization wan't true. End of story. Nobody is trying to make you look bad.

I'm 16 and a sophomore in High School. Which is pretty close to the targeted age here. And I really have to say, I agree. Growing up, there was always that group of those kinds of kids. Well no, I was that group who didn't do that kind of stuff. Yeah, where I'm from, everyone acted like that. My family members were exposed to that stuff, except for getting pregnant, at least I think. I was one of the few kids of my generation that ended up maturing faster than everyone else and had good values. And I was thought as advanced for my age(not because I was really smart, most of my classmates were just stupid). And the worst part, racial stereotypes. I get made fun of constantly for being Asian. And I hate it. Nowadays, people my age's grammar is just awful. And making fun of people for music taste, I can't stand it. I listen to post-hardcore and dubstep, post-hardcore is one of the worst genres for getting bullied. Or just metal in general.

17 here, and I have to say...I don't really care about it anymore. These F-wads are going to rule the world one day, and I hope to be living in far land by that time. Nothing can change them, why waste the time and energy?

Edited by Zacharias

17 here, and I have to say...I don't really care about it anymore. These F-wads are going to rule the world one day, and I hope to be living in far land by that time. Nothing can change them, why waste the time and energy?

People who just want to sit and watch the world burn away should just get out of the way and let those who want to make positive changes do what they can. People who are purely unemphatic will be the ones who end up doing the most harm in the end.

Your misery and hate will kill us all. - MCR

Edited by ~Scootaloo

People who just want to sit and watch the world burn away should just get out of the way and let those who want to make positive changes do what they can. People who are purely unemphatic will be the ones who end up doing the most harm in the end.

Your misery and hate will kill us all. - MCR

Gee, thanks. I surely wouldn't want to see a better world, where everyone is more mature and accepting...No, I WANT the world to fall.

Well, it's your turn then, cause I'm not gonna attempt something that's impossible. Maybe other schools have more open-minden people, but it's not the case here. I just can't be bothered about humanity anymore, and why should I? I'm happy in my own little world.

Does the music kids listen to reflect the way kids act? Let's settle that debate.

Listen to the lyrics of some of the songs that kids listen to:

One Direction- Live While We're Young

"Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy, 'till we see the sun

I know we only met, but let's pretend it's love

And never, ever, ever stop for anyone

Tonight, let's get some and live while we're young!"

Kids today listen to songs about a teenager having sex with someone he/she just met. Do kids and teens do this? Absolutely.

Listen to a song that's actually good:

Metallica- Master of Puppets

"Master of Puppets, I'm pulling your strings!

Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams

Blinded by me, you can't see a thing,

Just call my name, and I'll hear you scream

MASTER! MASTER!"

This is a song about how drugs can control you like a puppet. They twist your mind and smash your dreams.

But it might be unfair to compare pop to metal, so let's add in a pop song:

Paramore- Misery Business

"There's a million other girls who do it just like you,

Looking as innocent as possible to get to

Who they want and what they like

It's easy if you do it right,

Well, I REFUSE, I REFUSE, I REFUSE!"

This song tells the story of two girls going after the same guy. One acts all innocent to try to get to him, but the other refuses to be someone she's not. This accurately reflects teenage dilemma, but from a different perspective.

Let's compare some rap songs, now:

Crappy (part of a) song:

Drake ft. Kanye, Lil Wayne, and Eminem- Forever (Lil Wayne's verse)

"And I will never stop, like I'm runnin' from the cops

Hop up in my car and told my chauffeur to the top

Life is such a fuckin' rollercoaster, then it drops

But what should I scream for, this is my theme park"

His whole verse, he just brags about how "awesome" he is. Basically, it's a swag song. Do kids brag about their awesomeness? Do they have "swag" and shit? Of course! It's also got quite a bit of cussing. Do kids cuss? Hell yeah.

Good rap song:

Eminem- 8 Mile

"I'm a man, I'ma make a new plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time for me to just take matters into my own hands
Once I'm over these tracks man I'ma never look back
(8 Mile Road) And I'm gone, I know right where I'm going
Sorry momma I'm grown, I must travel alone
ain't gonna follow the footsteps I'm making my own
Only way that I know how to escape from this 8 Mile Road"

This song is about the movie of the same name. Basically, a rapper named B-Rabbit tries to run away from his problems, but learns that he has to face them instead. Good movie.

All of the "good" songs are things that I listen to. Do they reflect MY life? Yes.

Master of puppets reflects how I won't let drugs ruin my life.

Misery Business reflects how I won't act like something I'm not.

8-Mile reflects how I'm gonna face my problems, and not run from them.

And, as stated before, the "bad" songs are songs that many kids like nowadays.

Teenage sex with someone you don't know? Check

Swag, cussing and bragging about how cool you are? Check

TL;DR: Yeah, music influenced our generation.

Edited by Bloo47

Oh I can't tell you how much I agree with you. But it's not just kids. I think it's stupid when anybody uses fowl language in their general  speech. It makes you sound stupid and makes it seem that you have a very limited vocabulary. The only time something like that escapes my lips is if I'm ferocious or if I injure my self. It's angry language and should be reserved as such.

Does the music kids listen to reflect the way kids act? Let's settle that debate.

Listen to the lyrics of some of the songs that kids listen to:

You know what? Music was always that way, honestly look at some of the things that Nirvana have sung one of their songs is titled "I Hate Myself And I Want To Die" and honestly if you listen to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" close enough to hear Kurt or if you look up the lyrics, the song is about having sex for entertainment. Yet people who listened to Nirvana never thought it was cool to have sex and go kill themselves.

Also here's something that I had found in the song "Money" by Pink Floyd:

"Hu Huh! I was in the right!" 

"Yes, absolutely in the right!" 

"I certainly was in the right!" 

"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!" 

"Yeah!" 

"Why does anyone do anything?" 

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!" 

"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking 

Why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and 

Screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely. 

It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

The music that people had listened to before had never influenced anyone majorly, and neither does the music today, honestly a lot of people in my school are fans of rap, yet only one person I've known in my entire school would fit the stereotypical rap-loving teenager.

And also if you were to apply that whole theory of music affecting kids today to me, well then let's look at my favorite band at this moment which would be Nine Inch Nails. My favorite song by them is "Closer" which if you look up the lyrics it's about a rapist coming to the understanding of who he really is, do I think that it's a good idea to rape women? No, I am highly against rape and I don't respect anyone who rapes people, I actually start to cringe when I see rape in a movie or TV show. Another one of my favorite songs by NIN is called "Happiness In Slavery" now do I think that it's okay to keep slaves, do I think that there is any good that can come out of slavery? The answer is a definite no to both of those things.

Another type of music that I like is Black Metal, now do I think that it's okay to spit at religion and burn down churches, as a matter of a fact I do not think that it is an okay thing to do, and I could on going on and on about all of the different music I listen to, but yet I'm not highly effected by any of them.

Edited by Moog Phatty (#YIFF)

It is really easy to shake your stick in the air yelling“ Those kids and there music to day. It ain’t nothing but fart noise talking about shooting money and buying girls.”

But in truth there is nothing new to that argument. Back in the day Elvis Presley's music was considered Satan’s music and a bad influence.

It's easy to sight lack of grammar for stupidity. The loss of grammar it a sad reality not just for kids but adults as well. The adults are lazy and the kids feel it.

It's easy to blame COD, GTA, Halo Doom and Mortal Kombat. Truth be told all those are

“Rated M”. That's 17+ equal to a Rated “R“ movie. They can not legally buy those on your own until you are 17 and have an id to prove it or some one else gave it to them.

Its easy to say one is mature...on a forum for a cartoon for little girls.

It's easy to get on a high horse and claim moral high ground. But it is a long drop down.

You do not know what there life is like at home or even out side school. Most kids have at lest one thing that they are going threw at any given time. Why not cut them some slack?

• Brohoof 3

You know what? Music was always that way, honestly look at some of the things that Nirvana have sung one of their songs is titled "I Hate Myself And I Want To Die" and honestly if you listen to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" close enough to hear Kurt or if you look up the lyrics, the song is about having sex for entertainment. Yet people who listened to Nirvana never thought it was cool to have sex and go kill themselves.

Also here's something that I had found in the song "Money" by Pink Floyd:

"Hu Huh! I was in the right!" 

"Yes, absolutely in the right!" 

"I certainly was in the right!" 

"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!" 

"Yeah!" 

"Why does anyone do anything?" 

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!" 

"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking 

Why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and 

Screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely. 

It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"

The music that people had listened to before had never influenced anyone majorly, and neither does the music today, honestly a lot of people in my school are fans of rap, yet only one person I've known in my entire school would fit the stereotypical rap-loving teenager.

And also if you were to apply that whole theory of music affecting kids today to me, well then let's look at my favorite band at this moment which would be Nine Inch Nails. My favorite song by them is "Closer" which if you look up the lyrics it's about a rapist coming to the understanding of who he really is, do I think that it's a good idea to rape women? No, I am highly against rape and I don't respect anyone who rapes people, I actually start to cringe when I see rape in a movie or TV show. Another one of my favorite songs by NIN is called "Happiness In Slavery" now do I think that it's okay to keep slaves, do I think that there is any good that can come out of slavery? The answer is a definite no to both of those things.

Another type of music that I like is Black Metal, now do I think that it's okay to spit at religion and burn down churches, as a matter of a fact I do not think that it is an okay thing to do, and I could on going on and on about all of the different music I listen to, but yet I'm not highly effected by any of them.

Well, with the Nirvana part, I'd never have known. Most people can't understand what Kurt was saying. Plus, I never got "sex for entertainment" out of "Load up on guns and bring your friends." In fact, I would argue that the song is more about rebellion.

Also, I Hate Myself And I Want To Die was a joke. When Kurt was asked how literal the song was, he said, "As literal as a joke can be. Nothing more than a joke. And that had a bit to do with why we decided to take it off. We knew people wouldn't get it; they'd take it too seriously. It was totally satirical, making fun of ourselves. I'm thought of as this pissy, complaining, freaked out, schizophrenic who wants to kill himself all the time: 'He isn't satisfied with anything.' And I thought it was a funny title. I wanted it to be the title for the album for along time. but I knew the majority wouldn't get it."

Also, In Money by Pink Floyd, the meaning of the song was supposed to be the opposite of what those two were saying at the end.

Closer by Nine Inch Nails is about a rapist who can't control himself and knows that what he's doing is wrong.

Happiness is saying that there are so many blissfully ignorant people out there, and they are the ones who have it made. It's better to be blind to the cold truth of the world, than to see and be aware of the harsh reality ("Can this world really be as sad as it seems?").

Also, I think you'll find that a lot of metal bands don't actually worship Satan or burn churches or hate religion. They do that for publicity.

Edited by Bloo47

Well, with the Nirvana part, I'd never have known. Most people can't understand what Kurt was saying. Plus, I never got "sex for entertainment" out of "Load up on guns and bring your friends." In fact, I would argue that the song is more about rebellion.

Also, I Hate Myself And I Want To Die was a joke. When Kurt was asked how literal the song was, he said, "As literal as a joke can be. Nothing more than a joke. And that had a bit to do with why we decided to take it off. We knew people wouldn't get it; they'd take it too seriously. It was totally satirical, making fun of ourselves. I'm thought of as this pissy, complaining, freaked out, schizophrenic who wants to kill himself all the time: 'He isn't satisfied with anything.' And I thought it was a funny title. I wanted it to be the title for the album for along time. but I knew the majority wouldn't get it."

Also, In Money by Pink Floyd, the meaning of the song was supposed to be the opposite of what those two were saying at the end.

Closer by Nine Inch Nails is about a rapist who can't control himself and knows that what he's doing is wrong.

Happiness is saying that there are so many blissfully ignorant people out there, and they are the ones who have it made. It's better to be blind to the cold truth of the world, than to see and be aware of the harsh reality ("Can this world really be as sad as it seems?").

Also, I think you'll find that a lot of metal bands don't actually worship Satan or burn churches or hate religion. They do that for publicity.

I know pretty much all of that stuff already, though I kind of find it to my amusement that you had completely ignored this part of my reply:

What you've said doesn't apply to every young kid out there, maybe to some, but not every single teenager out there. Blaming the media, is no help to the cause at all, I hope you are aware of that.

It is really easy to shake your stick in the air yelling“ Those kids and there music to day. It ain’t nothing but fart noise talking about shooting money and buying girls.”

But in truth there is nothing new to that argument. Back in the day Elvis Presley's music was considered Satan’s music and a bad influence.

It's easy to sight lack of grammar for stupidity. The loss of grammar it a sad reality not just for kids but adults as well. The adults are lazy and the kids feel it.

It's easy to blame COD, GTA, Halo Doom and Mortal Kombat. Truth be told all those are

“Rated M”. That's 17+ equal to a Rated “R“ movie. They can not legally buy those on your own until you are 17 and have an id to prove it or some one else gave it to them.

Its easy to say one is mature...on a forum for a cartoon for little girls.

It's easy to get on a high horse and claim moral high ground. But it is a long drop down.

You do not know what there life is like at home or even out side school. Most kids have at lest one thing that they are going threw at any given time. Why not cut them some slack?

1. Except that Elvis never sang songs about teenagers having sex with strangers

2. Nobody was talking about grammar, we were talking about the genuine stupidity of kids, and people in general.

3. I know little kids who play M-rated games and watch R-rated movies, because their irresponsible parents let them.

4. These people are kids who think they're grown up because they watch adult movies, play adult games, and use adult language. Maturity is when you stop wanting to seem mature.

5. We all go through shit. There is no excuse. The only difference is the way you handle it.

I know pretty much all of that stuff already, though I kind of find it to my amusement that you had completely ignored this part of my reply:

What you've said doesn't apply to every young kid out there, maybe to some, but not every single teenager out there. Blaming the media, is no help to the cause at all, I hope you are aware of that.

I never said it applied to everyone. I'm doing this based on what I've experienced. And, as a teenager, I see this all the time. Also, I'm not blaming the media. I'm blaming the fact that kids try to imitate the media to seem cool.

Edited by Bloo47

I never said it applied to everyone. I'm doing this based on what I've experienced. I'm not blaming the media. I'm blaming the fact that kids try to imitate the media to seem cool.

Based on what I myself as a teenager has experienced most of my age group isn't like this at all, and from what it seemed like at first I really thought that you were just blaming the media in general. Though as I've mentioned before probably only 15% or maybe 20% of teenagers are fitting the general stereotype, that's all that I'm gonna say.

Based on what I myself as a teenager has experienced most of my age group isn't like this at all, and from what it seemed like at first I really thought that you were just blaming the media in general. Though as I've mentioned before probably only 15% or maybe 20% of teenagers are fitting the general stereotype, that's all that I'm gonna say.

90% of my school fits into the general stereotype. In fact, most of my school IS the general stereotype. Watching Jersey Shore, listening to crappy rap and autotuned pop shit, losing their virginity before age 15, etc.

• Brohoof 1

OMG

I totally get what you're saying. I too, am also in middle school, and I also feel that i'm the only mature person in my school. It's pretty much the only fact I have trouble communicating with my peers.

Seriously, it's like the average intelligence of the world has severely dropped.

losing their virginity before age 15, etc.

WOAH WOAH WOAH, back it up here, you can't be serious, like I mean losing your virginity before you're...15?!? I can understand if you wanna lose it once you're in college/university or left there. But 15 man? Really losing your virginity is worth having to be the teenage father of a baby, getting an STD young, and losing your whole life to become a parent at a young age. Like I mean I don't even wanna get a girlfriend or a boyfriend (considering that I'm bi) yet alone lose my virginity. Stuff like that doesn't even happen in the movies, but it's going on in real life....I take back everything I've said. Despite how this may be the minority, this is quite the drastic thing to happen.

Okay, am I seriously the only person who has had relatively positive experiences with my age group? Should I feel sheltered? Do people have a negativity bias? A bit of both? Something else? Maybe not everyone is terrible? Maybe I'm just lucky? Question marks?

• Brohoof 1

WOAH WOAH WOAH, back it up here, you can't be serious, like I mean losing your virginity before you're...15?!? I can understand if you wanna lose it once you're in college/university or left there. But 15 man? Really losing your virginity is worth having to be the teenage father of a baby, getting an STD young, and losing your whole life to become a parent at a young age. Like I mean I don't even wanna get a girlfriend or a boyfriend (considering that I'm bi) yet alone lose my virginity. Stuff like that doesn't even happen in the movies, but it's going on in real life....I take back everything I've said. Despite how this may be the minority, this is quite the drastic thing to happen.

You seriously haven't heard of that happening? Fun fact, it gets even worse than the age of 15.

Preach! PREACH!

Definitely this. Jesus christ, it's as people think they're born of a different species.

You might hate everyone, and you might think everyone around you is complete degenerate trash. The fun part is when you realize how many people probably think of you in the same way. You're nothing special. Neither is your close group of friends who are somehow better than the rest of your highschool/college/university. No one ever realizes how similar they are to the very people they hate.

People do suck though. But to say that and believe that you or I are somehow exceptions? What a joke.

</misanthropyrant>

1. Except that Elvis never sang songs about teenagers having sex with strangers

"Now or never" By elvis  It's about the same subject matter these youngster listen to already.

5. We all go through shit. There is no excuse. The only difference is the way you handle it.

Braking out the ' mature' language are we. It's scientific that younger individuals have a hard time emotional dealing with stress and stuff like that.

All the generations have had almost the same problems. but these newer generations have it a little worst off then the last some odd ones. They could be being raised in broken households. There parents being laid off or being over worked. Then there the issue of the future whether you believe global warming or not we are told we humans have destroyed the earth. Obesity it a thing. I don’t think it to much to let kids be kids rather then turn then in to adults out of the womb.

Stuff like that doesn't even happen in the movies, but it's going on in real life

As for real life back in the day if a girl got pregnant they would often time discreetly send her to a participle school until she had her baby. After that it would be adopted to a another family in a secret adoption or the mother or older sister of the girl would say it was there own child.

*Returning to main topic and avoiding pregnancy thing you're discussing*

kids these days. Chatting all day with their Blackberries and iPhones as if they got nothing better to do. I actually feel bad for them. Technology has turned them into demons.

"Now or never" By elvis  It's about the same subject matter these youngster listen to already.

Braking out the ' mature' language are we. It's scientific that younger individuals have a hard time emotional dealing with stress and stuff like that.

All the generations have had almost the same problems. but these newer generations have it a little worst off then the last some odd ones. They could be being raised in broken households. There parents being laid off or being over worked. Then there the issue of the future whether you believe global warming or not we are told we humans have destroyed the earth. Obesity it a thing. I don’t think it to much to let kids be kids rather then turn then in to adults out of the womb.

1. Now or Never is a LOVE song, not a SEX song.

2. Being part of that generation, I see that stuff often. However, I see people handle it in different ways.

You seriously haven't heard of that happening? Fun fact, it gets even worse than the age of 15.

Preach! PREACH!

Definitely this. Jesus christ, it's as people think they're born of a different species.

You might hate everyone, and you might think everyone around you is complete degenerate trash. The fun part is when you realize how many people probably think of you in the same way. You're nothing special. Neither is your close group of friends who are somehow better than the rest of your highschool/college/university. No one ever realizes how similar they are to the very people they hate.

People do suck though. But to say that and believe that you or I are somehow exceptions? What a joke.

</misanthropyrant>

I don't believe that everyone around me is degenerate trash. They just act like it.

And yes, people do suck. However, a wise man once said, "suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something"

And no, we are not exceptions.

Okay, am I seriously the only person who has had relatively positive experiences with my age group? Should I feel sheltered? Do people have a negativity bias? A bit of both? Something else? Maybe not everyone is terrible? Maybe I'm just lucky? Question marks?

All of the above

Edited by Bloo47

as you all may know I went to school and took hvac, there i saw immaturity  both from kids "one teen boy imparticular exposed his privates to another boy, but failed to see the security cameras"

and immaturity from the adults also, some examples are "man my lungs hurt!" said while puffing a cigarette.

"dude I go to strip clubs all the time and my wife is fine with it! "said 2 weeks before the divorce"

and of course half the people I went to school with  was on drugs, so it is not just kids who are immature it is a lot of adults also. it is hard for a immature adult to teach a kid to be mature, kids learn by example and by watching.