Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony.fm Mascot

Anorax

Hey guys, have we decided on the official mascot of Pony.FM, or if there even is one?

If so, will it be an OC or one of the show's characters, main or background?

have we decided on the official mascot of Pony.FM?

mlfw5427_large.jpg

Will it be an OC or one of the show's characters, main or background?

Well, i would say both. Like the top banner which changes now and then, also would the mascot.

Vinyl Scratch appears to be the best choice considering job...

Octavia isn't bad either..

I'd vote for Vinyl Scratch and Octavia back-to-back in some nice, "We do this thang together" kind of pose.  (Since we have artists who do so many different kinds of musics...)

...But I also wonder, if a show character, (mane six or not,) if Pony.FM gets uber-popular as we all hope it will, would we need to get the blessing of Hasbro or risk their legal department?

Edited by Dreamsong

We could create our own mascot?

Like we could instil all the traits we want into a Pony FM OC Mascot who represents ALL music, being diverse and such?

You know, I know it's supposed to be the mascot, but honestly, we need ALL the pony musicians to be there. And all that have appeared are:

Applejack, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, and Pinkie Pie. You could probably add Lyra here too if one so wanted.smile.png

Like I suggested, what if we create a mascot, that enjoys ALL music, that way he/she isnt related to a single style. It could become a very popular character if we all pitch together to create him or her ^^;

True a whole team could work ^^

Ponies with names like..

Sound wave

Electric Riff

Metal Jagger

Wind Soothe

Things like that lol

Edited by ~Dawn♥Rider~
  • Brohoof 1

What if every genre had a different pony? What if it was a team?

Huh... it's a great idea, I totally agree with it! Besides, it would look rather original and intriguing to the eye, which is perfect for Pony.FM. 

Edited by Eevee

Yes! I contributed positively!

I could begin designing them immediately. 

I would need some suggestions and feedback, of course. The vision of a single pony may not concur with the vision of others. If others could cooperate in the creation of these characters with any feedback or help designing them that would be awesome.

Yes! I contributed positively!

I could begin designing them immediately. 

I would need some suggestions and feedback, of course. The vision of a single pony may not concur with the vision of others. If others could cooperate in the creation of these characters with any feedback or help designing them that would be awesome.

Hold your horses (or ponies lol) We would need Feld0's go ahead with it...

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot. >_<

Well, I'm kind of tired anyway. Part of the reason I forgot that Feld0 was in charge of everything in this forumplace.

He may be in charge, but he is a normal guy like all of us ^^

Nothing tyrannical about him...

Key Gear though...ooo he is evil, licking people all the time... Naughty Key Gear!!!

First of all, I love the idea of getting an official Pony.fm mascot pony. It definitely has to be an original character, as legal stuff aside, simply grabbing a show pony and calling it Pony.fm's pony feels lazy and uninspired to me.

On Skype, the idea came up of running a contest with prizes, to turn the creation of a Pony.fm mascot into a community event. @, would you still be interested in designing one if it was in a contest environment?

My first thought about a pony like that is a huge mess of a pony.

What if every genre had a different pony? What if it was a team?

Now there's an idea. Though having a single Pony.fm mascot that can represent the entire site makes a lot of sense from a branding perspective, each genre will have a little "brand" of its own. @ProjectRKA is currently working on cover images to use on the genres index, and having some ponies on that page which are unique to Pony.fm would be really awesome. Thing is, that would be quite a few OC's to design.

• Brohoof 1

Im a terrible Artist ^^;

But Im ok with names and such...

Personality too...

But I suppose we're looking more for design smile.png

Either way I like the idea of it becoming a contest biggrin.png

Perhaps instead of alot of ponies, we stick to the number 5.

Each pony can represent a grouping of styles.

1= Techno,dubstep,drumstep and so on so forth

2=Country,acoustic and music similar

3=Orchestral music and such

4=Pop and dance music and such

5=Metal,punk and hard styles of music

Feel free to switch around or whatever lol

Edited by ~Dawn♥Rider~

First of all, I love the idea of getting an official Pony.fm mascot pony. It definitely has to be an original character, as legal stuff aside, simply grabbing a show pony and calling it Pony.fm's pony feels lazy and uninspired to me.

On Skype, the idea came up of running a contest with prizes, to turn the creation of a Pony.fm mascot into a community event. @, would you still be interested in designing one if it was in a contest environment?

Now there's an idea. Though having a single Pony.fm mascot that can represent the entire site makes a lot of sense from a branding perspective, each genre will have a little "brand" of its own. @ProjectRKA is currently working on cover images to use on the genres index, and having some ponies on that page which are unique to Pony.fm would be really awesome. Thing is, that would be quite a few OC's to design.

I'd love to!

It's actually no trouble for me, designing that many ponies. I can't speak for others, though. Perhaps there could be different prizes for each OC created for every genre?

I'd love to!

It's actually no trouble for me, designing that many ponies. I can't speak for others, though. Perhaps there could be different prizes for each OC created for every genre?

That would be an awful lot of prizes for me to buy. :o

I think a contest would only be practical for an OC that represents the entire site. Genres are something I'd rather hand off to a dedicated artist or two to design ponies for.

• Brohoof 1

A pony that represents Pony FM would have to have musical talent and diversity while also being distinct.

People should be like  "Oh thats (insert name here) from Pony FM" and recognise him/her fairly easily (after Pony FM is open for a while)

That would be an awful lot of prizes for me to buy. ohmy.png

I think a contest would only be practical for an OC that represents the entire site. Genres are something I'd rather hand off to a dedicated artist or two to design ponies for.

Hmm, that's true... I was thinking of smaller prizes, but even then...

An OC that represents the entire site would be smart. But I'm still behind the idea of different ponies for different genres. Like I said, I'm willing and able to design these characters. Though I know this isn't about just me, but I can't really think of other artists that would dedicate themselves to do this as well, though to be fair I barely know any. I have a few in mind, though I'd have consult with them (They're not on the forums).

All I can say for sure is, you can count on my support.