Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Track/Album discovery

Zoop

This may seem like an extremely minor thing, but it was something that stuck to me a bit yesterday when I started exploring Pony.FM for the first time.

Quite simply, I'm not really sure that I see the point of the Discovery tab's contents being set aside completely from the Tracks tab. The first thing I did when jumping into the site was to mouse over the Tracks tab for the sake of searching around a bit, and was pretty surprised when the only thing under it was the link to the genre system. It wasn't until a few moments later that I looked over and noticed the Discovery tab, which contained pretty much the full range of options that I had expected to find under Tracks. 

So... basically, I'm wondering if there's any purpose in keeping them separate, or if they should be merged together?

Additionally, while on the topic, I wonder if these options might also do well to be available for album discovery, as well?

• Brohoof 1

You have a good point, I honestly never really thought about this before. I don't see any purpose in them being kept separate, either.

And yes, I agree, expanding the discovery features to encompass albums as well would be a good idea. 

Merging them together sounds like a good idea, now that you brought it up, Zoop. Initially, I thought that putting all the means of "discovering" music under a "discover" tab would make sense, but taking a step back, why other than "discovering" music would you be browsing around on Pony.fm anyway? :P

• Brohoof 1