(edited)

I was wondering what everypony thinks of this:

So yeah, the CEO has stepped down. What does everyone think of this? I was pretty happy myself.

Edited by Gamer Brony

Thank god!

Finally, i'm not giving those money hungry waffle sticks any more of my money.

Especially when most of their games require an online activation code to play multiplayer. *​which is ridiculous*.

Good riddance!

Badges

I don't really play EA games (Except Madden), so this doesn't effect me much.

I also don't really hate on EA like everyone else does, either. :P

Badges

It's not going to change anything. EA's not suddenly going to gain a heart, and it's most certainly going to continue its business practices. The CEO is subject to the whims of the investors, and if the investors want money, then the EA's going to get it. Not to mention that the CEO's replacement was already CEO in the past.

No, EA's still the corporate giant whose only purpose is to generate profit, regardless of leadership.

Good riddance but its not gonna matter much. EA has already killed my favorite games quite some time ago and I doubt a new CEO will fix that. I'll reserve some false hope though. A proper Command & Conquer would be nice if the new CEO is willing to let such a risky proposition see the light of day.

If he is the man responsible for ruining The Sims series by not being satisfied with only adding Expansion Packs, and having to make Stuff Packs, and the overpriced and obvious milking that is The Sims 3 Store (both of which taking content away from the more expensive than in the past Expansion Packs), then good riddance.

Now if only Bobby Kotick would step down from being CEO at Activision. Maybe then we'll have more than a year's break between our annual Call of Duty map packs. dry.png

(edited)

That interview is a perfect example of how little EA cares about the gamers. All the guy talked about was the profits. He didn't care that EA has ruined a number video games, broken the hearts of millions of fans, and have run smaller gaming companies into the ground. He didn't care that EA is sucking the blood and life of the video industry until it is cold, dry, and lifeless, like a big, fat, smelly, slimy leach. All he cared about was the money. Just like the rest of that damn company.

Edited by Commander Urdnot

That interview is a perfect example of how little EA cares about the gamers. All the guy talked about was the profits. He didn't care that EA has ruined a number video games, broken the hearts of millions of fans, and have run smaller gaming companies into the ground. He didn't care that EA is sucking the blood and life of the video industry until it is cold, dry, and lifeless, like a big, fat, smelly, slimy leach. All he cared about was the money. Just like the rest of that damn company.

Yes, because HOW DARE a company try to make money and become successful! How dare they charge money for things! They should give everything for free and make absolutely no money at all and go bankrupt! (im being sarcastic guys)

I'm pretty happy about this. He should have known that his company is a money grabbing company, that only cares about their profits just like Activision. Basically, both of those companies just love to put less content out just to earn a quick buck. But, I can see how companies these days like to do supply & demand to survive economically. Basically, I'm glad that the CEO stepped down. It would be hilarious to see his company go down in flames.

(edited)

Yes, because HOW DARE a company try to make money and become successful! How dare they charge money for things! They should give everything for free and make absolutely no money at all and go bankrupt! (im being sarcastic guys)

It's perfectly fine to force developers to be a certain way just so that you can make a sequel.

It's perfectly fine to take advantage of smaller companies by tempting them with money only to earn triple that and make them go bankrupt.

It's fair to make people pay for the multiplayer of a game they already purchased.

It's fair to force elements into a game to make it sell better for their own advertising and monetary gain, not the developers.

It's a generally accepted practice to make hundreds of thousands of fans of multiple series' upset with your rushed and illogical plans.

All in all, it's a good idea to be the pinnacle of corporate greed in the gaming industry.

Edited by Twiliscael

I don't really like how EA makes you pay all kinds of money for their games expansions and heck even online.. So I have to say i hope a new president will be better, but thats not saying it will, infact I imagine the company as a whole will still continue the practices for the most part.

(edited)

You know can still make money without raping the customers up the ass.

This is the problem with your argument. EA has shown repeatedly that they only care about the money, and it's harder to support your favorite games when the big guy controlling them is repeatedly fucking you over as a customer. It's the same problem with Capcpom and Activisiom(the reason I'm lumping them together is because all 3 publishers are on the same boat with how many gamers currently see them, which will help me explain why everyone hates EA). How many developers have they screwed over? How many top guys from Capcom has left because they're business was a disaster? How many studios has Activision killed because they want to milk Guitar Hero and Call of Duty? And most importantly how many loyal fans have they lost because of things like DRMs, on-disc DLC, and oversaturation?

Sure Activision is still going strong with CoD being the behemoth it is, but EA being elected worst company of 2011 won't exactly make them look good, especially after nominated again this year with the recent poop stain that is SimCity's launch, and most of Capcom's sales have been dismal since 2011. My point is, just because your a business doesn't excuse you for being greedy, there's a reason why you always see people calling out companies like EA and not Nintendo or Valve for example. It's because those company's head hanchos actually treat their customers and employees with respect, especially with Iwata and Gabe Newell being developers and gamers themselves, which already puts them above most CEOs in gaming; and they'll even admit when they make mistakes(like when Iwata took a 50% pay cut after the disastrous 3DS launch, for example), compared to EA who blames everything else for their mistakes(like when they blamed the critics for Medal of Honor's poor sales), or even people instead of fixing their poor business practices. It doesn't matter if a casual gamer buys it, but when a lot of people call out on EA's poor business ideas, they should actually take it into consideration instead of brushing it off like it's nothing, espcially when it'll but them in the ass, like SimCity's DRM(which I think will cause more piracy than it will to prevent). Hell, I'm surpised by the games they had for the apology offer, which I'll say is a step in the right direction.

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but I really had to get all of that off my chest

I'm glad this guys leaving, but until they fix their problems and actually see their customers as more than just gullible dollar signs, they deserve all of the hate they get. Also, no one likes Origin EA, quit trying to force it down everyone's throats.

Edited by Megas75

(edited)

EA is EA. They will continue to work towards the same formula: Buy popular game studios, milk them for all they have, then throw them off to the side.

This is arguably the most profitable model, which is why it's always done. Stockholders want money and the stock level EA had back before 2008, and they feel that (that) is the only way to do it.

Then again, you could be the other extreme opposite: Valve. Valve is extremely open with its games and digital distribution system, and it listens to what its fans want.  So, it is doing extremely, exponentially well.

I guess it depends on who's the ultimate boss of each company (EA stock holders vs Gabe Newell) and what each believes in.

Edited by ThePilotGuy

It's perfectly fine to force developers to be a certain way just so that you can make a sequel.

It's perfectly fine to take advantage of smaller companies by tempting them with money only to earn triple that and make them go bankrupt.

It's fair to make people pay for the multiplayer of a game they already purchased.

It's fair to force elements into a game to make it sell better for their own advertising and monetary gain, not the developers.

It's a generally accepted practice to make hundreds of thousands of fans of multiple series' upset with your rushed and illogical plans.

All in all, it's a good idea to be the pinnacle of corporate greed in the gaming industry.

You guys do seem to be forgetting that at the end of the day, they are a company, and money is what matters for a company to be successful.

You guys do seem to be forgetting that at the end of the day, they are a company, and money is what matters for a company to be successful.

By destroying the very industry that keeps their company alive with their bad business practices, EA is shooting themselves in the foot.

I just REALLY hopes this means they will make an offline mode for the new SimCity. I have been holding out on that game for that one  reason, the always online DRM. 

And in order for a company to receive money, they need the customers. When they make god-awful games that everyone hates, the customers get wise to EA's money-hungry schemes and refuse to buy EA's products. When the customers go away, the profit goes away. EA is destroying itself because the company is too greedy to see that if they actually make good games, people will buy them and they will make even more money.

Now if only Bobby Kotick would step down from being CEO at Activision.

that would be a miracle really. WoW's been getting pretty bad lately, especially in regards to CS. just seems like they think we won't quit, no matter how badly we're treated.though I heard, he's trying to get EA's shares or something...I shudder to think, what would happen then.

that would be a miracle really. WoW's been getting pretty bad lately, especially in regards to CS. just seems like they think we won't quit, no matter how badly we're treated.though I heard, he's trying to get EA's shares or something...I shudder to think, what would happen then.

Call of Duty has got it pretty bad as well. What was once a beloved, solid game franchise is now nothing but a yearly map pack with additional paid DLC and microtransactions thrown in for good measure.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra $60 on DLC so much if I knew they weren't going abandon the game exactly one year later. Whatever happened to supporting games for several years? Now all they care about is their bottomline.

Call of Duty has got it pretty bad as well. What was once a beloved, solid game franchise is now nothing but a yearly map pack with additional paid DLC and microtransactions thrown in for good measure. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $60 on DLC so much if I knew they weren't going abandon the game exactly one year later. Whatever happened to supporting games for several years? Now all they care about is their bottomline.

yeah, I got Black Ops II for christmas, and I'm starting to regret it...I thought was a training mode in it, to help you get accustomed to the controls, but there isn't one. there's a mode, where you fight the computer player, but "training mode" to me, is using specific weapons to fire at stationary targets, or a tutorial so to speak.

and as for why Activision abandons their CoD a year afterwards, is because, of the new CoD coming out this Nov. Modern Warfare 4...Nov '14 will be Black Ops 3, and the following year, will be Modern Warfare 5...they'll probably throw in World at War 2 or 3 in there somewhere. (calling it. :P)

(edited)

And for them to be successful as a company, they need consumer trust, and when they piss off consumers so much, it's going to hurt them in the long run. As I said earlier, it's already hurting Capcom, and it's gonna hurt EA, hell, they've already shelved Medal of Honor

Edited by Megas75

And for them to be successful as a company, they need consumer trust, and when they piss off consumers so much, it's going to hurt them in the long run. As I said earlier, it's already hurting Capcom, and it's gonna hurt EA, hell, they've already shelved Medal of Honor

Well, how come they are making so much money then? I'm not a fanboy, but I'm just saying, you say that you hate them so much yet you still keep buying what they produce.

Yes but maybe you should let them know that they can't keep doing this by not giving them your money. Everyone gets so mad at how they don't seem to be getting the message that their customers aren't happy, maybe its because they are making so much money off of YOU buying their products.

EA as a company has been dead to me for some time.  Ruining my favourite franchises is something i've come to expect,  so this really isn't good news.  If EA's shown us anything in the past, its that regardless of what changes they make, they still won't listen to their playerbase. EA will still be EA,  hopefully they'll continue to lose money and actually make something worth buying.

Now if Lucy Bradshaw was being fired,  that'd be just super.  

Well, how come they are making so much money then? I'm not a fanboy, but I'm just saying, you say that you hate them so much yet you still keep buying what they produce.

Yes but maybe you should let them know that they can't keep doing this by not giving them your money. Everyone gets so mad at how they don't seem to be getting the message that their customers aren't happy, maybe its because they are making so much money off of YOU buying their products.

When did I say I ever buy their products? Last time I did was back in 2007 for the MoH Anniversary collection, and I haven't bought anything from them since because I didn't like the direction they were taking my favorite franchise of theirs(Medal pf Honor in case you were wondering).

In short, quit lumping people to gether, a big reason is because a lot of their games are very popular among average/"casual" gamers, you know people who usually buy nothing but latest Madden, Call of Duty, other Yearly Shooters, etc, and they're usually not only uninformed most of the time, but are far numerous than the nerds complaining about their products on the internet. Granted, once people DO catch sight of their bullshit, then they start seeing the message; again, no one bought Medal of Honor Warfighter because they were well informed enough to stay away from it, and now EA isn't gonna make any MoH games for a while.