Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Minecraft: Gold or Diamond?

PINEApplejack

Gold vs. Diamond  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like gold or diamond more?

• Diamond
    • Gold

In my opinion, Gold looks better than Diamond. 

So ill go with Gold.

My friends always tell me ''Friend: Why are you so happy when you get gold?! Me: BRO ITS GOLD!''.

My MC account got stolen, so ill have to get a new one soon..

Edited by KToadstool

God. *flips table* I accidently pushed diamond when I was going for gold.

To me, gold is like having a trolling account whenever you enchant the items n such (which I already have a godly gold sword/pick) and since I like to make people a little upset, I like gold.

Also, golden weps and armor look amazing. I personally love the looks and style they offer when you use a texture pack.

Another reason why I love gold would be that if you were to enchant a pick and get unbreaking III-IV, then you're gunna have that pick for a long while before it breaks.

ANd the last reason would be, well it looks fairly nice on Fluttershy. It matches her colors pretty well~

Edited by Moon Wave

Gold has more of a royal and wealthy feel to it, but Diamond does look kinda cool at the same time.

I think I like gold better overall, even if its kinda useless Xd. It still looks good, and texture packs make some pretty cool stuff for it to :).

Well, I "like" diamonds because they're extremely useful. (Not to say that gold isn't useful, but I don't use the items you can craft with it much in survival mode.)

Edited by ThePilotGuy

Diamond is better for multiple reasons.  One, it is stronger.  Two, it is more durable and doesn't break as easily.  Three, it is cooler looking.  Four, you need it to mine obsidian.  Five, It keeps mobs at bay.  So those are the five reasons that Diamond is better that gold.  Yeah gold is shiny but diamond is SEE THROUGH!  anyways, thanks to anyone who took the time to read this reply and I hope that I get to read a lot of good ones myself.  Until then please don't hesitate to give me feedback or ask me questions.

post-11645-0-38433900-1363791177_thumb.png

Yes diamond does do everything much better in every aspect EXCEPT ((to most)) looks. If you give thought that looks are comparable to diamond, then gold has some popularity.

Yeah gold is shiny but diamond is SEE THROUGH!

img-1291194-1-attachicon.gifminecraft_diamond_sword_phone_background_by_bronte12-d5wt3tm.png

I dont think diamond is see through im minecraft. It may be in reality, but games can do what they want with it.

EDIT: This would be the only time I would use diamond.

post-380-0-18513200-1363792108.png

And that's not even in mc.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok that edit up there ^ is actually stupid. The only time id actually use diamond is if im killing mobs or if im using an amazing tex pack.

THe one im using now makes diamond armor look pretty sweet, so ill definiately be using it then.

Edited by Moon Wave

Diamond is far superior in every way, not just in Minecraft, but it real life.

For some reason I don't understand, people seem to think of gold as being hard shtuffz, but it's really not. At a 2.5 on the Mohs scale, It's a very soft metal, that can actually be molded with just your hands when in it's solid form. Diamonds, as everyone knows, are the hardest substance known to mankind. They set the high standard at 10 on the Mohs scale, which already puts them far above gold.

And let's be honest here, gold is a pretty ugly color, just sayin'. I don't understand why people like it so much. Sure, it's rare, but even in real life it's uses are limited in comparison with a lot of other elements and minerals. Gold is not completely useless, but most of it is used in pointless jewelery. Come on, peoplez, pick something harder for your rings so they don't break so easily! D: Titanium would be a safer bet. :3

Plus, Diamond is more Kloppish. :3

• Brohoof 1

Gold... For one reason and one reason only....

TIR 2 GOLD APPLES!!!!

And also you get tir 1 gold apples, and also gold carrots that can give you useless night vision and awesom invisibility!

Yes diamond does do everything much better in every aspect EXCEPT ((to most)) looks. If you give thought that looks are comparable to diamond, then gold has some popularity.

I dont think diamond is see through im minecraft. It may be in reality, but games can do what they want with it.

EDIT: This would be the only time I would use diamond.

attachicon.gif45.png

And that's not even in mc.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok that edit up there ^ is actually stupid. The only time id actually use diamond is if im killing mobs or if im using an amazing tex pack.

THe one im using now makes diamond armor look pretty sweet, so ill definiately be using it then.

If you have a high enough resolution and a good enough video card in your computer they become transparent.  That includes everything made of Diamonds.

For some reason I don't understand, people seem to think of gold as being hard shtuffz, but it's really not. At a 2.5 on the Mohs scale, It's a very soft metal, that can actually be molded with just your hands when in it's solid form. Diamonds, as everyone knows, are the hardest substance known to mankind. They set the high standard at 10 on the Mohs scale, which already puts them far above gold.

However, take note that diamond weaponry/armor would not exactly be overly useful, as diamond is in fact pretty brittle as well.

In any case, my opinion really depends on the texture pack I'm using, as others have said. With the default, it's gold all the way, though.

And let's be honest here, gold is a pretty ugly color, just sayin'. I don't understand why people like it so much. Sure, it's rare, but even in real life it's uses are limited in comparison with a lot of other elements and minerals. Gold is not completely useless, but most of it is used in pointless jewelery. Come on, peoplez, pick something harder for your rings so they don't break so easily! D: Titanium would be a safer bet. :3

Plus, Diamond is more Kloppish. :3

Oh, Klopp... you've really outdone yourself... 

Basically what he said. Plus, who doesn't like the sparkly, semi-transparent, sometimes rainbow light shine that the diamond radiates. So... pretty...

3566510960_484d781a81_m.jpg

LAPIS! Lapis is the winner. Lapis is not an option here? Everybody hates lapis.. sad.png

Well since lapis is not an option, I'll have to go with gold coz is swag.