Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever "pulled off a Derpy"?

Courageous Thunder Dash

I certainly have, quite a bit. From saying "I just don't know what went wrong," to being just downright clumsy. 

A time where I pulled off a major Derpy was when I went snowboarding this last spring break. I was trying to heel-stop but leaned back too far, fell right on my rear and took down a skier that was in front of me. I was like "Oops, my bad!" 

So, have you pulled off a Derpy?

When? What happened?

• Brohoof 2

Well, I know ive done some moments like that before but the only one I can remember is when my friend ''pulled off a Derpu''

It was when my friend Eric and I were at a church workshop down in Georgia. We were doing something in groups that involved putting chairs in a circle.
Well I went to goto the bathroom and later when I come back to sit in my seat, I flip backward.
Because APPARENTLLY my friend and I timed it right to where when I turned around he grabbed my seat not knowing I was gunna sit down in it.
So..
After he realized I fell down though, he let out a little "Oops, my bad!"

Edited by Moon Wave
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I know ive done some moments like that before but the only one I can remember is when my friend ''pulled off a Derpu''

It was when my friend Eric and I were at a church workshop down in Georgia. We were doing something in groups that involved putting chairs in a circle.

Well I went to goto the bathroom and later when I come back to sit in my seat, I flip backward.

Because APPARENTLLY my friend and I timed it right to where when I turned around he grabbed my seat not knowing I was gunna sit down in it.

So..

After he realized I fell down though, he let out a little "Oops, my bad!"

That is so awesome. A "planned" Derpy! Those are the greatest, especially if you pull off a Derpy on an unsuspecting person and act like it was an accident. 

That is so awesome. A "planned" Derpy! Those are the greatest, especially if you pull off a Derpy on an unsuspecting person and act like it was an accident. 

Well actually, it was really an accident. He thought that noone was sitting in the chair at the time so he took it it to use it for himself. He didnt see me coming though, so that's why he thought what he thought.

Occasionally I attempt to affix my eyes to opposite directions, but I always get scared that I'll hurt myself somehow.

As for clumsiness, there are moments when I feel like an utter klutz, but nothing too terrible.

My voice is just really derpy in general and I don't like listening to it. I stutter when I'm nervous and it makes me sound kinda dumb, but others say its part of me. That would be the closest I've come to that I guess.

Yeah.

Yesterday my mom was making dinner.

I went in the kitchen to grab a can of coke and a fork.

I start banging my fork into my can and it somehow started spraying all over the place.

My mom was extremely mad at me..

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 4

I was mad at a friend of mine for who knows what reason a while back, and was chasing him around a hill. I face planted into the dirt, reached out for his leg, grabbed, and pulled. Turns out it wasn't his leg, but rather some poor, random girl. Needless to say, she did not appreciate the event, but it makes a good story to tell now.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, there was that awkward moment a while back when I was doing some maintenance and I restarted the server while Feld0 was making a post. His post was gone. This is kinda how the conversation went:

Feld0: Are you doing something with the server?
Me: Oh, yeah, I just rebooted it so that the settings could take into effect.
Feld0: I was working on a post.
Me: Oh...
Feld0: img-1292992-1-sad.png
Me: DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP! img-1292992-2-derpy_emoticon1.png

I think he had a copy saved somewhere or some other way of recovery, but I was honestly speechless except for "derp" at that time.

Edited by Key Gear
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, there was that awkward moment a while back when I was doing some maintenance and I restarted the server while Feld0 was making a post. His post was gone. This is kinda how the conversation went:

Feld0: sad.png

Me: DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP! derpy_emoticon1.png

And Feld0 was probably thinking "I just don't know what went wrong." LOL. 

That actually happened to me in programming the other day. I was compiling a program and accidently executed a data file into the program, which wiped out all of the work I put into making that program...fortunately, I had a backup, which I submitted a day before, since the assignment was late. 

I, personally, have never pulled off a Derpy.

But I HAVE pulled off a Django in a left 4 dead server some time ago when someone pronounced the D in my name.

Feld0: sad.png

Me: DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP! derpy_emoticon1.png

Speaking of @@Feld0, I'm reminded of my inevitable newbie mistakes. Went to go bug him at 6 AM about it. I was fairly anxious at the time </3

~Chaotic Discord~: Hey, are you lurking about anywhere?

Feld0: Sort of.

~Chaotic Discord~: ^^; Well, I do believe I may have accidentally deleted an FAQ entry while harmlessly attempting to remove spam bot comments from it. I don't know if there's a way to correct that, but if not, I can help redo the page in question. It was the simple one in Site Questions & Feedback, talking about what badges under a person's avatar were for.

Feld0: Deleted, not hidden?

~Chaotic Discord~: No it's definitely deleted ;.;

Feld0: sleep.png

~Translatory Sequence Initiated~

FixItMaybe.png

@NewbieGlobalModProblems

• Brohoof 7

Speaking of @@Feld0, I'm reminded of my inevitable newbie mistakes. Went to go bug him at 6 AM about it. I was fairly anxious at the time </3

~Translatory Sequence Initiated~

FixItMaybe.png

@NewbieGlobalModProblems

Ha! You call that a derp? That's nothing. 

Back in the day, I once accidentally suspended someone when I was supposed to put them on the mod queue. It was quite silly. BUT THOSE BUTTONS ARE SO CLOSE TOGETHER SERIOUSLY WHY NO ONE MAKE THIS MISTAKE 

...Luckily, Mr. Zoopaloops was there to clean up after my stupid derpy derp. 

(Note, I rarely derped like that. So don't think I was like, a stupid poo poo head. ^^; IT WAS JUST ONE TIME GUYS.)

yeah I have those moments all the time. Times when i'm clumsy and just trip and fall on my face for no apparent reason.derpy_emoticon1.png

There was also this one time where I was looking at this statue and I somehow knocked it over and shattered on the ground. then everyone got quiet and stared at me. So I say, "Opps, my bad!".

I definitely have. Absolutely. I was in math class and I did a problem up on the white board and apparently it was wrong. The teacher started to stare at me and that's when I added "I just don't know what went wrong."

• Brohoof 3

Lol yea working on the senior class play in the back room painting and their happened to be a 2 by 4 behind me that i triped over fell back and kicked over an entire can of paint...that was probably one of my bigest derp moments i've had in a while...derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 2

Once I walked into the bathroom, aiming to spit into the sink, which has become a habit for me. However, for reasons unknown to me instead of waiting until I got to the sink I just spat right there on the middle of the floor as soon as I turned the light on. I was thinking to myself "what am I even doing" as soon as I was in the process of performing the spitting action, by which point it was too late to stop.

I don't even know how I managed to do that, lol. 

I always pull a Derpy in math because well I never was good at math and always hated it. My math teacher wanted me to solve this problem so I pretended to know it and said '' I don't know what went wrong.'' I guess everyone can pull a Derpy.

I pulled a Derpy when I decide its a good thing to do to jump off a balcony into a pool.   

Cept' I miss the pool and end up breaking my left arm, dislocating that shoulder, cracking 3 of my ribs and fracturing my ankle

I was lying in the hospital bed just repeating "I just don't know what went wrong!"

Approximately 103.6% of the time; which is to say every day and always. 9_6

From forgetting peoples' names five minutes after meeting them to only losing the important school assignments to always sleeping through my alarm, I am a total derp. If any of y'allz ever talk to me in a conversation, I'd wager it'll take about half an hour at most for me to do something totally derpy.

To sum everything up,

mlfw5712.gif?1347574271

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...

Yeah, 

Few years ago, I made some hot pockets. I walked away, I come back like 15mins let and see the hot pockets and freak out! and start asking who made them? who is wasting food?!... My step brother yells at me "Hey stupid you made them... put the pipe down for 2mins you dip shit stoner"

Yes I have pulled off a derpy more then once lol to meany to name but one of them was when I was 17 teen years old I was making a movie and did not see were I was going and hit my head on the celling it hart a lot and my video camera filmed the hole thing lol

We've ALL had derp moments :P thats how she got her name in the first place, she is THE derp! :)

when I went snowboarding this last spring break.

this reminded me though, that and I found my old ski goggles recently..

Years ago was on a ski trip with my Middle School class and I was using ski blades as per my usual, a fairly new thing at the time :) . Sadly the snow was somewhat lacking this day :/ But they did have the makers going and it was on the slopes.

I was going down a hill and coming to a sharp turn, KNOWING the edges were thinly snow covered I went for the wide turn on it anyways... BAD move..

Nailed a rock and came down HARD, face planted into a pile of exposed stone long the edge of the trail went airborne off the impact, and flipped over a couple times. When I finally landed my right ski slammed down hard enough it actually snapped in half. Forcing me to walk down the rest of the way!

I felt like a pure idiot for that maneuver :P

On the plus I was wearing my carhart jacket and some cheapo THICK ski goggles, so what could've resulted in half my face being shaved off and a broken shoulder ended up more a bruised shoulder, a few scrapes on my cheak and a busted ego...

I've never had the inclination to even look at the expensive thin goggles since then though.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

Only one incident comes to mind. This was equally a cousin's fault.

He had an ATV when we were little and we would ride it around a massive field behind his house. He also lived next door to our aunt Barbara. One day we had the bright idea to borrow an old wagon she had that was often hitched to a lawnmower to haul around firewood. We hitched the wagon to his ATV and I rode in it while he pulled me through the field at what was, unbeknownst to me at the time, quite literally breakneck speeds. He hit a hole in the ground he couldn't see due to the grass being too tall, resulting in the wagon tongue breaking. He continued to ride off oblivious to this event while the wagon containing me came to an abrupt stop. I slid forward as the front end dipped, my chest slammed into the front of the wagon, and I was catapulted a considerable distance.

Recall the incident with Applejack and Rainbow Dash in episode four. :derp:

Upon returning to the ground, I landed upside down with my head cocked to the side so that all of my weight came down on my neck. Fortunately, it didn't break. I did get back to my feet, staggered about for a few seconds, then collapsed to the ground struggling for breath. Once it finally came to me, I was able to walk again albeit with an immense headache for the remainder of the day. We abandoned the now destroyed wagon in the field to go watch some TV.

Sorry aunt Barbara. No firewood for you this winter...

• Brohoof 2

Never :derp:!

Yes.

So

Much

Yes.

I dropped my phone, picked it up, fell, and dropped my phone again. Then freaked out about where my phone was when it was where I put it, in my pocket.

• Brohoof 3