Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever "pulled off a Derpy"?

Courageous Thunder Dash

I was working at my law school's clinic last semester and I got the reputation as the person who always fell down the stairs.  I had dress shoes with leather soles and we had one staircase that got slippery all the time.  Needless to say shoes with no tread and slippery floors plus a generally clumsy person make for frequent accidents.  Luckily I never hurt myself too bad but I definitely will never live down that reputation.

Well, one time my friend was staying the night with me and I was trying to do push-ups....with socks on. Long story short, the socks made me slip and I face-planted onto the carpet. Carpet is actually surprisingly rough to face-plant on.

All I heard from my non-brony friend was laughter and then, "You just don't know what went wrong!" 

I was out skying for the first time with a friend and we both had gotten a crash course in how to ski. I was going down a slop and well... I forgot how to slow down... So I'm all like "Well crap..." I don't want to turn in fer of hitting someone else so I go all te way down and slow down right in front of the ski patrol's hut and crash right into the front door. Then one of them comes out and gives me a look.

"Can I help you?"

"No I'm fine" And i waddle off embarrassed.

One "Derpy" moment I had that really stood out was on one evening during last Spring's EquestriaLA, in the hotel room I was in. Two of my roommates were playing video games on the TV, and I reached down to remove my iPhone power adapter from the extension outlet (where the TV was also plugged into). When removing the adapter, I mistakenly pull the entire extension outlet from the wall, thus shutting off the TV entirely and sabotaging whatever game my roommates were playing. Within just a few seconds of realizing what I just did, I immediately said "I just don't know what went wrong!". It resulted in a great laugh, and it was the most perfect occasion for me to utter that line.

• Brohoof 1

I dropped my phone, picked it up, fell, and dropped my phone again. Then freaked out about where my phone was when it was where I put it, in my pocket

LOL, and worse, they have a term for this sort of situation.

"Glasses on forehead syndrome"

I broke my left arm after falling over a log in school if that counts lol

lol

but the better question is.. what were you doing trying to walk over the log? it was clearly there first! :P

This reminded me how I broke my arm..... A real bone headed move...

Both bones in the right forearm, nice and clean, added a third joint.. yummy..

I was playing street hockey at first on roller blades, and then we switched games to hide tag sometime later. I never took my blades off for some reason.. So while chasing one kid I ran across a gravel driveway (skates still on), jumped on a really old wood wagon that was sitting next to an ancient looking wood fence, skated across the wagon and jumped on the exposed wheel on the other side so i could jump over the fence.............

yeah, the wheel was elevated and off the ground, so it spun and I rolled over as I jumped the fence. Came right down and.. well.. didn't feel a thing. Just suddenly couldn't move my arm. It was neatly wrapped around the front of my chest in a very unnatural way though.

I still feel stupid for that move.. Should've known the wheel was loose, and that jumping the fence was a bad idea in roller blades to begin with...

oh oh, another good one.. wasn't technically me, but I was there!

Twas back when I first got into the Fleet after joining the Navy.

While running the Huffer air start unit during a pre-launch start up one of the squad jets (EA-6B's) we couldn't get it to turn over for some reason.

We checked and rechecked the system, battery, fuel etc.. So this one guy goes over to the fuel cutoff switch and jiggles it as we're still trying to turn it on... MASSIVE fireball fires out of the top of this thing and flies right over the jet.

Its pitch black out being night shift, and yet you could still see the pilots eyes WIDE in fear as he's gripping the ejection handle over his head (He pulls, all four officers in the aircraft automatically go with him BTW)  He thought the jet had caught on fire and nearly pulled it until the poof settled and the huffer started running normally :)

I was at the control panel, no more than 3 ft away from the fireball laughing my ass off at it though. The guy who jiggled the handle.. got a good trimming on his eye brows that night too :) He was a foot or so below the exhaust when it fired (it shoots up BTW, he was looking directly into the flames as they puffed)

Putting things into perspective though, if the unit had actually blown up, tests show it could've scattered debris up to 3 miles away!... I still thought it was funny..

But yeah.. never play with the fuel switch WHILE someones trying to turn on a jet engine.... that could be BAAD...

Well, one time I was trying to open the front door of my house and it was locked with the bolt (which I didn't notice for some reason, I just assumed it was jammed) After two minutes or so I pulled on the door so hard that I kind of ripped one of the hinges out and made the door half fall over ._.

Another time I was skiing and I forgot to put one of my boots on properly and one of my skis went flying off down the mountain  and I had to half limp after it with one ski on (I can't even count the amount of times I fell down :P)

I was playing Murder ( Garry's mod) last night and I had the gun. We had like 20 people one one room, and some guy just starts stabbing everybody. I shoot him twice but due to lag the shots didn't register, and I got stabbed myself. I actually said "I just don't know what went wrong" into my mic.

i was walking a couple steps backwards and my right foot hit my friends schoolbag, i completely lost my footing and fell into a cabinet.

in maths today i thought the teacher said "you can learn a lot from the stem of a leaf." so i said "you can tell how old the tree it came from is cant you?" and everyone started laughing at me cause he really said "you can learn a lot from stem and leaf." which is some chart thingy or something.

I pull Derpies a lot, after all, it is almost tradition for me to hit my foot at last three times a week (hurts like a bitch) and I am prone to accidents. What sucks for me, is that I have a very low pain threshold. This doesn't help when I Derpyvolve... For example, I was 9 years old, and riding my bike. Neighbours were doing something with the garden, so there was a decent sized ramp-shaped pile of dirt on the ground. I jumped over it about 10 times, until disaster struck. As wind started blowing, the oak trees started dropping acorns on the path. I took a runup and gunned it (for as far as you can do that on a bike). However, I hit the acorns, lost control, the bike spun and slipped from underneath me, launching me into a frontflip that ended with a landing with my back on the edge of the ramp. Ouch.

I've had some dumb stuff too. For example, when I was 6, it was early in the morning and I wanted to see my mom. I walked down the stairs, but fell over on the last step. I slammed straight onto the ground with my cheek, shattering many blood vessels and completely covering my face in blood. I had to go to the hospital to have it fixed.

I also have a scar from falling down the stairs, I broke multiple things while falling down the stairs, I've crushed my hand under my bike in a crash, I've had head-on bike crashes with my brother multiple times, in short, I am a Derpy.

And it doesn't stop there, I do computer Derpies too. For example, I was recording another 40-minute Minecraft episode, but bootcamping my Mac had somehow set the recording location to the recovery partition. The recovery partition deleted the video, but the mapper thought it was still there, so my harddrive exploded all over the place. My computer wizard brother took 3 hours to fix it, by entirely remapping my drive.

It's surprising that only 1 time, I broke bones. That was when I got hit by a car. I was crossing a road on the bike, there was a drunken man speeding in a silver car on the wrong lane. The car hit the front wheel, tearing the bike from underneath me, causing me to fall sideways and clip my leg on the rear tire of the car, snapping my fibula in half and cracking my shinbone. the most strange thing, was that 3 minutes prior to the crash, I thought of that exact incident. Including the silver car and the partial scoop up. Exactly. I could go more in depth there and tell my life story, but this is a Derpy thread.

Edited by RubyVesper
  • Brohoof 1

I pull Derpies a lot, after all, it is almost tradition for me to hit my foot at last three times a week (hurts like a bitch) and I am prone to accidents. What sucks for me, is that I have a very low pain threshold. This doesn't help when I Derpyvolve... For example, I was 9 years old, and riding my bike. Neighbours were doing something with the garden, so there was a decent sized ramp-shaped pile of dirt on the ground. I jumped over it about 10 times, until disaster struck. As wind started blowing, the oak trees started dropping acorns on the path. I took a runup and gunned it (for as far as you can do that on a bike). However, I hit the acorns, lost control, the bike spun and slipped from underneath me, launching me into a frontflip that ended with a landing with my back on the edge of the ramp. Ouch.I've had some dumb stuff too. For example, when I was 6, it was early in the morning and I wanted to see my mom. I walked down the stairs, but fell over on the last step. I slammed straight onto the ground with my cheek, shattering many blood vessels and completely covering my face in blood. I had to go to the hospital to have it fixed.I also have a scar from falling down the stairs, I broke multiple things while falling down the stairs, I've crushed my hand under my bike in a crash, I've had head-on bike crashes with my brother multiple times, in short, I am a Derpy.And it doesn't stop there, I do computer Derpies too. For example, I was recording another 40-minute Minecraft episode, but bootcamping my Mac had somehow set the recording location to the recovery partition. The recovery partition deleted the video, but the mapper thought it was still there, so my harddrive exploded all over the place. My computer wizard brother took 3 hours to fix it, by entirely remapping my drive.It's surprising that only 1 time, I broke bones. That was when I got hit by a car. I was crossing a road on the bike, there was a drunken man speeding in a silver car on the wrong lane. The car hit the front wheel, tearing the bike from underneath me, causing me to fall sideways and clip my leg on the rear tire of the car, snapping my fibula in half and cracking my shinbone. the most strange thing, was that 3 minutes prior to the crash, I thought of that exact incident. Including the silver car and the partial scoop up. Exactly. I could go more in depth there and tell my life story, but this is a Derpy thread.

A few things;

1. Are you part of my family

2. That's a crazy life.

3. Please make a blog with your life story <3

On topic; I had another Derpy moment today. I pulled out my Xbox to fix it. Dropped it on my foot, put it back, and dropped it on my foot again along with a slab of wood. I think it's broken.

• Brohoof 3

Oh jeez, that's gotta hurt. How'd you fall over a log?

Basically in my schools' courtyard there was a log circle, at break time me and some other people were playing hopscotch on the logs and I fell off and the next thing I knew I was sobbing on the floor feeling a searing pain in my arm xD

lol

but the better question is.. what were you doing trying to walk over the log? it was clearly there first! :P

I was like 10, I literally knew nothing about logs and balance and all that at that age haha

Edited by MorningFlash
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really forgetful, so these kind of things happen all the time.

Yesterday, we were doing archery (I'm quite good), and I just shot before the teacher said to shoot. When leaving school, I stay in front of my locker for around three minutes, trying not to forget anything. I always forget something.

I think I have some kind of dyslexia, but I'd better not use this as an excuse. :P I work hard and succesfully enter in honor classes.

Ohhh, just thought of one

So on New Years eve I was bringing some champagne glasses upstairs, and I had just woken up from a nap so I was half asleep. So I was carrying the glasses up the stairs when I slipped fell forward dropped both glasses shattering them all over the stairs.  that was a definite "I just don't know what went wrong" moment  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

This cute girl was working the register at an ice cream place

i asked for a hot fudge milkshake. (i got mixed up between a sundae and a milkshake)

when she gave me the chocolate shake i dropped it on the ground

then i slipped 

it was so funny

• Brohoof 1

I think I've made so many derps that it would be too much to post them all here. A good lot of em consist of me reading something wrong and then writing nonsense replies to it.