Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Scootaloodles: House music thread

Scootaloodle

Yeah so I wanted to do a House thread, bit nervous about the reaction worry no ones gonna be interested but anyways can't do any harm trying, I think there's an EDM thread by Viscara but there's lots of EDM styles and personally I don't listen to any EDM apart from House most of the time and House is my passion and I'm hoping to meet others who share my music tastes on here.

I like many subgenres, but I'm more into the stripped down and Funky, Discoish and Soulful stuff and not so much the more Euro-Dance sounding stuff or Electro or that stuff on the radio in the mainstream at the moment. But if you like that style of House feel free to post. Although if it is actual Euro-Dance or Trance or anything that is not technically House then please post it else where.

Anyway some song's I loveimg-1294485-1-smile.png

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 2

House music thread? That's cool, I personally like the kind of House stuff that was around when the rave scene was first growing, you know stuff like Daft Punk, Justice, and Underworld. I'm not that big of a fan of the more recent House stuff that's been coming out, though sometimes if it's done right then it can sound good. Also the so called "EDM thread" is Viscara's Electronic Thread you're talking about right? I've posted some non-EDM related electronic songs in there. But anyways have two songs that I really like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40OHOhcVLgk

Also I've looked it up, Underworld can qualify as both a Trance and a House band

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

House music thread? That's cool, I personally like the kind of House stuff that was around when the rave scene was first growing, you know stuff like Daft Punk, Justice, and Underworld. I'm not that big of a fan of the more recent House stuff that's been coming out, though sometimes if it's done right then it can sound good. Also the so called "EDM thread" is Viscara's Electronic Thread you're talking about right? I've posted some non-EDM related electronic songs in there. But anyways have two songs that I really like:

Also I've looked it up, Underworld can qualify as both a Trance and a House band

Yes it was Viscaris EDM thread thanks for reminding me I’ve edited my post to say that smile.png

Good choice of song’s, especially like the Justice one. Not that familiar with either artists music but what I have heard of them I’ve liked and Daft Punk you mentioned are my favourite out of all of them xD

Edited by Asherdangerdash

Yes it was Viscaris EDM thread thanks for reminding me I’ve edited my post to say that smile.png

Good choice of song’s, especially like the Justice one. Not that familiar with either artists music but what I have heard of them I’ve liked and Daft Punk you mentioned are my favourite out of all of them xD

Not familiar with Underworld? They're pretty much my all time favorite EDM band some other good songs that they did are:

Born Slippy.NUXX version

Spikee

Two Months Off

Between Stars

Moaner

Dirty Epic

Jumbo

and Cowgirl (Especially the live version)

And with Justice I only know the songs off of their Cross album. It's cool that I'm not the only one who likes the classic Daft Punk stuff, Discovery is one of the most legendary albums in electronic music history. Also is Breakbeat stuff allowed here, I know it's not technically House music, though it is it's closest relative in EDM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not familiar with Underworld? They're pretty much my all time favorite EDM band some other good songs that they did are:

Born Slippy.NUXX version

Spikee

Two Months Off

Between Stars

Moaner

Dirty Epic

Jumbo

and Cowgirl (Especially the live version)

And with Justice I only know the songs off of their Cross album. It's cool that I'm not the only one who likes the classic Daft Punk stuff, Discovery is one of the most legendary albums in electronic music history. Also is Breakbeat stuff allowed here, I know it's not technically House music, though it is it's closest relative in EDM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA

Discovery is my faverite DP album smile.png

Which ones your favorite song off Discovery? I can't choose but it's either H.B.F.S, Digital Love or One More Time. Hard choice if you ask me xD

Like the song's you posted btw by Chemical Brothers and The Crystal Method

As for breakbeats, if you don't mind I'd personally rather stick to 4/4 in this thread.

Discovery is my faverite DP album smile.png

Which ones your favorite song off Discovery? I can't choose but it's either H.B.F.S, Digital Love or One More Time. Hard choice if you ask me xD

Favorite songs from Discovery for me would have to be Face to Face, Digital Love, and High Life, Harder Better Faster Stronger I found was ruined by Kanye West, I know I shouldn't judge because someone sampled a song, but still it is kind of hard to listen to it without thinking of that crappy song. One More Time is an okay song, I find that there is a lot of DP songs that are better than that one, but it still is a good song to listen to.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite songs from Discovery for me would have to be Face to Face, Digital Love, and High Life, Harder Better Faster Stronger I found was ruined by Kanye West, I know I shouldn't judge because someone sampled a song, but still it is kind of hard to listen to it without thinking of that crappy song. One More Time is an okay song, I find that there is a lot of DP songs that are better than that one, but it still is a good song to listen to.

That's what I thought about Kanye, but I guess it's a compliment he samples Daft Punk, although I might have liked it if he'd kept the Edwin Birdsong- Cola Bottle Baby sample DP used in the music part in instead of just taking the acapella and pitching it down so it sounded weird.

Also High Life I forgot to add to my favorites list of Discovery song's, I love that one :)

That's what I thought about Kanye, but I guess it's a compliment he samples Daft Punk, although I might have liked it if he'd kept the Edwin Birdsong- Cola Bottle Baby sample DP used in the music part in instead of just taking the acapella and pitching it down so it sounded weird.

Also High Life I forgot to add to my favorites list of Discovery song's, I love that one smile.png

Yeah, and hey man speaking of Discovery have you watched the movie they made with the whole album as the soundtrack, it was called Interstella 5555, it made the listening experience of the whole album even more amazing, not that it wasn't even without Interstella 5555. I also had forgotten to add on Aerodynamic and Too Long on my list of favorite songs from that album...nah scratch that all of the songs are pretty amazing. I remember giving that album a 5/5 when I did a review on it, and I don't even give 5/5's that often.

• Brohoof 1

Do I love House music? That's like asking Chowder if he loves food. img-1306723-1-mlp-asquint.png

I loooooove House music. Especially French House. img-1306723-2-mlp-rcrazy.png

I kinda don't know why. There's just something about it that I love more than Techno/Dance/EDM.

The main artists I listen to are Daft Punk (Of course), Justice and deadmau5. Although I am looking for more to listen to.

Pony-wise, there's probably only one musician I know that makes mostly House music in a fandom oversaturated with dubstep music.   img-1306723-3-mlp-prainbow.png

These are my favorites so far:

Edited by Supernova
  • Brohoof 2

Do I love House music? That's like asking Chowder if he loves food. 

I loooooove House music. Especially French House. 

I kinda don't know why. There's just something about it that I love more than Techno/Dance/EDM.

The main artists I listen to are Daft Punk (Of course), Justice and deadmau5. Although I am looking for more to listen to.

Pony-wise, there's probably only one musician I know that makes mostly House music in a fandom oversaturated with dubstep music.   

Daft Punk and Justice are pretty much considered legendary, Deadmau5? I guess he's alright though I prefer his non-house stuff that he's made off of albums like Get Scraped and Project 56, as well as the few tracks from his most recent release.The only Deadmau5 album that I think was really terrible was 4x4=12 to me that album isn't even worth pirating. Disappointing to hear something like that coming from the guy who did the 10 minute masterpiece Strobe. His release from last year was a little bit of a disappointment for me, though not as big of a disappointment as 4x4=12 was. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Do I love House music? That's like asking Chowder if he loves food. img-1306723-1-mlp-asquint.png

I loooooove House music. Especially French House. img-1306723-2-mlp-rcrazy.png

Pony-wise, there's probably only one musician I know that makes mostly House music in a fandom oversaturated with dubstep music.   img-1306723-3-mlp-prainbow.png

These are my favorites so far:

Nice choice of song's, especially love Revolution 909, have that on vinyl and love the music video

I also love French-House, especially some of that late 90s early 2000s stuff like Bob Sinclar, DJ Falcon, Together, Modjo, Cassius etc. You into any of those artists?

Yeah, and hey man speaking of Discovery have you watched the movie they made with the whole album as the soundtrack, it was called Interstella 5555, it made the listening experience of the whole album even more amazing, not that it wasn't even without Interstella 5555. I also had forgotten to add on Aerodynamic and Too Long on my list of favorite songs from that album...nah scratch that all of the songs are pretty amazing. I remember giving that album a 5/5 when I did a review on it, and I don't even give 5/5's that often.

Sorry for the late reply dude

I've seen Interstella 5555 a lot of times, it's a great film quite retro I thought. Discovery was a pretty good album all round I rate it 10/10

• Brohoof 1

Nice choice of song's, especially love Revolution 909, have that on vinyl and love the music video

I also love French-House, especially some of that late 90s early 2000s stuff like Bob Sinclar, DJ Falcon, Together, Modjo, Cassius etc.

I love those guys. DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangatler really made some great tracks, like "So Much Love To Give" and "Call On Me"

I also like Modjo, more specifically "Lady (Hear Me Tonight)". tongue.png

Edited by Supernova
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love those guys. DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangatler really made some great tracks, like "So Much Love To Give" and "Call On Me"

I also like Modjo, more specifically "Lady (Hear Me Tonight)". img-1307309-1-tongue.png

I love Lady (hear me tonight) to, it was composed in part by a guy called Nile Rogers who is on the new Daft Punk album coming out soon smile.png

Talking of Nile Rogers and Modjo: have you heard the orignal to LHMT before? if your used to LHMT it sounds a bit weird and slow but I kinda like it :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody ever heard of DJ Tonka?

I just heard his music a couple days ago and now I can't stop!

*Sigh* I love Chicago House...

He's seriously underrated given how talented he is.

I love Lady (hear me tonight) to, it was composed in part by a guy called Nile Rogers who is on the new Daft Punk album coming out soon img-1312721-2-smile.png

Talking of Nile Rogers and Modjo: have you heard the orignal to LHMT before? if your used to LHMT it sounds a bit weird and slow but I kinda like it smile.png

Yup, I saw that on Who Sampled. :lol:

And I also heard about Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk collaborating. I can't wait to see what the the result will be!

By the way, Modjo sampled another Chic song for Chillin': Le Freak, although I don't really hear it...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anybody ever heard of DJ Tonka?

I just heard his music a couple days ago and now I can't stop!

*Sigh* I love Chicago House...

He's seriously underrated given how talented he is.

Yup, I saw that on Who Sampled. img-1360867-1-laugh.png

And I also heard about Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk collaborating. I can't wait to see what the the result will be!

By the way, Modjo sampled another Chic song for Chillin': Le Freak, although I don't really hear it...

I love DJ Tonka, and Feel is probably my favourite song of his, although tbh I love ‘84’ to and can’t decide between either of them img-1360867-2-smile.png hadn't heard 'radical noise' before that's also good, and yeah Chicago House is super aewsome

Also on the sampling of Modjo- Chillin’, I kinda like messing about with samples and that kinda thing so short video I made for u if you wanted to know where the samples are in Chic- Le Freak (video in link below but can't see to get it to come up in the browser for some reason)

Can't wait to hear Nile and Daft Punk's collab, the demo I've heard of the new album sounds soo aewsome!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of Daft Punk...

Has anyone heard Guy-Manuel and Bangalter's separate songs?

This one from Guy-Man's duo Le Knight Club is awesome and my favorite from them: mlp-dawesome.png

And this is my favorite from Bangalter:

• Brohoof 3

omg this thread is greatimg-1382643-1-wub.png

The music in here is awesome, especially that last Bangalter track.

I listen to many subgenres of House, but French House is one of my favourites.

you should check out Disco Future Records' Soundcloud, they have a ton of French House there (and it's free!)

https://soundcloud.com/discofuturerecords

You should also check out Phunk Investigation & Schuhmacher. They make a combination of French House and Tech House, another subgenre I love

Edited by itshawk
  • Brohoof 1

Underworld and Crystal Method? This is not the general EDM thread  :P

I love House Music and it's still my favorite music to mix or make. I like that its got a load of flavors, a rich history, and a load of great innovators over the years. The fact that we still talk about Daft Punk (and all their wonderful side projects) and French House speaks volumes to me.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/rym_ultimate_box_set__house

^ Here's a wealth of history, subgenres, and recommendations for each.

One of my favorites was Armand Van Helden and all his wonderful remixes and tracks. This dark little speed garage gem is a classic

Here's one of my favorite overlooked deep house tracks from the 2000's era. Kind of restating

but a little more minimally. Telling you and showing you what house is.

• Brohoof 3

Here's one of my favorite overlooked deep house tracks from the 2000's era. Kind of restating

but a little more minimally. Telling you and showing you what house is.

Deep House? Buck Yeah! Great track.

As said, I like many different kinds of House, but right now, I mostly listen to Deep House and Tech House.

I was scroling through my Youtube playlists and found this:

Edited by itshawk
  • Brohoof 1

Underworld and Crystal Method? This is not the general EDM thread

Yep this isn't the general Electronic music thread, but hey recently everybody's been flooding it with Aphex Twin, so I guess it's gotten more diverse, though since no Breakbeat stuff is allowed on this thread, I can't post anymore of The Crystal Method. Though anyways I'm glad that I'm not the only Underworld fan in here, they are one of the most unique bands in EDM history, that I've listened to.

Yep this isn't the general Electronic music thread, but hey recently everybody's been flooding it with Aphex Twin, so I guess it's gotten more diverse, though since no Breakbeat stuff is allowed on this thread, I can't post anymore of The Crystal Method. Though anyways I'm glad that I'm not the only Underworld fan in here, they are one of the most unique bands in EDM history, that I've listened to.

Yeah i adore Underworld. Fantastic band. If Radiohead were into dance music I think they would be the natural evolution of that.  You've got great taste in older bands.Tell you what though if you want to do make your own Electronica thread or something more specific (breakbeat) I'd gladly join you in posting stuff in it.  

But back to house music!!happy.png

How deep? So deep.

Basic Channel, THE dub techno gods, put out a series of amazing dubby house tracks as Round One-Four

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6UKryRa4E

Ooh here's another gem from my box. Lush and beautiful.  

• Brohoof 2

Yeah i adore Underworld. Fantastic band. If Radiohead were into dance music I think they would be the natural evolution of that.  You've got great taste in older bands.Tell you what though if you want to do make your own Electronica thread or something more specific (breakbeat) I'd gladly join you in posting stuff in it.

I agree with you on Underworld being the Dance version of Radiohead. I don't know any EDM artists who can write the kind of songs that Underworld do. And I might actually make a thread for some kind of electronic music. As for older stuff, yeah that's mostly what I'll listen to, not that any of the newer stuff is bad, but I just prefer the old stuff way more.

• Brohoof 2

Oooh time for more House. House music all night long. Let's go classic progressive

This put Leftfield on the map before Leftism. Much better than the album version too.

The full version of the trainspotting choon (bedrock is sasha and digweed)

• Brohoof 3