Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else ride motorcycles?

EndtheRaven

Hey! I was just wondering if there's any other fellow motorcyclist out there. Figured I would start a thread for us. We can talk about places to ride, our favourite bikes, motogp, experiences, anything really. 

I am a 20 year old aviation student in Oklahoma, and I ride motorcycles for transportation as much as I can. Despite being a broke college student I have managed to own some pretty cool bikes. 

(In chronological order)
1. '06 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (sold)

2. '05 Honda cbr600rr (traded, sadly. AWESOME bike)

3. '81 Honda GL500 (currently restoring, almost finished)

4. '01 Ducati 900SS (Daily rider but having engine problems

I would love to hear from you guys! 

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Not yet, but I'm taking an MSF course soon and I'm planning to get a motorcycle this spring, or maybe early summer depending on how things go. Something cheap, used, and in the 400cc to 700cc range. Probably a Yamaha V Star 650 or a Honda Shadow 500. I've been slowly accumulating gear, and I've got everything but a pair of motorcycle jeans now. The fully kevlar-lined ones are expensive. Since I can sew pretty well, it might be cheaper to buy the materials and make a few pairs myself :ButtercupLaugh: No, seriously. I'm not kidding about that. The good motorcycle jeans are over $200 per pair.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I just finished an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course last weekend and just have to submit some stuff online to have the motorcycle endorsement put on my license.:yay:

I started out riding my uncles Honda Trail 70 at my family's cottage when I was like 12.  It was pretty beat up, not wasn't as nice as this. It was still pretty fun though.post-24370-0-39188400-1396845272.jpg

I've also ridden a dirt bikes and quads since then too. In my early 20's I was considering getting a bike, but decided on a Camaro instead, due to safety and still living at home. I wouldn't have been able to keep a bike there.

Since then, I've bought a house, and a neighbor was getting rid of an 80's Honda motorcycle that I liked the look of. that was around 2017. It doesn't run, but I have the key and some extra engine parts. I don't know what it is though. I don't have a title for it, and have been busy with other stuff, so It's basically been yard art. I'm not going to seriously tear into it unless I can get a title for sure.

1036574662_20220316_1210451.thumb.jpg.33c6999d9c340bf6734f75d7d178470d.jpg

If you know what it is, please let me know.

I have a deposit on a Honda Grom that should be in by mid April. It's kind of a "Pony sized" motorcycle.:laugh: It gets great gas mileage, is cheap and easy to work on, and is the size of the trail 70 I used to ride, which are all big pluses. I already got a small hitch platform thing for it that hangs off the back of my suv for only like $170.

1754264519_22hon_grom_sbs_039-011.thumb.jpeg.c6570a0572b1a12c18aeb4393e520349.jpeg

If I had the money, I would buy a Harley Davidson 48. Maybe someday.

48.thumb.jpg.15c41340cf08fecce235ddb14d42b274.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...