Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have there ever been Trolls/Spammers/Hackers here?

bladereaper07

So, I've been wondering...the forum is such a nice and friendly place...the sort of enviroment an anti-brony would love to wreck. Have there been serious cases before? Such as, I don't know, total data wipes to the site? A Category being flooded? Anything?

I know there's been at least one DDoS here, but that was long before I joined.

I know there's been at least one spam bot too, but again, that was long before I joined.

There have been several trolls, though. In fact, there was one here last night. If you were here between 8:30-9:30 PM Eastern Time, you may have seen him.

Over the time this place has been around, they've come and gone, yes.

Even back in the early days, the staff has been quick to diffuse bad situations.

Trolling? Really? "I'm the troll champion, I bet you can't beat me! squee" ~ Fluttershy

Ah, Fluttershy has some good quotes. But really, I troll so much, I do it in almost anything any game any time anywhere. Heck, I even troll during classtime at school. I remember once...... (To save you from listening to this booooring story, I'll move on back  to the topic)

Trollers here, I think there have been a couple instances, but I was never really around when they were on :P

As for hackers or spammers, I think I might have seen a spammer around, but never seen a hacker. Oh yes, I once saw somebody hacked the Equestria.tv site. Does that count?

Our troll to brony conversion rate is just way too high to be trolled, you know? ^_^ They come here being like "Imma troll ya" and they be leaving like "Rainbow Dash is best pony" Proven fact. 

But like everyone has said, our great mods and admins are very quick to knock down any potential threats without. Plus it doesn't hurt to have so many great members that know how to use the report button as well.

I haven't seen one troll or hacker so far, but this probably because I joined pretty early.

I'm pretty sure of there were, though, the mods would take care of it in a second.

There was once this one troll that came on and completely wrapped us around his finger. He made us believe that he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant and she wouldn't let him see the child because he was a brony. We tried to convince the girlfriend that she wasn't being fair. Needless to say, it was pretty bad, and member from the site he was from came here to say they were sorry about it.

• Brohoof 1

There was once this one troll that came on and completely wrapped us around his finger. He made us believe that he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant and she wouldn't let him see the child because he was a brony. We tried to convince the girlfriend that she wasn't being fair. Needless to say, it was pretty bad, and member from the site he was from came here to say they were sorry about it.

That sounds a bit funny though...lol. Well, this is the internet after all, nopony knows if we're dealing with a changeling or something ;)

That sounds a bit funny though...lol. Well, this is the internet after all, nopony knows if we're dealing with a changeling or something wink.png

Well, in hindsight, it was pretty obvious. At the time, though, we were pretty flustered at it. For some reason, we were all caught up in the moment and didn't see him as a blatent troll

I mean, when he came on, he was nice and all and we wanted to help him....

Yes there is the occasional troll but they tend to be dealt with very quickly, and I am yet to actually see any kind of attack though that is unfortunately always a possibility. The mods do a good job but this site is huge and the mods will not see everything at all times. So we need to do our part as well and when we see trolls do not even bother responding to them, they like it when you give them attention even if that attention is negative, just report them and move on.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I haven't been here all that long, but I've seen a few trolls around (even called one of them on the carpet for it).  I like to think the mods and admins here know what they're doing, tho, and it's obvious they don't let stuff like that go on for long. :)

Well, in hindsight, it was pretty obvious. At the time, though, we were pretty flustered at it. For some reason, we were all caught up in the moment and didn't see him as a blatent troll

I mean, when he came on, he was nice and all and we wanted to help him....

I guess that's pretty understandable...well, like I said...it's the internet lol

Yes there is the occasional troll but they tend to be dealt with very quickly, and I am yet to actually see any kind of attack though that is unfortunately always a possibility. The mods do a good job but this site is huge and the mods will not see everything at all times. So we need to do our part as well and when we see trolls do not even bother responding to them, they like it when you give them attention even if that attention is negative, just report them and move on.

Yep... "Don't feed the Trolls" is the perfect way to steer away from, well, trolls. :P

OOOOOOOOOOOh yeah. There was one guy that acted out an entire fake incident with his girlfriend leaving him for being a brony, even going so far as posting in-character as her, just so he could laugh at the results.(we didn't find out until someone from a forum he posted about doing it on came and warned all of us that took part in the thread trying to help him).

• Brohoof 1

I heard the website was attacked once, but I've only seen one troll around here. At least, I'm pretty sure he was. I remember he posted about wanting a link to a clopper website so he could go mess with them, then claimed to be a closet clopper himself. In the end, his account was deleted/removed (same with the thread), so that's the end of that story.

There was one dude who started to troll an RP I'm in, but we simply had one or two comments that basically shut him down. The guy randomly came in, died, and came back as a zombie. He didn't even sign up or anything. 

• Brohoof 1

Dude... you totally just jynxed it. This site's so gonna get hacked because of you.

Sarcastic superstitions aside, I've never seen a troll or hacker mess around with our site. Although, I've seen some awful roleplay threads or roleplays post in threads that kill the whole thing. *cough* facetofacemanface *cough*

• Brohoof 1

Dude... you totally just jynxed it. This site's so gonna get hacked because of you.

94781%20-%20mother_of_celestia%20mother_

Mother of Celstia. Now that you mention that, knowing my luck, something will happen. What have I done?

But seriously, other than that one dude, I haven't seen anypony else troll or hack.

Edited by LeJAKoJAK

You've missed a funny one a while back (I missed another one after that). Some guy wanting to get to equestria and said something about Canadians. You can find the topic here.

Warning. Might destroy brain cells.

While I haven't been here long enough to answer the initial question of this thread, I think I may know at least part of what keeps trolls/haters away from the forums. you see, having recently registered, I noticed the 'captcha' question they ask people is actually an MLP trivia question; [insert mane6 character] is the element of ---------. while it seems simple enough to any fan, a troll/hater would have to actually do research into MLP to find this answer, which I highly doubt they would want to do, just by their nature. And those that do that much research may end up liking what they see and all of a sudden what was a registration to troll becomes a hater-turned-fan :)

• Brohoof 3

Yes, but they are few and far between.  Honestly in my time here I only heard of ten that actually made threads and stuff.  Haven't seen more then that though.