Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you lost your faith in the show crew?

MK15

168 users have voted

1. 1. Have you lost your faith in the show crew?

• Yes
    • No

Hey there guys. Today I want to open this new poll. I know that is an unusual question, but why I'm making it? Well, recentely Chad Rocco from Nostalgia Critics said that after all the wonderful episodes M.A. Larson made, now he hates him because the season 3 finale. This fact has made me very very sad, I mean, how can a pair of wings make you change Idea about a person you have respected for years? That's because I'm making this question: have you lost your faith in the show crew, and particulary the same Larson (after all the amazing episodes he made in past like Cutie Mark Chronicles, Return of Harmony, Luna Eclipsed and Magic Duel) after the S3? 

• Brohoof 3

With the show crew? No not at all.  My faith in humanity has always been low and whne I see topics such as this, it doesnt' do anything to help pull it back out of that gutter it fell intol.  I am losing faith however in the search function, perhaps it really was never there to begin with.   As for Chad Rocco, I wasn't aware that his views were the sole and end all opinions on bronydom, and brony culture.  I really have been doing this fandom wrong, haven't I?  I'm beginning to lose faith in myself.

• Brohoof 3

I have not lost faith but that is because I actually liked the season finale (I wish it had been a 2 parter but other then that it was awesome) Celestia had a singing roll witch is something Iv been wanting since the show began. I really dont understand people who just completely give up all hope in something because of 1 little change, its sad. But I will love mlp till I die hasbro would have to completely ruin everything about it for me to stop loving it.

Ps I had never heard of Chad Rocco untill I read this post so I really couldn't give a flying fuck what that guy thinks I dont even know who he is...... or care.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache
  • Brohoof 7

I haven't lost any faith in the crew, even if Season Three didn't feel as good as Season Two. They're great people who work hard to bring us the show we know and love, and find ways to get around any roadblocks that get in their way.

When it comes to the Season Finale, I think the biggest improvement could've been just splitting it into two episodes. The pacing was off, and they could've sacrificed another episode in order to fit another two parter in.

Other than that, no, I still have faith in the crew to deliver a great product.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I really have no problem with any of the episodes. I mean sure, there have been some episodes I really haven't cared for all that much but I'm not going to hate someone (the writer) for it...

I have faith that for every episode that isn't made at its best the writer can more than make up for it on another episode they might make...

I say there really isn't any reason to lose faith in the writers just because of one or two bad episodes, just think to yourself that it was only one minor flub and move on.

• Brohoof 2

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I have not lost faith in the writers at all. I actually loved the finale but let's say that I didn't, for one reason or another. It was just one episode. Are some people really losing their faith in the writers because of ONE episode? That confuses me to no end.

Maybe it is the Twilicorn concept that has broken the spirits of some? (How dare the writers do any character advancement!) Again, you have now lost all hope with the same people that brought you all of these great episodes before. Pretty dumb reasons to leave the fandom if you ask me....

• Brohoof 5

I've lost faith in McCarthy after S3. It's just like she's not even trying anymore.

It's not that Twilight just got a pair of wings. It's that S1 Twilight has been practically killed.

Where's that cute, socially awkward and neurotic unicorn we all loved in S1?

Oh, that's right. She's a princess now, outgoing, social and is loved by everyone, with no flaws whatsoever.

You know, because every little girl wants to be a princess.

• Brohoof 5

I've lost faith in McCarthy after S3. It's just like she's not even trying anymore.

It's not that Twilight just got a pair of wings. It's that S1 Twilight has been practically killed.

Where's that cute, socially awkward and neurotic unicorn we all loved in S1?

Oh, that's right. She's a princess now, outgoing, social and is loved by everyone, with no flaws whatsoever.

You know, because every little girl wants to be a princess.

"no flaws whatsoever."

So tell me... how did you like seeing season 4 before everyone else? Was Magical Mystery Cure actually an hour long and no one else noticed?

• Brohoof 7

Yeah, a little bit.  The quality of season 3 was really quite uneven in retrospect, and it felt like it had a higher percentage of lackluster episodes.  It had maybe 4 or 5 subpar episodes, which out of 13 is a *lot*, and a lot of it had to do with execution and pacing.  Sombra was a weak villain, Discord's reformation was not handled properly, and frankly speaking, there are a number of potential problems with Alicorn Twilight that I'm not convinced now that they're able to take on.  Season 3 was the first season completely free of Lauren Faust's involvement, and I don't know if that's a coincidence. 

So, yeah.  I have lost a little faith.  And the evidence is Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

Mine never left. Not when Cadance was announced, not when Twicorn was confirmed and not when the episode happened.

HOWEVER!

The rumor of Twilight's and Blueblood's baby has started rustling my jimmies a bit. If this turns out to be true, let me assure you that no tables in the area shall remain unflipped and I will march over to Hasbro HQ and flip all their tables (and probably set a few things on fire)!

• Brohoof 2

I have faith in the crew still. I think that the quality of the show has remained pretty consistent throughout the series. There are episodes from all the seasons that I can say that I loved. Magical Mystery Cure was a pretty good episode in my opinion. It had some of the best songs of the series, and the story was enjoyable. Looking back, I'm amazed at how much Twilight becoming a princess was a foreshadowed, especially in season 3. So, I still give the crew working on the show my full vote of confidence.

I may have hated the season 3 finale and still do, but I don't blame the writers for it because Hasbro crammed it down their throats and didn't give them enough time to properly flesh it out. No matter how talented of a writer or animator someone is if the boss says "do this" at the very last second it is probably not going to go over very well. Because alicorn Twilight was only on screen for a short period of time and it didn't really go into any detail whatsoever about her responsibilities or any potential new powers this can despite its lackluster introduction still work but only if Hasbro steps back and lets the crew do their jobs.

• Brohoof 1

Despite Spike at Your Service, Just for Sidekicks, and Games Ponies Play being complete travesties and Magical Mystery Cure being mildly bad, I haven't lost faith in the crew. This team knows that its audience, young and old, expect high quality production from them. Williams, AKR, McCarthy, Polsky, Powell, Morrow, and Larson know how to craft high-quality writing, and with the bigger budget, they'll have a ability to execute them better without having to rush in too many bold ideas simultaneously. The thirteen-episode format and how season three was considered the series finale until long after the final draft of Magical Mystery Cure was submitted forced the team to cram too much with some very mixed results. The bigger budget season four has gives the team room to focus on the series and character development more conservatively.

• Brohoof 3

As upset as I am that the season three finale was utter garbage, and as upset as I am about Twilight becoming an alicorn, I'm still not giving up on them. The show is still one of the best I've ever seen, and I'm more than happy to give the writers a chance to make the best of a terrible situation.

I guess you could say that despite my disdain for Magical Mystery Cure, I'm no fair-weather fan.

• Brohoof 1

No not really to be honest, season 3 was just a different season, Expecially being shorter. And while the s3 finale could've been better I like it more then most.

I haven't lost faith in the crew for mlp for sure.

Nope

I found the season finale to actually be very good.  MA larson has had bad episodes before, so why should this one be any different for those that say it's bad.

So the pacing was off with the last episode.  Let's freak out harder than a Detroit riot.

Seriously though, I saw no problem other than that.  Loved the songs big time.  I also loved the fact that this wasn't a boss battle, nor an internal battle.  Twilight was putting to right a mistake she made by using all the experience she's gathered.  If it were busted out into a 2 parter it would be way easier to see this and where they were trying to go as a coming of age story.  Again, pacing issues.  Rushed.  But then again, not the end of the world.  I am confident all the chicken little's are going to have egg on their faces when season 4 premieres and we see that Princess Twilight makes perfect sense and the show continues to be great.

Maybe it is the Twilicorn concept that has broken the spirits of some? (How dare the writers do any character advancement!)

You shouldn't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, if the only way they could think of giving Twilight character advancement was to turn her into a princess, I worry that they are either running out of ideas or just don't care that much anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I love this fandom, but I do think a percentage of us can be a bit alarmist at times. Perhaps all fandoms are this way, but I haven't been in enough to make any assumptions. It just seems like some bronies are just wont to freak out over things no matter how small they are. I can respect that people love the show and are worried about it. That just seems natural when so many great shows are cancelled quickly to fall into "cult" status, but FiM seems safe. The other big worry seems to be that Hasbro is cracking the whip on DHX and trying to force out ideas to sell merchandise, but to me that just seems unrealistic. In all, I think the MLP staff aren't losing their grip. I trust their writing abilities, and I trust that their vision of the show is largely unchanged from when they began, save the fact that they now realize that we exist and are willing to show us some love here and there. :)

• Brohoof 1

You shouldn't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, if the only way they could think of giving Twilight character advancement was to turn her into a princess, I worry that they are either running out of ideas or just don't care that much anymore.

I agree it happened quickly but check it out, Twi learned how to not flip out, how to let things happen and then deal with them accordingly and how to be an effective leader.  All in season 3.  She learned some of this in other seasons and had natural ability sure but if you pay attention Twilight was growing up pretty quick this season.  It could have used more buildup but I hardly call it using a sledgehammer.

The pacing of the episode was a concern to me, but the pacing of Twilight's character development wasn't. I think it's natural that Starswirl's book and Twilight's destiny was hinted at at the beginning of the season and resolved at the end. Many shows have season-based arcs.

• Brohoof 1

Not at all, I thought the finale was beautiful, It almost made me cry a couple times. It could've been longer, but it still worked.

As for CR, he's kinda calming down a little since the backlash, he admited on his Tumblr(abet, begrudgingly) that it was just his opinion and people don't have to listen, and should keep watching if they still enjoy the show.