Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you lost your faith in the show crew?

MK15

168 users have voted

1. 1. Have you lost your faith in the show crew?

• Yes
    • No

Until this show stops being as awesome as it is, I will not lose faith in the writers. While I don't agree with the decision to turn Twilight into an alicorn, I have no reason to believe it will be a bad thing. I'll just have to wait and see. But I can safely say that thus far, this show has given me more laughs and smiles than anything I've seen on television in years. Season 3 was outstanding in every way, so I am definitely anxious for more.

• Brohoof 1

Mine never left. Not when Cadance was announced, not when Twicorn was confirmed and not when the episode happened.

HOWEVER!

The rumor of Twilight's and Blueblood's baby has started rustling my jimmies a bit. If this turns out to be true, let me assure you that no tables in the area shall remain unflipped and I will march over to Hasbro HQ and flip all their tables (and probably set a few things on fire)!

That was actually a photshop job, the picture even has who made it credited at the bottom, what they were trying to accomplish, I have no idea, but it was a fake. 

I agree it happened quickly but check it out, Twi learned how to not flip out, how to let things happen and then deal with them accordingly and how to be an effective leader.  All in season 3.  She learned some of this in other seasons and had natural ability sure but if you pay attention Twilight was growing up pretty quick this season.  It could have used more buildup but I hardly call it using a sledgehammer.

I'm not really seeing her growth in season 3, I went through all the episodes and came up with this:

The Crystal Empire – Says friends can't help becuase Celestia says so, Spike only comes along at his own insistence (and Twilight would have failed without Spike).  Allegedly learns self-sacrifice.

Too Many Pinkie Pies – Fair enough, Twlight doesn’t freak out, closes entrance to Mirror Lake with a rock and calls the problem solved.

One Bad Apple – N/A

Magic Duel – After initially losing, her solution is to try to improve her spell-casting but doesn't seem to succeed, defeats Trixie in rematch by following Zecora’s advice.

Sleepless in Ponyville – N/A

Wonderbolts Academy – N/A

Apple Family Reunion – N/A

Spike at your Service – Spots a Timberwolf, run aways, leaves friends behind.

Keep Calm and Flutter on – Doesn’t believe Fluttershy can reform Discord, wants her to go back on her promise to not use her element.

Just for Sidekicks – N/A

Games Ponies Play – I guess N/A?  Can’t really think of anything important here.

Magical Mystery Cure – Her spell makes her friends miserable, gives up and goes home, only does something about it when Spike gives her motivation.

The writers made a show for kids that attracted millions of adult fans around the world. They took a glittery-girly franchise and made it worth your time. Why would I lose faith in a crew that can accomplish an amazing feat like that? 

• Brohoof 1

Have I lost faith in the MLPFIM crew? No, I have not.  Though I am disheartened with what happened with Twilight, episode 13 being one big freaking toy promotion, and the other things, I do not blame what happened on the crew. 

Have I lost what little faith I had left in the world? Somewhat.

To be blunt and honest, i'm the only one to blame for my own stupidity. It's my own fault for my "blind faith" in Hasbro as I really thought things were going smoothly between season 1 and 2.  With the moment between S2 and S3, I thought we were on the right track with the show.  Though Princess Cadence had the ambiance of a product placement in Hasbro's eyes, I didn't mind all that much, mostly due to her being a completely new character that was introduced at the end of the season.  Things were looking up, the world was bright, and "everything would be fine," but I was foolish, niave, blind, or whatever you would like to call it.  I can only blame myself for putting too much faith and hope into something.

The season finale episode of S3 just helped to remind me that the show is designed to sell product.  Hasbro has the ultimate say in things, like that person who orders their sandwich at Subway.  It will be made to order because they are paying for the product in the end. 

I believe the show crew has done the best the can with what they have been given, and it's just going to be a strain on them to deliver a quality product with Hasbro putting more... "factors" into episodes where the company says they want to have X concept shown in Y episode to sell Z product in the real world.  That's why I was kind of PO'd by Twili... excuse me, "Princess Twilight's" little chariot ride. 

Personally, I think Meghan McCarthy's little comment about "Every little girl wants to be princess," followed up by a quick clarification of "I wanted to be like Princess Leia" didn't really smooth things over all that well.  Again, I don't blame the crew for what has happened.  I fully believe it is Hasbro taking more direct control over their product to push all the sales they can right now, which really hurts things. 

Just my 2 bits on the matter.  With what little hope I have remaining, I do want to see S4 turn out to be more awesome than all the other seasons combined. 

• Brohoof 1

Nope.

It is honestly the first time when I can say I really disliked an episode (and mind you, I'm pretty neutral about the alicorn thing, I didn't like the episode because it was obviously rushed and two episodes fused together), tho I don't really think it's something the crew really did, it's probably more about the marketing and agreements with Hub.

Even if that wasn't the case, I think flipping out because you dislike one episode of show you otherwise love makes you more of a person with no integrity, rather than a critic or a fan.

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 2

Nope.

It is honestly the first time when I can say I really disliked an episode (and mind you, I'm pretty neutral about the alicorn thing, I didn't like the episode because it was obviously rushed and two episodes fused together), tho I don't really think it's something the crew really did, it's probably more about the marketing and agreements with Hub.

Even if that wasn't the case, I think flipping out because you dislike one episode of show you otherwise love makes you more of a person with no integrity, rather than a critic or a fan.

Same here, It frustrated because what we got was awesome, it's like teasing with how awesome it would've been as a two parter with more content. 

Same here, It frustrated because what we got was awesome, it's like teasing with how awesome it would've been as a two parter with more content. 

It felt pretty much like watching a trailer for a season finale, rather than an actual episode, yeah.

I was definitely pretty disappointed after watching it, but I'm amazed by the rather vocal reaction it got from the community. So many "ragequits" and flame wars followed by more ragequits. But hey, maybe it's a good thing, kind of a purge, the unclean purged themselves. Three yays for the Emperor.

Everyone so happy or angry about Twilly becoming an alicorn, busy fighting over it, but not many actually looked at what was wrong with the episode itself.

• Brohoof 2

It felt pretty much like watching a trailer for a season finale, rather than an actual episode, yeah.

I was definitely pretty disappointed after watching it, but I'm amazed by the rather vocal reaction it got from the community. So many "ragequits" and flame wars followed by more ragequits. But hey, maybe it's a good thing, kind of a purge, the unclean purged themselves. Three yays for the Emperor.

Everyone so happy or angry about Twilly becoming an alicorn, busy fighting over it, but not many actually looked at what was wrong with the episode itself.

That;s the way I feel, let the stupid people walk away the problem will sort itself out, when it comes to the drama. 

And same about the episode, I loved what we got, but we could've gotten so much more. 

NOT IN THE BLINKIN' SLIGHTEST!!! angry.png

sleep.png *ahem* Sorry, I just tend to be very sensitive about these matters.

I honestly don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about season 3 and, more specifically, it's finale. Nopony knows how season 4 will turn out. Nopony has the right to say that the show is ruined until season 4 airs.

• Brohoof 1

Three yays for the Emperor.

You just made me imagine Fluttershy wearing a space marine suit trying to cheer for a nonplussed emperor with rainbow hair.

You people.

Nope.

I don't really think that's a fair statement, some of the episodes leading up to the final were also of, shall we say, questionably quality (Spike at your Service, Games Ponies Play, Just for Sidekicks quickly come to mind).

The fact that all these episodes were aired closely together may have had something to do with the perception of quality and the reaction to the finale.

You just made me imagine Fluttershy wearing a space marine suit trying to cheer for a nonplussed emperor with rainbow hair.

You people.

You know, I'm pretty sure that if you searched hard enough, you'd actually find and image depicting just that. happy.png

I don't really think that's a fair statement, some of the episodes leading up to the final were also of, shall we say, questionably quality (Spike at your Service, Games Ponies Play, Just for Sidekicks quickly come to mind).

The fact that all these episodes were aired closely together may have had something to do with the perception of quality and the reaction to the finale.

And I disagree. I think it is perfectly fine and fair. I guess we could objectively say that this season had way too much Spike, but I don't think the episodes were of bad quality at all and I know a lot of people would agree with me. The last episode is, of course, a bit different cup of coffee so to speak.

Even so, it is not enough to make people who by themselves proclaim that they love and enjoy the show literally freak out and go into a rage more about it, spiting on the show and the community - and that's why I say they either have no integrity or didn't really like the show and community all that much to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

The show crew, no.  I have complete confidence that they will do their utmost to provide us the best viewing experience possible under their constraints.

Hasbro on the other hand, yes.  I think they are thinking more about short term money than the long term survival of the show.

• Brohoof 1

And I disagree. I think it is perfectly fine and fair. I guess we could objectively say that this season had way too much Spike, but I don't think the episodes were of bad quality at all and I know a lot of people would agree with me. The last episode is, of course, a bit different cup of coffee so to speak.

Even so, it is not enough to make people who by themselves proclaim that they love and enjoy the show literally freak out and go into a rage more about it, spiting on the show and the community - and that's why I say they either have no integrity or didn't really like the show and community all that much to begin with.

I don't think we should get into a long discussion about individual episodes here, and they had their good points and I can see why you might enjoy them.  However, can you see how having Spike be so OOC in both his episodes and how Games Ponies Play seemed to stretch on and on might cause people not to enjoy them?

The important thing isn't so much whether you liked an episode or not, but if you can see why people might have opinions that are different to yours.

I will say is much, much more iffy now than it was before. I just... don't know if they'll implement twilicorn in a good way. Hopefully they do, though.

You know, I'm pretty sure that if you searched hard enough, you'd actually find and image depicting just that. img-1301796-1-happy.png

Well, I'm bored since everyone else still believes a blizzard is coming through and don't want to do anything tonight so I took you up on that!

zxv70h.jpgangry.png

That's as close as I got laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Chad Rocco from Nostalgia Critics

If you like them then that is fine however why should the rest of us giving a flying feather about what they have to say? they are critics after all are they not? I have not lost faith and neither should any other self respecting brony/fan. 

I don't think we should get into a long discussion about individual episodes here, and they had their good points and I can see why you might enjoy them.  However, can you see how having Spike be so OOC in both his episodes and how Games Ponies Play seemed to stretch on and on might cause people not to enjoy them?

The important thing isn't so much whether you liked an episode or not, but if you can see why people might have opinions that are different to yours.

Well, it's kind of what I meant by "way too much Spike". But then again, someone likes Spike (I sure don't) and would perhaps consider episodes centered on some particular pony from the mane 6 bad. But there was nothing wrong with the episodes themselves up till the last one. And while it was terribly mashed together and rushed, it doesn't justify the reaction. I can respect or at least tolerate opinions, on the other hand, what the people in question presented was not an opinion, it was more of a stream of random curses and unfinished sentences.

Similarly, the outrage about Twillycorn - not reasonable, noone can really say until the S04, only then we can decide whether it's ok, good or bad, until then it's just a terrible unsubstantial bias.

Hell, no! I think the writers have always delivered great stories for each episode; I didn't see much wrong with the season 3 finale at all. I think some people just don't like all the changes are happening, i.e. Twilicorn.

At the end of the day, if something like that's gonna happen, it will happen, and there's nothing we can do about it. So just sit back and enjoy it! Don't leave the fandom for stupid reasons, like ONE episode being bad.

Well, it's kind of what I meant by "way too much Spike". But then again, someone likes Spike (I sure don't) and would perhaps consider episodes centered on some particular pony from the mane 6 bad. But there was nothing wrong with the episodes themselves up till the last one. And while it was terribly mashed together and rushed, it doesn't justify the reaction. I can respect or at least tolerate opinions, on the other hand, what the people in question presented was not an opinion, it was more of a stream of random curses and unfinished sentences.

Similarly, the outrage about Twillycorn - not reasonable, noone can really say until the S04, only then we can decide whether it's ok, good or bad, until then it's just a terrible unsubstantial bias.

I'm just going to leave this here and be done with it:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nhbKtYaxRZozzITbcL7TYkG5EDp7wCtU6kkieYThieI/viewanalytics

This is a poll that was run on fimfiction shortly after season 3 finished, asking people for their favorite episodes of each season.  Concerning season 3, the three episodes I mentioned were the least liked (Spike at your Service comes in at 0.35% of the vote).

If you ever want to read some reviews that are well made and go through the good/bad things the episodes had and try to understand why they could be disliked, I'm going to point you to Dark Qiviut reviews:

http://mlpforums.com/blog/91/entry-2256-spike-at-your-service-reviewanalysis/

http://mlpforums.com/blog/91/entry-2817-just-for-sidekicks-reviewanalysis/

I'm just going to leave this here and be done with it:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nhbKtYaxRZozzITbcL7TYkG5EDp7wCtU6kkieYThieI/viewanalytics

This is a poll that was run on fimfiction shortly after season 3 finished, asking people for their favorite episodes of each season.  Concerning season 3, the three episodes I mentioned were the least liked (Spike at your Service comes in at 0.35% of the vote).

If you ever want to read some reviews that are well made and go through the good/bad things the episodes had and try to understand why they could be disliked, I'm going to point you to Dark Qiviut reviews:

http://mlpforums.com/blog/91/entry-2256-spike-at-your-service-reviewanalysis/

http://mlpforums.com/blog/91/entry-2817-just-for-sidekicks-reviewanalysis/

Well, I will just say that if you want to support your opinion with statistics, anonymous forum polls with under a thousand participants are not the best way to prove anything, apart from that it's really just your opinion.

And that's actually fine, opinions are good and very subjective

Tho I still don't fully understand what does that have to do with the fact that the people who started to randomly offend and attack others who actually had nothing to do with anything just because they didn't like an episode are assholes, rather than people presenting an opinion.

Because, you see, one could at least do a little bit of research before randomly stabbing around, for example, people who like something you don't aren't at fault there, I can tell you that for a fact. Oddly enough, blaming the actual crew who makes the episode is shortsighted and somewhat ignorant just as well, if you have even the slightest clue as to how the busyness they are in works.

I've just learned a valuable lesson today, and I think that it would fit perfectly in this thread. The way I see it, as long as you have faith in the show crew, that's all that matters. You should let people believe in whatever they want, and not let their opinions bother you.

Not at all have I lost faith in the show crew. I think they have done a great job from season on till now. I know some may disagree with the above statement but honestly they really have done a great job. The finale of season 3 could have been a bit better than what it was but just because one episode did not stand out does not mean all the rest of the episodes will lack in quality. Don't worry so much they are going to make season 4 just fine.