Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Glitches-Discussion

Harmonic Revelations

Want to discuss glitches from any games you have played? This is a thread for describing (and if available, posting screenshots) of glitches you encounter in any game.

I just thought this would be a good thread to have for the purpose of posting glitches and such. Especially since glitches can often be humorous.

Edited by ♥Harmonic Revelations♥

I've always loved glitches... :3 I can never seem to pull them off, though, and I definitely never discover any... Well, maybe I have... But I can't remember doing so. xD

I did find one in The Hobbit by Sierra... In Smaug's castle, you could skip a long hike down a hole by jumping down and landing in just the right spot. I only experienced it once or twice, though. :P

This had to be mentioned.

Anyways, the glitch in Halo 3 where you could take control of the anti-air wraiths was a really cool one.

• Brohoof 1

In the present version of Tribes, there's a bug in the loadout customization menu that sometimes causes classes to be shown using the weapons of another class, as you can see below.

Light armored Pathfinders don't typically get to use the largest guns in the game.

ohgod.png

Its not really a glitch, but just non-rendered textures.

But still, i find this actually kinda funny. xD

Game: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

885190_470868369647877_729641733_o.jpg

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 2

Missingno is still waiting for your arrival to Cinnibar Island...

but anyway, have a picture of a recent glitch. The gang of pacifist swimming land sharks in Guild Wars 2.

p2EEZ4j.jpg?1

Also, I think you might enjoy this video if you haven't seen this glitch from WWE 12. It takes a few seconds, but it is downright hilarious once things start getting buggy!

Edited by Celtore

Gotta love that classic Minus World glitch ;)

Took me forever to actually be able to do it.

Speaking of other Mario glitches my Super Mario Bros. NES cartridge is currently infested with hordes of Glitch Gremlins, the whole game is just lol glitchness.

• Brohoof 1

I don't support glitching online, its no different than cheating, but I know quite a bit anyways xP.

Warrock

Marien- If you shoot a rocket at the ground at your friend's feet they can power jump

. Same applies to a lot of other maps, but this one is the easiest to do.

Warface

Beating the: Mech and Heavy trooper :The Mech/trooper can somehow be distracted by just one person by the person cornering them self and the mech/trooper will just stand there and stare at them. Pretty funny xD

Battlefield 3

MAV glitch if you didn't get the patch, stand on a MAV and just ride it up. Tank glitch: Boost your health up 300% and stand on a enemy tank. Have the enemy tank shoot and it well launch you across the map. And pretty fast too. Avoiding Javelins while in air: Fly low, and try to circle a mountain like area, it will for some reason throw off the missile, or at least most of the time xD.

SSX 2012

If anyone really played this game you would know the ungodly amount of deathtraps in this game, and I found that as soon as you hit the wall of the trap, snap the right trigger back than forward, it will cause the character to bump back up.

CC red alert 3

This is the stupidest thing ever, but helpful when you know you are going to lose. The rising sun has a vehicle that can cloak itself to the enemy's vehicle, becoming unattackable, though it should be. Load it with engineers and just walk into the enemy's base and steal everything thus, you winning.

Unreal Tournament GOTY

There is a train level with the train actually moving, but type "God" into the command prompt and jump off. Its pretty funny xD

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Resident Evil 4 has a few interesting glitches, such as a fence that if. You jump over it on the right spot you can walk outside of the game's boundries, and the Ditman glitch where if you aim the Striker gun and quickly go to your case and switch to another weapon you will do pretty much everything twice as fast. This video here shows them both off quite nicely:

There is also the bad kind of glitch, like the very infamous save glitches in Zelda Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, as well as Metroid Other M, these are fine games but god help the unfortunate gamers who have run into the glitches in them. :(

• Brohoof 1

So I was playing Lord of the Rings Online, making my way from Bree to The North Downs, when I saw this guy just floating there. How odd. 

598609_306002262850840_323117355_n.jpg

Edited by HylianTwilian
  • Brohoof 1

In Halo 3, I once captured a playback file of someone getting smashed into the ground by a vehicle.  That in itself isn't all that extraordinary, but the body was stuck in the ground in just the right way that his limbs started flailing around wildly, gradually separating from the main body until they stretched halfway across the map.  That was one of the funniest physics glitches I've seen. :)

Also, in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, there was an interesting bug that let you duplicate items from your inventory.  You had to have a bow and arrow equipped, draw the bow (get ready to shoot), then go into your inventory and drop an item, then equip a different arrow.  (I think that's right.)  If done correctly, you'd drop a large number of duplicates of that item.  My wife managed to fill up a shop with large shields until the shopkeeper was SWIMMING in them and we were getting maybe 1 frame per second.  But the Xbox managed to keep running anyway. :)  She then managed to sell the shields for around 1 million gold.  (Bethesda later fixed this bug in a patch.  Pity.)

Ooh, I got a good one.

A couple days ago, after playing paintball for the first time, my friends took me to their friends' house and we all took turns playing the Jak & Daxter Collection for PS3. My friend Sam was running around Haven City (the main city, right?) and found one of those little rocket-scooter vehicles. He tried to get in and it crapped out a copy of itself.

And it did it again.

And again.

And again.

Pretty soon we had, what, fifty copies of the same vehicle all trying to cram into the same spot? It was amazing, especially when we shot the mass with the Peacemaker and they went flying everywhere. 

A while back, I came across a few compilation videos of game glitches.  Took me a moment to find it again, but here it is - have another glitch video:

Oh, and who can forget the famous "New Game Plus" glitch in Super Metroid?

Edited by Harvan

• 2 months later...

This is a weird glitch I encountered in Super Mario 64!!

Crappy quality recorded by my digital camera!!

I think Bowser glitched up my game!!

One that i can think of right now is the famous Superswim glitch in Wind Waker, it's also quite easy to emulate. Here's a video for those who don't know anything about it.

• Brohoof 1

I was playing TF2 a while back on Viaduct, I ended up building a tele in the spawn room and letting a spy in. Good times. It's not patched either.

Caught a "film" in Halo 4 the other evening of my corpse getting magnetically stuck to a wall and "looping" around a weapon that had also gotten stuck there.  Turns out it's not so much a glitch as a product of one of those "energy lift" things that you can use to float up to a higher level - I got killed just above that, fell into it and got stuck in an interesting loop as it pushed me up and gravity pulled me back down.

So, glitch? Physics bug?  Or accurately modeled physics?  It was fun to watch, regardless. :)