Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your odd obsessions?

TheBronyHeart

Hello everyone!

Do you happen to have a strange or just slighly unusual obsession with random things or objects? TELL US ABOUT IT! :3 I, and possibly some others, would like to hear and share our obsessions.

I'll start.

BASEBALLS

Ever since i was young, i have loved baseballs. I don't know why really, but when I see a movie and somewhere in it there is a baseball, I just get elated. Take the movies "The Sandlot", "Rookie of the Year", and "Angels in the Outfield" for example. Aside from them being stellar movies on their own, the fact that there were baseballs in the movie (Especially that one scene in the sandlot with the giant pile of baseballs o_o ) I would just get uncotrollably excited. Having Baseballs in real life is even better, and I still don't know why. i am honestly not a fan of the sport all that much, just like every other sport. (meh... sports -_-) Honestly, just sitting here thinking about baseballs is getting me excited. .... !

So, what are your obsessions. :)

• Brohoof 2

I guess mine would be my strange liking for the taste of blood...

Whenever I lose a tooth, I lick the spot where I lost my tooth and taste the blood.

And no, I do not cut myself so I can taste blood.

Other than that, I like to comb my hair. I am male, but I just feel like I need to comb my hair every once in a while.

I am a little obsessed with time, borderline OCD. It is not so much that I am super busy all the time though that has contributed to this before but I always have to know even if I have nothing going on exactly what time it is.

I would have to say I have a interesting obsession with the early 1980's GMC Vandura G-1500's.(especially the 1983) (Not in a weird pedophile way of course). I'm just fascinated by the Vandura with it's majestic bodylines and vast amount of cargo space featuring a side sliding door & the 350cu-in 5.7 liter chevy small block engine. The interior features fascinate me even though they are meant to be plain and simple

I mean, why wouldn't one want such a van. They sure beat the looks of the new General Motors cargo vans. 

I wouldn't say this obsession is really obsessive in a odd way, I just think highly of the vans and indeed own 22 of them on Forza Motorsport 4 for the XBOX360. 

I even brought it upon myself to design a 2015 GMC Vandura concept vehicle and plan to make a interesting little half animated comic thingy featuring little vanduras that inhabit their own planet or something.

(I have the pictures of the design featured on my deviantart if you feel the need to check it out) http://the-intimidator.deviantart.com/

So yes, the Vandura is indeed van-tastic! (To me at least)

Fallout 3...This game kills me, Everytime I make a tiny mistake I reset delete my saved data and start over, sometimes after investing 60+ hours into it, I made spreadsheets, maps, various documents, I also own the strategy guide, actually 2 since I also recently bought the game of the year guide too.

I also recently bought a brand new copy to help avoid glitches...Yeah, it's bad.

Chernobyl. I'm sure that some people have guessed as much by my username. Anyway, as long as I've known about it (1986, saw it on the news and was worried; my parents told me not to worry, as it happened far away from where we lived) I've been fascinated. I looked up books in the library but was hampered by the fact that not many writers tackled the subject.

When the internet became available, it was so much easier to find information as well as every documentary ever made on the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. I plan to go visit Pripyat one day, with my fiance.

You know those little crap collectible yarn dolls you can get for a toonie in vending machines? I used to have a massive amount of those when I was a kid. I have no idea why, I just REALLY liked the dolls for some reason. I would line them up in a certain order depending on colour and size, and my mum actually had to tell my cleaning lady to never touch them otherwise I would freak out.

Really, it's the same nowadays. Everything has to go in a certain colour order. My room has to be a certain temperature at all times. My closet is colour coordinated.

I'm also obsessed with building the perfect engine and the number four. XD

Finally, I HAVE TO ALPHABETIZE EVERYTHING.

There's loads more, I'll think of them later.

• Brohoof 1

Me being a CrAzY autistic (According to the stereotype, since society thinks autistic people are crazy now, apparently), I have many different obsessions, most being a bit strange at least.

Territorial stuff.

I have a weird obsession with things relating to territories, like states, countries, stuff like that. I just love all of that, like borders and things of that nature. I know that sounds weird, but I am weird so it works. :)

Transformation type things.

Basically the concept of a species going from one thing to another. This one is REALLY hard to explain, but I will give an easy example. The Twilight Alicorn thing. She was a unicorn, now she is an Aicorn, she has become a different species. That stuff really fascinates me. This one is probably really weird too, but whatever.

Weather.

I have a fascination with weather, mainly severe weather, like super cells and tornadoes. I will constantly search for videos and pictures of these things for some reason.

The human animal.

Another strange one, but I am very fascinated by the human animal, basically meaning how we fit in the animal kingdom. Many people like to view humans as not animals and above everything else, I am the opposite. I am intruiged by all the things that make us what we are, which is an animal. Sure, we are different, but all animals are.

There are many more that I can list, but those are some of my biggest ones. I am incredibly strange, but that doesn't bother me any. :) Hopefully it doesn't bother you. :P

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Fallout 3...This game kills me, Everytime I make a tiny mistake I reset delete my saved data and start over, sometimes after investing 60+ hours into it, I made spreadsheets, maps, various documents, I also own the strategy guide, actually 2 since I also recently bought the game of the year guide too.

I also recently bought a brand new copy to help avoid glitches...Yeah, it's bad.

I am exactly like this in minecraft, if i died and lost any items at all or if i screwed anything up then it didn't matter how far i was or how well i had done up until that point the fact that i died meant i had to restart :P

• 5 months later...

I have a few, I have a weird obsession with mushrooms, I love how they work and I was obsessed with it. Not as much though, then it's cheese I love cheese, everything about it. I used to be obsessed with how the human body worked, I stopped later on but I will admit I'm still interested in it just not as much, I'm still interested in eyes maybe because I've started to notice eyes more then I used to, they fascinate me.. So complex, yet so fragile.

My number one obsession are cars but that isn't odd, but I guess what could be considered odd about it is that I'm obsessed with every little detail, which is why I love engines they're so complex. I like complex things.

I'm a Serious Audiophile, I mean on days without school I easily listen to music 20-24 hours a day.

I cannot sleep without a noise of any sort around me, TV, Music, Etc.

I have an addiction to collecting everything of one series if I enjoy it that much,

I seem to get songs stuck in my head for long periods of time, I've gotten Seven Nation Army Stuck in my head for 6 Months Straight,

I cannot leave something undone, or it never leaves my mind.

I tend to Start Random Words with caps, Mostly the Important ones.

I have a habit of changing my username a lot.

And I Just love the thought of Joining the Military when I Mature and Grow Older.

I hate using Only One name.

hence I love the idea of living in a post apocalyptic world,

i cant stand using the OP weapns in any game i always make sure i use a gun noone else does because i like to be individual

i cant stand not being individual yet i strive for the brotherhood and connection that comes with being a clone

Music can make me cry, or it can lift my Emotions upto Massive Hights.

Ooh, I have a couple of obsessions... But so does everyone ^^

I'm obsessed with hygiene and smell. My hygiene, to be exact. I don't really mind other peoples, as long as they don't smell somehow particularly bad. Like really, really bad. But I always think, when I'm around other people, if I smell, if I haven't made my morning rituals (teeth, shower, deodorant. Oh, and on the worse days, a dash of perfume. But since I know that perfume makes people nauseous, I only use one spritz overall). It can be very disturbing for me, since I'm concentrating on the wrong things. D:

Then, I'm really obsessed on the moon. Everything that even relates to the moon makes me almost instantly fall in love with it. For example that's the reason why I love princess Luna (I don't really think I'd have other reasons why I love her so much) and causes a small obsession for Sailor Moon (the way the manga creates the history is just enchanting *w*). I can literally stare hours at the moon (but since I don't live at home anymore, I don't have a straight view :( I used to stare at the moon for hours and then go to sleep).

Oh, and then there's OCD-craft. When I build in Minecraft, everything has to be symmetrical. When I can't put the door in the middle, I have to put it in the middle. The item's I put in don't have to be symmetrical, tho. Only the mine shafts have to be always symmetrical when I dig them and such. And my house rooms have to be too. (It's not that bad of a OCD-craft, but some things are worse than others.)

~

I used to empty my father's wallet when I was a kid by asking for loads of Build-A-Bears! I have since outgrown them though.

Right now, I often have the need to use correct grammar, correct spelling, correct punctuation, correct everything english, even on the Internet If you put me in a regular chatroom other than the forums, you can almost bet that the neatly typed up comment amongst all the others came from me!

I have an obsession with prog rock music, enough that I trained my brain to remember every songs I listen to, and I can listen to any songs anywhere. So I spend 24h/24h listening to music.

Also an obsession with rocks, there are rocks, gems and fossils all around  the house. They are so interesting for some reasons. :3

I am always looking at the ground when I walk, searching for potential fossils.

Another obsession is cars. I just love them, mostly cars from the muscle era, as you can see with my avatar. Pontiac GTO, Roadrunner, Mustang, Charger, I love them all. :) And I always creep out when I see a rare car in a movie, even more irl.

I used to have an obsession with collecting rocks when I was younger. I don't what that was about, but I just needed to collect them. I still have a box under my bed with all the rocks I've kept.

I love orchestral music. I love it to the point where I'm obsessed with it. I have listened to so many tracks that it is crazy.

Here is my oddest obsession. I need to keep everything orderly. If it is just a little dirty or out of place, I must fix it ASAP. If I don't, it will bother me until I do.

Well..

• I have music nearly playing all the time all day...
  • Everything has to be in order or my insides will start burning..
  • I have an obsession with the taste of blood...I chew on the inside of my mouth and well...the blood tastes too good...
  • Drinks..whether it be soda, milk, lemonade, juice or whatever, I'm always drinking something.
  • Starving myself from time to time..
  • Getting what I want.
  • Changing my profile picture a lot..
  • I like seeing myself in emotional pain..

Sock monkeys, I love them! I have a gigantic one named Geoffrey :D whenever I go somewhere and see one I have to resist not buying it

Another one, I absolutely hate ordering the same thing as someone else at a restaurant. I will change my order if someone else is getting it

I don't inflict self pain, but it sometimes feel good to be in angry or sad, like the hate I sometime receives leads to be mad but also comfort, I collect legos... allot, pictures wherever i go, i need a certain dose of heavy bass music every day or else i won't be fully aware of what's going on around me. Ponies tongue.png if it counts, laptops( i have like 5 of these) boxes. LOTS LOTS LOTS of boxes usually because i need to store stuff. I do everything to please someone because i feel wrong leaving someone unsatisfied. I comb my eyebrows, or else they look retarded, and milk, yes i love milk, alot, one cup on daily basis

I like seeing myself in emotional pain..
 love that feeling Edited by Rayray

I have an obsession with stuffed animals. The second half of my double bed is covered in them. They were a comfort thing when I was a kid and now I couldn't imagine sleeping without one. Even when going on holiday, I took at least one with me.

Another thing I obsess about is noise. I have really sensitive ears and what sounds quiet to you on your mp3 player is probably what I most likely listen at. A TV has once thrown me into a fit of rage, causing me to drive to my local library for some piece and quiet.

I color-code my M&Ms and pretend that they are Jedi, Sith, clone troopers, and rank them depending on their colors. I pretend they talk to each other, and I usually try to have a happy ending by eating Yoda last.

I am absolutely serious.

• I have to be hanging out with my friends on a Friday or Saturday. If not, I willow in self pity, and get depressed. 
  • I love the human mind. It's psychology amazes me. I find myself looking at pages about disorders, conditions, etc. I also think of myself as a psycho serial killer who escapes the mental ward and kills many people. I don't know, it just comes up in my head

I have music nearly playing all the time all day...

So do I.