Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

User Page Layout

King

I thought this could be a nice place to Discuss a user page layout.

Which would obviously come after the more technical stuff...

I suggest something like this...

Yeah I made it in Paint, so shush :P

• Brohoof 2

Main changes I see from the current layout:

• the "social" and "content" halves of the profile have switched sides
  • comments are above followers/following
  • tracks are above albums

The header remains more or less unmodified.

Could I please ask you to elaborate on why this would be a more effective layout?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Main changes I see from the current layout:

• the "social" and "content" halves of the profile have switched sides
  • comments are above followers/following
  • tracks are above albums

The header remains more or less unmodified.

Could I please ask you to elaborate on why this would be a more effective layout?

The following reasons are why Id think it would be a little more effective and pleasing to the eye...

The left hand side of the page is directly under the users picture and comments/followers are right there for everyone to see right away...it may sound a little "bland" .... but it's been a design I've spotted on several sites similar.

Comments are a direct (since there is no PM system IN pony FM, other then the one in MLP Forums) feedback system for artists themselves, not just certain songs, so for obvious reasons its nice to see that upon entry in a users profile page.

The reason Id put tracks above Albums is so people can go straight to the track they want to listen to without having to go through albums, but IF they wanted to listen to an entire album or see which songs make up a certain album ,they still have that option by looking below the singular tracks.

As for why I swapped the content and social sides is because the right side of the screen is used by many similar sites as the "business side" because it sticks out more in peoples minds. (I know it sounds weird just keep with me lol)

I added Playlists so people can see which songs certain artists listen to and what those artists personal Playlists are....

The Design I proposed is just one that seems effective on some other sites, and may be something that would work for us aswell.

HOWEVER...it may also be an idea to allow people to actually move their page around and do it themselves....allowing them to design it the way they want it.... dunno how it would work in the Technical aspects, but it's just an idea....

Edited by ~Dawn♥Rider~
  • Brohoof 1